First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jox g
    replied
    My former Ninja Sensei once told us: "If you wanna be big, THINK BIG."

If you fail, fail at 100%, without second guessing yourself.

How many people don't even have the guts to try something? They remain where they are because they never tried.

We need to STOP judging Meyer. He's done more than you or me on the Field. He's won He's led.

People talk about Chip Kelly, Nick Saban. HE IS NOT CHIP OR NICK! (Besides, what coach in the NFL would have won with GUS FERROTE 2005 Mia QB or JOEY HARRINGTON 2006 Mia QB?)
    You cannot win in the NFL with just a coach (Belicheck had a below avg QB this year.) You cannot win with just a QB (We had Anthony Lynn). You need BOTH! Having great ownership and a strong GM too. You need to have a complete team/organization. Out of ALL the candidates out there, who is the one MOST LIKELY to change to Chargers culture?

Or...we can just hire a Daboll (a more experienced M. McCoy, Anthony Lynn, Kevin Gilbride)

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Really interesting video concerning another negative about jacksonville. The need a $150 million dollar upgrade to their parking structure there plus they may have to split games in europe. Plus they have a 2 year rebuild ahead of them. If I was Meyer I would take the Chargers over Jax for $10 mil a year in a heartbeat. Jax is no picnic!

This was my theory on Chargers v Jaguars. The dollars and FL income tax are valid

But if Meyer has a 3-4 year window - the Chargers are closer it seems than the Jags. My guess its still 90/10 he goes to the Jags but who knows.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Really interesting video concerning another negative about jacksonville. The need a $150 million dollar upgrade to their parking structure there plus they may have to split games in europe. Plus they have a 2 year rebuild ahead of them. If I was Meyer I would take the Chargers over Jax for $10 mil a year in a heartbeat. Jax is no picnic!

If we havent heard anything for us regarding Meyer than id have to assume Dean just dont want to pay the price for him. I mean, no word of an interview. Unless this is all going hush-hush for some reason. Its only Jax and us expressing interest.

But that video i saying its pretty much a foregone conclusion on Meyer, just hasnt been announced yet for Jax. But who knows.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    I don't think the snag is the money but the Guaranteed part of it. What if he wants $12 mil a year for 5 years guarantee? 3 years guarantee and I think it's a done deal. No?

:Beer1:

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well....Meyer has been a HC for many years and sure it was in college, but Daboll has zero experience as a HC. The only downside i see to Meyer is his longevity to the team and him wanting control or how much control he wants.

As a Head coach id be stoked to have him. Ib be ok with Daboll as well but we want him for his OC ability and QB mentoring. Thats the biggest draw for everyone here. Who knows if he will be worth a shit as a HC? But he has been in the NFL for many years and with the Pats so if he is hired, we shall see.

Id also be fine with Saleh or Staley and i have confidence they will bring in a good OC and Staley im sure would be asking McVay for advice for that job.
    Same argument I made for Harbaugh - if Harbaugh had the record with the Chargers for 4 years he had with the Niners - I would take that risk over trying to get the 8-10 year coach like Payton or Tomlin - and I think Daboll could be that. He worked for the Pats but many other teams so I do like his resume

But all things equal -- Urban Meyer has been a head coach, won everywhere he has been. It might not work. But as we have seen for so many years - the first time OC route hasn't worked for very long.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I dont know if Meyer is best choice over a guy like Daboll, but if Spanos forks out enough money to get Meyer that is a major good step in ownership trying to make this team a winner...... he has a long history of winning..... and he is a leader and knows how to build a program and hire the right people.....
    Well....Meyer has been a HC for many years and sure it was in college, but Daboll has zero experience as a HC. The only downside i see to Meyer is his longevity to the team and him wanting control or how much control he wants.

As a Head coach id be stoked to have him. Ib be ok with Daboll as well but we want him for his OC ability and QB mentoring. Thats the biggest draw for everyone here. Who knows if he will be worth a shit as a HC? But he has been in the NFL for many years and with the Pats so if he is hired, we shall see.

Id also be fine with Saleh or Staley and i have confidence they will bring in a good OC and Staley im sure would be asking McVay for advice for that job.

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

As I said earlier - if he is looking for a 2-3 year push and there are only two teams talking to him, Jags and Chargers -- well aside from state income tax, the Chargers are better positioned to win the next 2-3 years. Doesn't mean that this offseason the Jags can't hit free agency, hit the jackpot with Lawrence and the draft - it can happen. But seems like a couple years to get the roster right.
    agree.... but it still would shock me to see spanos shell out major money for Meyer or Harbaugh(more than twice as much as ever before)......it would be so unlike them....

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    I really don’t have a preference for our next HC, but to me, hiring Meyer demonstrates a commitment to winning. Because Meyer has demonstrated a Belicheat-like focus on winning.
    I dont know if Meyer is best choice over a guy like Daboll, but if Spanos forks out enough money to get Meyer that is a major good step in ownership trying to make this team a winner...... he has a long history of winning..... and he is a leader and knows how to build a program and hire the right people.....

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    I really don’t have a preference for our next HC, but to me, hiring Meyer demonstrates a commitment to winning. Because Meyer has demonstrated a Belicheat-like focus on winning.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Did you hear that.
    He has talked to us recently.
    :nod:
    It was probably Dean asking....still wanting 11-12 mil?

Meyer...Yep

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Did you hear that.
    He has talked to us recently.
    :nod:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X