• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

True, what did Topcat (I want more blitzing) think about that blitz? Live by blitz, die by the blitz!
    Topcat would say that they don't blitz very well....other than from the occasional edge with King/James.

Topcat would say that you can still blitz and have a spy at the same time. The blitzer would engage a guard then move off a bit and watch.

Topcat would say that there is zero sense in having someone just sit there in no man's land....unless they can also decapitate crossing receivers.

Topcat wants to be made assistant DC under Bradley, with a million dollar salary to boot, for this advice.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Topcat would say that they don't blitz very well....other than from the occasional edge with King/James.

Topcat would say that you can still blitz and have a spy at the same time. The blitzer would engage a guard then move off a bit and watch.

Topcat would say that there is zero sense in having someone just sit there in no man's land....unless they can also decapitate crossing receivers.

Topcat wants to be made assistant DC under Bradley, with a million dollar salary to boot, for this advice.
      I'd say he will never get hired

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Absolutely not! I would NEVER, EVER, EVER in a MILLION YEARS want to be made assistant DC under Bradley, with a million dollar salary! It would have to be at LEAST TWO million!
        Last edited by Topcat; 09-22-2020, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Chargers went on a 10 minute drive to take the lead in the 4rth quarter.

The D played very well.
          My problem is that once again, it played well enough to lose.
          They couldn't stop Cincy at the end...the Ingram interception was a fluke play (although a great play by Ingram).

QB figures out coverage schemes by 4rth quarter; pressure diminishes; blitzes not getting to qb. This happens all the time - its a feature of the D.

They are blitzing in crunch time, but the blitzing is not effective; i don't think they spend time practicing it enough.
          Powder, you may have hit one of the nails on the head here. Why is a team like the Cheatriots so effective, aside from the cheating? Because Belicheat does practice fundamentals, time after time. And it shows. Why can New England sign average FA's and turn them into above average players? Practice, practice, practice, until it becomes automatic. Lynn apparently is lacking in this department...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

I'm not surprised. After watching Hard Knocks, I think Lynn is just not a strategist when it comes to football. He's a good guy, no doubt. But he places such a HIGH stock in being a "leader of men" at the cost of doing what it takes to win the games.

That's why he comes out publicly to support Taylor starting over Herbert in week 3. He wants to demonstrate loyalty. He wants Tyrod, a guy he likes, to have every opportunity to play this season so that he can be signed next year at a good salary. He cares about the man.

But that decision is at the expense of our wins.

Likewise, Lynn had COVID and spent a lot of time talking about COVID and worrying about COVID affecting our players. As such, I believe he didn't press as hard this offseason in terms of the physical level of play. I get it (worried about the guys getting COVID).

TBH, I wasn't happy that our one time to play in SoFi this offseason was canceled because of him wanting to be a leader of men and make a stand on the issue of BLM. He wanted to lead these men.

So, great guy. But I think he prioritizes (or seems himself first) being a leader of men with wise sayings and "caring" for the players. Both great things.

But if I'm gonna have to choose. I'd like the wins. You can have both, but if you can't, let's think about ways to win (a little more BB please).
            Good points, Bay. Lynn kind of reminds me of the hyper salesman at a car lot with a lot of rah-rah talk and hype about the car you want, but you sure wouldn't want him to be fixing anything wrong with that car once you buy it.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

For Bosa he can have his own private tank! it would be worth it!
              Chargers trainers are like that person who buys a new car, complains it runs weird later, but never changed oil.

0151ac13-6bf1-49d4-99c1-66a700e2f682_1.079e58e95314206b2f7f3af647827fc2.jpeg?odnWidth=612&odnHeight=612&odnBg=ffffff.jpg

Comment

• Silversurfer
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Los Angeles
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

True, what did Topcat (I want more blitzing) think about that blitz? Live by blitz, die by the blitz!
                Thats what the Steelers do and seems to work for them. Knowing us we send all dogs and they block every single person. Man wish we had James out there.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Thats what the Steelers do and seems to work for them. Knowing us we send all dogs and they block every single person. Man wish we had James out there.
                  Yep...it's about scheme, matchups, calling the right D at the right time based on what the offense shows AND past film study...Gus just seems to be out-schemed at the most critical times, time and time again...

Comment

• I do not want to fire Bradley just yet, but Lynn has got to go based upon his mishandling of the QB position.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

9 pages discussing a lame poll.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
                        I do not want to fire Bradley just yet, but Lynn has got to go based upon his mishandling of the QB position.
                        Got to go based on perceived mishandling of a QB position? That’s rich.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

I'm not surprised. After watching Hard Knocks, I think Lynn is just not a strategist when it comes to football. He's a good guy, no doubt. But he places such a HIGH stock in being a "leader of men" at the cost of doing what it takes to win the games.

That's why he comes out publicly to support Taylor starting over Herbert in week 3. He wants to demonstrate loyalty. He wants Tyrod, a guy he likes, to have every opportunity to play this season so that he can be signed next year at a good salary. He cares about the man.

Likewise, Lynn had COVID and spent a lot of time talking about COVID and worrying about COVID affecting our players. As such, I believe he didn't press as hard this offseason in terms of the physical level of play. I get it (worried about the guys getting COVID).

TBH, I wasn't happy that our one time to play in SoFi this offseason was canceled because of him wanting to be a leader of men and make a stand on the issue of BLM. He wanted to lead these men.

So, great guy. But I think he prioritizes (or seems himself first) being a leader of men with wise sayings and "caring" for the players. Both great things.

But if I'm gonna have to choose. I'd like the wins. You can have both, but if you can't, let's think about ways to win (a little more BB please).
                          Expense of wins? I see you can predict the future. What are the winning lotto numbers?

Comment

Working...
                          X