• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

No mention of Ken Dorsey (cam former QB coach he won MVP with) as a reason for Josh Allen success. All credit to Daboll
    Interesting and short sighted. Daboll career rankings as an OC are terrible until this one season.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
      "Originally posted by chaincrusher

Burrow was in a better position to be named Offensive Rookie of the Year--#1 overall pick, in an offense that throws a lot more, and playing from day 1.

Herbert overcame all of those advantages for Burrow anyway and his dominance would have been even greater if he played from day 1 for the pass happy Bengals as the #1 overall pick with all of the splash plays that Burrow could never dream of making.

This season, Herbert has been spectacular. Burrow has been just a guy."
      :umm:

Burrow was also in a position to get beat up so much more by being so pass happy and putting so much work on a rookie QB. He ended up on IR.
      If Burrow played for Chargers it is likely he would be healthy and OROY and Herbert would likely be on IR with Bengals.
      Credit Lynn for not getting his star rookie QB wrecked and having an OROY season.
      Blame Crusher for strongly recommending to put much more on Herbert plate and get him beat up like Burrow.
      Good job Chain, you crushed you star QB and now have to start Tryod rest of season.
      This is why Lynn is 1000% smarter about football than you could ever dream of being.

You cant just put a big block into a vehicle that canNOT handle the torque and press the pedal to floor, you will wreck!!!!! Like the Bengals did.
      You cant just go out to track without practice in a compromised vehicle and punch it. You will wreck!!! Like the Bengals did.
      You have to be smart and and upgrade the frame and everything else needed to handle that power.
      Until upgrades arrive, you need to play it smart and closer to the vest. And you have to practice at a lower speed and build up confidence.
      And then you can push it. But still need to stay within your abilities and capabilities and adjust if parts fail (injury) and not over do it.
      Lynn 2021

Critty, it is impressive that you can be so incredibly wrong all of the time.

Herbert is better than Burrow. It is that simple. It always was. The Bengals have already won as many games without Burrow as they won with him.

With more passing attempts, Herbert would have done even better. He cannot be put in much more of a worse situation than Lynn already puts him in by all too frequently running on early downs and putting Herbert behind the sticks where defenders can tee off on him.

Passing more, especially on early downs, would actually tend to put Herbert at less risk for injury.

Further, Burrow was sacked zero times in the game in which he was injured. He was not getting blasted and had not been getting blasted for weeks with as much regularity as he had earlier in the season once he figured out that he was, by his own admission, holding the ball too long. Herbert is just better than Burrow in that aspect of his game as he is in many other aspects of his game.

Injuries happen in the NFL and do not necessarily correspond to snaps played or passes attempted. Brady was lost for the season in week 1 in 2008. Rivers has yet to miss a start due to injury in 15 seasons as a starter. 20 QBs have had more snaps than Burrow without being lost for the season.

Your critical thinking is horribly flawed. Just because one QB experiences a bad knee injury does not mean that other QBs are likely to experience the same injury. It is possible, but it is not statistically probable or anywhere close to being statistically probable based upon all snaps played by all QBs.

Simply put, your made up argument is really, really weak.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Herbert is better than Burrow. It is that simple. It always was. The Bengals have already won as many games without Burrow as they won with him.

With more passing attempts, Herbert would have done even better. He cannot be put in much more of a worse situation than Lynn already puts him in by all too frequently running on early downs and putting Herbert behind the sticks where defenders can tee off on him.

Passing more, especially on early downs, would actually tend to put Herbert at less risk for injury.

Further, Burrow was sacked zero times in the game in which he was injured. He was not getting blasted and had not been getting blasted for weeks with as much regularity as he had earlier in the season once he figured out that he was, by his own admission, holding the ball too long. Herbert is just better than Burrow in that aspect of his game as he is in many other aspects of his game.

Injuries happen in the NFL and do not necessarily correspond to snaps played or passes attempted. Brady was lost for the season in week 1 in 2008. Rivers has yet to miss a start due to injury in 15 seasons as a starter. 20 QBs have had more snaps than Burrow without being lost for the season.

Your critical thinking is horribly flawed. Just because one QB experiences a bad knee injury does not mean that other QBs are likely to experience the same injury. It is possible, but it is not statistically probable or anywhere close to being statistically probable based upon all snaps played by all QBs.

Critty's premise starts with Lynn being a good head coach. So naturally everything that flows from that premise will be wrong and flawed.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I buy into the Jim Caldwell idea if we switch coaches.

But I'm questioning Daboll. Allen rookie year was nothing special. Then the following year Ken Dorsey as QB coach arrived and Josh Allen took off. Dorsey was with Panthers and was QB coach for Cam in his MVP season.
          So Dorsey has a legit resume. He also was 2 time NCAA QB of the year.

maybe It's should be Caldwell HC
          Dorsey OC
          And Caldwell old DC Teryl Austin who is on Steelers staff.
          ​​​​​​
          ​​​​​
          New GM too. Telesco will keep his job - he shouldn't

But I do like the staff you put together - both of those Coordinator names

I will say this - I want a new DC for Bradley (and in Poppers chat he thinks its more than likely if Lynn is back, Bradley is fired)

But no matter the coaching staff, the Special TEams needs an overhaul: new coordinator, new Kicker and a couple savvy special team veterans
          After OL --I can think of no area that needs improvement more
          Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 12-29-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont.

