• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    This is happening Charger fans, embrace the cultural change

and be ready to thank the Spanos
    Fake news....the Chargers know he would command north of 10 mil a year, and have unprecedented decision making power...but we all know the Chargers dont care enough about winning to change their ways, and they are too cheap to pay a big name coach...so they never make that call....right?:stirringshit:

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Report: Chargers have spoken to Urban Meyer

Posted by Josh Alper on January 13, 2021, 11:42 AM EST

There’s been a lot of talk about Urban Meyer becoming the next head coach of the Jaguars, but it appears that may not be his only NFL option.

NFL Media reports that the Chargers and Meyer have spoken recently. The report adds that there has not been a formal interview at this point, but that Meyer’s desire to explore every option is part of the reason why things with the Jaguars remain open.

Moving onto an interview would suggest that the momentum that appeared to be pushing him to the Jaguars has hit a snag and that Meyer is a real option to take over in Justin Herbert‘s second season.

Meyer could also opt to pass on a chance to returning to coaching altogether and his ultimate decision will be watched closely by multiple teams.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

As I said earlier - if he is looking for a 2-3 year push and there are only two teams talking to him, Jags and Chargers -- well aside from state income tax, the Chargers are better positioned to win the next 2-3 years. Doesn't mean that this offseason the Jags can't hit free agency, hit the jackpot with Lawrence and the draft - it can happen. But seems like a couple years to get the roster right.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

This is the likely scenario. Although I would be really happy and shocked if we landed him! :freakout:
    Why can't we have pretty things?

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Hes probably using us for leverage on something though before he takes the Jags job.
    This is the likely scenario. Although I would be really happy and shocked if we landed him! :freakout:

Leave a comment:

• Silversurfer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If he wants to win - and go out on top
    The Chargers do seem better positioned for the next 3 years to win.
    Hes probably using us for leverage on something though before he takes the Jags job.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
    Jesus! get this guy already.
    If he wants to win - and go out on top
    The Chargers do seem better positioned for the next 3 years to win.

Brian Daboll would be a good signing
    Urban Meyer would be a slam dunk grand slam hire! Granted, he could suck but hey, after 14 years or Norvous Turner, Visor McCoy and Lynn - I am willing to gamble on a HC that has won everywhere he has went (thats like Marty and Boss Ross)

and Urban Meyer would be The Damn Boss!!!

Leave a comment:

• Silversurfer
    replied
    Jesus! get this guy already.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    #urbanrenewal
    One thing - guy has health issues. Jaguars might be a good long term job but its a couple drafts away I would think

Chargers can win the next two years with strategic improvement in the OL and Special Teams at the top of list (per Telesco on his zoom call, these two areas were talked about a lot and most of this draft board)

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    #urbanrenewal

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by therber219 View Post
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...048270850?s=19

Still don't know how to do this right, but saw this and didn't know if it had been posted yet.
    I posted in the head coach thread but glad they talked to him. As it seemed like Meyer was very interested in the Chargers. I think its still a long shot but if the Chargers want to win - if they want to create buzz in LA - this guy would be a slam dunk hire to me.

His track record is pretty damn strong.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X