Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The only now available coaches are not in the playoffs. Daboll can't commit til they lose so I don't think it's a bad thing to do due diligence on others.
    But they have interviewed nobody yet.
    ​​​​​​
    I agree with what you have said, but I also think there is a point at which you have so many candidates that it can be counterproductive.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

We would have been a double digit win team this year, but for Lynn's stunning incompetence. With good roster additions, we should be right at the very top in terms of record.

Meyer is unproven at the NFL level altogether. It is also reasonable to question his level of commitment. To me, he is far riskier than those coordinator types you do not appear to like. For every McCoy and Lynn you throw out, I will throw out a Spurrier and Saban.

Harbaugh is less risky, but I think he is the wrong fit for the team that we have.

Daboll has good NFL experience and looks like a perfect fit for our team. Only our ownership could make this more difficult than it needs to be.

We have been a pass oriented team and we hired a RBs coach that turned out to be clueless about in game tactical decisions.

Then, when we have a great candidate just sitting there who just built up a juggernaut of an offense featuring a young QB with similar traits to our young QB, we decide to interview half of the coaching universe. And, to be clear, I like due diligence, but not if it costs us the opportunity to hire the obvious choice.
    The only now available coaches are not in the playoffs. Daboll can't commit til they lose so I don't think it's a bad thing to do due diligence on others.
    But they have interviewed nobody yet.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Daniel Jeremiah gives the many reasons why the Chargers job is the top job and there is no reason to settle . Urban Meyer or Jim Harbaugh should be near the top of the list

Its a job = he said it. The playmakers on defense (if DJ33 can stay healthy); add a CB, add an edge rusher, more IDL depth; fix the OL

it sounds like a lot but if targeted - the Chargers could be a double digit win team

don't settle for a cheap coordinator type
    We would have been a double digit win team this year, but for Lynn's stunning incompetence. With good roster additions, we should be right at the very top in terms of record.

Meyer is unproven at the NFL level altogether. It is also reasonable to question his level of commitment. To me, he is far riskier than those coordinator types you do not appear to like. For every McCoy and Lynn you throw out, I will throw out a Spurrier and Saban.

Harbaugh is less risky, but I think he is the wrong fit for the team that we have.

Daboll has good NFL experience and looks like a perfect fit for our team. Only our ownership could make this more difficult than it needs to be.

We have been a pass oriented team and we hired a RBs coach that turned out to be clueless about in game tactical decisions.

Then, when we have a great candidate just sitting there who just built up a juggernaut of an offense featuring a young QB with similar traits to our young QB, we decide to interview half of the coaching universe. And, to be clear, I like due diligence, but not if it costs us the opportunity to hire the obvious choice.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Either way if Matt Rhule can get 9mil he should get that and compensated with his credentials.

Urban Meyer Rumors: Report of HC Wanting $12M Jaguars Contract 'Not Accurate' | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
    He won't get less than Rhule who hasn't won three national championships and is making near 9 mil.
    I'd guess he gets 10-12.

Regardless he is far out of Dean's range.

Leave a comment:

• Silversurfer
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Either way if Matt Rhule can get 9mil he should get that and compensated with his credentials.

Urban Meyer Rumors: Report of HC Wanting $12M Jaguars Contract 'Not Accurate' | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Thats actually a false rumor, he might still be asking high but someone with his high football IQ is worth it.

False rumor? This is from Florio.

https://sports.yahoo.com/source-urba...175912616.html

Leave a comment:

• Silversurfer
    replied
    Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
    You guys are dreaming.

He's asking for 12M a year. Spanni is going to offer an Anthony Lynn salary.
    Thats actually a false rumor, he might still be asking high but someone with his high football IQ is worth it.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    You guys are dreaming.

Maybe it's worth it! An extra $8 mil a year for 4 years might bring bigger dividends. If Meyer decides to leave at least we might have a new culture instilled after 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    You guys are dreaming.

Exactly....Lynn has been our highest paid HC. Maybe Daboll excepts 5 mil a season but Joe Brady certainly will lol. He is 31 and probably making $500 K at Carolina.

Leave a comment:

• PR#1
    replied
    You guys are dreaming.

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied
    What we need is a coach that knows how to win!
    Enter Urban Meyer

We need a HC that is good at clock and game management.
    Enter Urban Meyer

Because the Chargers are unaccepted by the LA fans, we need a guy that's well known and highly thought of.
    Enter Urban Meyer

I read the arguments that he seems to move on in 3/4 years -------- BUT, that's time enough to win a Super Bowl!

Get the right coach, upgrade the OL this year, draft a RB and WR next year and we're ready to win it all!

Do you think Belichick can out coach Urban Meyer like he has our last HC? I don't!

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Fun to listen to Jeremiah...he totally became a Charger fan boy...and Herbert could probably have his way with him, lol....

Good stuff, but Meyer still gives me pause....but one good thing about him coming aboard...TT would be working side by side with a discerning eye for college talent, for the upcoming drafts.
    Id just like a HC that will be here for some years like Tomlin for example. The HC carousel gets old with this team and some stability would be nice. Just dont see Meyer as that guy. I would like a SB though, and maybe he can do that but just dont see him being in the NFL very long before he realizes college is where its at for him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X