Ekeler is better than Singeltary or Moss but those two are a lot better than Ballage and Kelly and as a tandem are better.
            Buffalo as i mentioned before doesnt just have Beasley and Diggs, they also have Gabriel Davis who is better than Johnson and Guyton and Diggs is a lot faster than Keenan.
            Henry is better than their TEs but as a group theirs is better. After Hunter we have UDFAs who havent shown to be starter worthy and their TEs are steady but not spectacular.....and their OL is MUCH better than ours.

I think your opinion is sprinkled with some homerism since you think we should be 13-2. While we should have won more games we shouldnt be 13-2. Things happen and it just isnt a simple as you want it to be.
            I keep seeing Critty say if MW catches the pass in the EZ...which he had to lay out for or if our DBs can catch....well shit, our opponents have doe the same things. If Juedy doesnt have crisco on his hands we probably lose that game.
            Both BUF and us usually play with one RB on the field. Our starter is better, though I do agree that their sub is marginally better than our sub. That is advantage us.

TE is a big advantage for us, probably the biggest at any one position between the two teams. Their top TE has all of 22 receptions. Henry has 60. Seriously, I would take all of our TEs over any of theirs. If it were not for Henry, Parham would be outproducing Knox.

I agree that Diggs is faster, but that has never been where Allen's value is. Allen is better at gaining separation than Diggs. I would choose Williams over Beasley every day of the week and twice on Sunday, but Beasley is having a better statistical season than Williams. Guyton has more receiving yards than Davis. Johnson has made a solid contribution as well, though his stats trail Davis's by some.

As I have stated, their OL is better, but it is not elite. The biggest difference is in run blocking where we average .5 YPC less. That is significant. BUF's OL also allows one sack every 21+ attempts, while ours allows one every 19+ attempts. There is an advantage for BUF, but it is not a gigantic advantage like we have at TE.

Far from being a homer, I think my takes above are pretty realistic.

We would only have to be 12-3 right now to be competing for the first round bye (assuming KC lost to us the first time around). I think the consistent adverse impact of the early down run heavy play calling has been fairly pronounced. That and the poor game clock management have cost this team at least half a dozen games this season. I can point out the momentum shifts in game after game that were caused by the early down run heavy play calling. I have never seen such sustained stupidity by a coaching staff at any level in any sport ever.

There is no reason on earth why we had to lose the games against KC, NO, TB, LV (first game), DEN (first game), MIA and BUF. The same can be said about the unnecessarily close margins in wins against CIN, JAX, LV, DEN, ATL and NYJ. I have mixed feelings about the CAR game. The players were as flat as a pancake and I fault both the players and the coaches for that.

Regarding the Jeudy drop festival, I have already posted about the impact the bad coaching had in Sunday's game. As usual, our stupid approaches turned an easy game into a difficult game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

He didnt get sacked on the play he was injured either. He has been sacked 32 times this season and hasnt played for a few weeks and is still 8th in most times sacked this season. He was getting hit often.
              Herbert is 11th being sacked 29 times. (link below)
              In spite of what you want to say, he has a worse OL than we do for Herbert.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/pla...g-plays-sacked

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He didnt get sacked on the play he was injured either. He has been sacked 32 times this season and hasnt played for a few weeks and is still 8th in most times sacked this season. He was getting hit often.
                Herbert is 11th being sacked 29 times. (link below)
                In spite of what you want to say, he has a worse OL than we do for Herbert.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/pla...g-plays-sacked
                I disagree. Burrow is not as mobile as Herbert and Burrow admitted that he was getting sacked/hit because he held the ball too long. The very next game after that admission began a streak of 5 games in which Burrow averaged being sacked only two times per game despite throwing a lot. Herbert has played 14 games and has been sacked 29 times, which is in line with Burrow's results after he corrected for holding the ball too long.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Both BUF and us usually play with one RB on the field. Our starter is better, though I do agree that their sub is marginally better than our sub. That is advantage us.

TE is a big advantage for us, probably the biggest at any one position between the two teams. Their top TE has all of 22 receptions. Henry has 60. Seriously, I would take all of our TEs over any of theirs. If it were not for Henry, Parham would be outproducing Knox.

I agree that Diggs is faster, but that has never been where Allen's value is. Allen is better at gaining separation than Diggs. I would choose Williams over Beasley every day of the week and twice on Sunday, but Beasley is having a better statistical season than Williams. Guyton has more receiving yards than Davis. Johnson has made a solid contribution as well, though his stats trail Davis's by some.

As I have stated, their OL is better, but it is not elite. The biggest difference is in run blocking where we average .5 YPC less. That is significant. BUF's OL also allows one sack every 21+ attempts, while ours allows one every 19+ attempts. There is an advantage for BUF, but it is not a gigantic advantage like we have at TE.

Far from being a homer, I think my takes above are pretty realistic.

