• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

You cannot compare the two. Reid had Smith who was a very good veteran QB. Lynn had Taylor who is nothing more than a quality back up in this league.
    Dude. I'm comparing the situation.
    The more talent QB vs the veteran and a HC decision to start the vet over more talented player.

Mahomes went for 300 yds and 4.TDs and no interception on pre season. There were comments about him being one of the 20 most exciting players in league. But Reid plan was to start the veteran.

Lynn didnt even get to see Herbrert in pre season.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
      I don’t know about Lynn and that Pats game is lingering for me. Lynn and the Chargers and all their weaknesses were completely exposed in that game. Meanwhile the Pats look completely average against everyone else.
      You see what everyone else here (outside of a few posters) sees. Belicheat flat out punked Lynn, took his lunch money and took his mom out for a date and Lynn stood around with his dick in his hand wondering WTF just happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Dude. I'm comparing the situation.
        The more talent QB vs the veteran and a HC decision to start the vet over more talented player.

Mahomes went for 300 yds and 4.TDs and no interception on pre season. There were comments about him being one of the 20 most exciting players in league. But Reid plan was to start the veteran.

Lynn didnt even get to see Herbrert in pre season.
        And it is a stupid comparison.

Again, Alex Smith was a three time Pro Bowl QB for KC. The year that Mahomes sat, Smith led the league in QB rating.

You are not getting that while Herbert's amazing physical skills do resemble those of Mahomes, Taylor's skills and accomplishments do not in any way resemble Smith's. In the years leading up to this season, Taylor was benched for Nathan Peterman in 2017, lost his job to Baker Mayfield in 2018 and sat behind Rivers in 2019. By contrast, Smith was a solid to good starting QB with multiple Pro Bowls to his credit while playing for the Chiefs.

The two situations are not similar--at all.

And you continue to emphasize this nonsense about no preseason being meaningful. The head coach gets to see the players in practice. The difference between Herbert and Taylor is huge, easy to see. Herbert is intelligent. There is no reason to think that he somehow would not be ready to go on day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
          I don’t know about Lynn and that Pats game is lingering for me. Lynn and the Chargers and all their weaknesses were completely exposed in that game. Meanwhile the Pats look completely average against everyone else.
          Daboll just clown stomped the Patsies with his game plan tonight. The announcers repeatedly stated that their offense looks like the Chiefs. I will take him as a play calling HC and pair him with an aggressive DC. I do not want to stay with the bend, but don't break, soft cushion defense. I want an attacking, bullying, hard hitting, intimidating pressure defense.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Daboll just clown stomped the Patsies with his game plan tonight. The announcers repeatedly stated that their offense looks like the Chiefs. I will take him as a play calling HC and pair him with an aggressive DC. I do not want to stay with the bend, but don't break, soft cushion defense. I want an attacking, bullying, hard hitting, intimidating pressure defense.
            I’m down. I think it’s safe to assume Gus is gone and I want a glass eater for the next DC.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Game plan my ass. If you can't see the difference between these rosters you are smoking somethings
              :smoking:

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Okay so you going to nitpick my comparison. Good job.
                Really doesn't matter. The comparison is strong. Teams sit rookie QBs all the time. The Dolphins HC sits his QB when situations suits him. Ravens sat Jackson and played Flacco.
                Harbaugh is a winner. Dolphin HC is a good HC. Etc. Did you really need examples. Stop nitpicking Lynn. Herbert is having a great season. Nobody said this would happen for him. Nobody.

​​​​​​

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  Game plan my ass. If you can't see the difference between these rosters you are smoking somethings
                  :smoking:
                  I love Stefan Diggs but other than him there’s not much I want on the Buffalo offense. KC has much more talent on offense than Buffalo but Buffalo is running up the score on some pretty decent defenses. Herbert is close to where Josh Allen is right now and Allen is in year 3.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Bills rookie WR Gabriel Davis is going to be a real good one and Beasley is a good slot WR.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Bills rookie WR Gabriel Davis is going to be a real good one and Beasley is a good slot WR.
                      Yes Beasley is good. We’ve got a nice WR group too and a better TE.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I would love Daboll as a consolation prize to my guy JMcD
                        lots of good experience, especially working with qbs and the passing game.
                        and yes the D should be aggressive because while you may give up chunk yards, lots of FGs and perhaps a few quick scores, you gain turnovers, giving Herbert another possession
                        even the downside (chunk yards/quick scores) will either give it right back to Herbert or at worst, not tire a defense
                        I know I’m in the minority with my vision for defense but imo a defense that fits a high powered offense is an aggressive defense that will force turnovers at a high rate by sacrificing yards and field goals. So redzone defense has to be the focus
                        big athletic DBs to cover big WRs/TEs
                        big Dlinemen to make goaline stops and beat up an opponents Oline. NOT emphasizing speed at DE, I know that sounds crazy, but we need contain more than pure speed ala Ingram/Miller types.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Hey pal you should have seen Norv Turner when he was the Dallas Cowboys OC back in the day! Probably one of the greatest OC of all time. The problem is when you are a HC you have so much more to worry about than being a OC... To hire a great OC and believe you are getting a great HC is sort of like Fools Gold thinking, it does happen but not that much and to keep trying this to me would be a big mistake. We've tried this and it's never worked out. The bills have a decent OC, for us to go to the same team again and hire their OC AGAIN could be a recipe for more long time suffering for us Chargers fans. Why take that chance? Do you really want all the Chargers Haters to rant that we again took the OC of the Bills and it didn't work out.

Hate to say it but what the Chiefs did with their young great QB and tried and proven HC worked out perfect. You hire the HC that has been their before and someone who knows how to win these games and marry that with Herbert, period.

Comment

Working...
                          X