We would only have to be 12-3 right now to be competing for the first round bye (assuming KC lost to us the first time around). I think the consistent adverse impact of the early down run heavy play calling has been fairly pronounced. That and the poor game clock management have cost this team at least half a dozen games this season. I can point out the momentum shifts in game after game that were caused by the early down run heavy play calling. I have never seen such sustained stupidity by a coaching staff at any level in any sport ever.

There is no reason on earth why we had to lose the games against KC, NO, TB, LV (first game), DEN (first game), MIA and BUF. The same can be said about the unnecessarily close margins in wins against CIN, JAX, LV, DEN, ATL and NYJ. I have mixed feelings about the CAR game. The players were as flat as a pancake and I fault both the players and the coaches for that.

Regarding the Jeudy drop festival, I have already posted about the impact the bad coaching had in Sunday's game. As usual, our stupid approaches turned an easy game into a difficult game.
                  Keenan averages 9.9 YPC and Diggs has 120 receptions and 8 TDs.. As much as i love Keenan, Diggs makes more big plays and is a threat going deep. Keenan is a possesion WR and a great one but id at least call that a wash ...at the very least. Its like trading John Jefferson and getting Wes Chandler to replace him.

Ekeler is NOT a cowbell. Advantage Buffalo as a group, as you mentioned this is as a group. Dont start making concessions now.

Again, as a group Henry is much better but Parham and Anderson over their Knox? Parahm has 7 receptions....c'mon man. Obviously they dont use their TEs as much as we do. Some teams dont.
                  Diggs has 120 receptions, Beasley has 82, The rookie Davis has 33 but has 6 TDs and i forgot they also have WR John Brown who is hurt right now. Their WR's are much better than ours as a group.

Beasley was a good weapon but at Dallas but he said they dont like to throw to the slot guy as often...thats on Jason Garrett. Now Beasley is thriving. Teams doing things differently. IMO using all your weapons should be the plan.

Sorry to say again....just seems you are a bit of a homer. Not realistic in this sense at all if you were actually fair in your assessment.

I just think you arent realistic in some of your takes. We should have a few more wins sure but to say would should be 12-3...wel, im sure there are many forums where fans think they should have better records. You are what your record says you are.

Id be ok to Fire this staff and Telesco, but they ned to reassgin JohnBoy as well. He has not helped matters having final say.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I disagree. Burrow is not as mobile as Herbert and Burrow admitted that he was getting sacked/hit because he held the ball too long. The very next game after that admission began a streak of 5 games in which Burrow averaged being sacked only two times per game despite throwing a lot. Herbert has played 14 games and has been sacked 29 times, which is in line with Burrow's results after he corrected for holding the ball too long.
                    Its called developement. Every rookie needs it. Herberts WRs @ Oregon werent great. Tua and Burrows were so they have to get used to smaller seperation windows. I think Burrow will be a very good NFL QB and it dont matter if Herbert is better or not. I only worry about our team winning. And imo its too bad he ended up a Bengal. Elsewhere he will be even better (excluding Detroit & Jets, franchises)

I dont know why this matter so much to you.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Keenan averages 9.9 YPC and Diggs has 120 receptions and 8 TDs.. As much as i love Keenan, Diggs makes more big plays and is a threat going deep. Keenan is a possesion WR and a great one but id at least call that a wash ...at the very least. Its like trading John Jefferson and getting Wes Chandler to replace him.

Ekeler is NOT a cowbell. Advantage Buffalo as a group, as you mentioned this is as a group. Dont start making concessions now.

Again, as a group Henry is much better but Parham and Anderson over their Knox? Parahm has 7 receptions....c'mon man. Obviously they dont use their TEs as much as we do. Some teams dont.
                      Diggs has 120 receptions, Beasley has 82, The rookie Davis has 33 but has 6 TDs and i forgot they also have WR John Brown who is hurt right now. Their WR's are much better than ours as a group.

Beasley was a good weapon but at Dallas but he said they dont like to throw to the slot guy as often...thats on Jason Garrett. Now Beasley is thriving. Teams doing things differently. IMO using all your weapons should be the plan.

Sorry to say again....just seems you are a bit of a homer. Not realistic in this sense at all if you were actually fair in your assessment.

I just think you arent realistic in some of your takes. We should have a few more wins sure but to say would should be 12-3...wel, im sure there are many forums where fans think they should have better records. You are what your record says you are.

Id be ok to Fire this staff and Telesco, but they ned to reassgin JohnBoy as well. He has not helped matters having final say.

saying their WR’s are better as a group while at the same time pointing out how Beasley has thrived under better coaching proves the point Chain and I were trying to make about the Buffalo roster. Are they more talented or just in a system and with coaching that produces better results? If you kept the rosters the same and flipped coaching staffs would the records be the same? I don’t think so

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

DITTO

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

saying their WR’s are better as a group while at the same time pointing out how Beasley has thrived under better coaching proves the point Chain and I were trying to make about the Buffalo roster. Are they more talented or just in a system and with coaching that produces better results? If you kept the rosters the same and flipped coaching staffs would the records be the same? I don’t think so
                          Exactly. I think the change in Buffalo's coaching staff completely changed Josh Allen's trajectory.

Comment

Working...
                          X