• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Herbert should make this a pretty desirable job for prospective coaches. The flip side is that the Spanos’ don’t have a stellar reputation as owners.

But that said, if I’m a hot shot coaching prospect, getting a stud QB going into his second year is better than most of the other jobs. Arguably, having Lawrence or Fields is up there, but I personally think you have to look at the Chargers as having the better roster and Herbert as the guy who proved he’s NFL ready.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Don’t give us false hope Glazer!

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Critty, it is a joke that you are citing college stats as proof of anything. Anyone could see that Burrow was shooting fish in a barrel in his final season at LSU. There were lots of floated throws to very wide open receivers. Anyone should have been able to figure out that Burrow was not going to be able to make those same throws effectively in the NFL.

Also, nobody is saying that Burrow literally cannot throw the ball 20+ yards in the air. He can complete some of those passes. My point is that due to his limited arm strength, I expected him (and said so before the season began) to struggle in that area versus the average NFL QB and he clearly did struggle.

I think that issue also affected his TD% where he is currently ranked 30th.

You left out Burrow's long pass stats in his final two games against PIT and WAS. Gee, I can't imagine why you would have done that. (Sarcasm.)

0-7 on long pass attempts versus the Jags! LMAO!!!
        College PFF stats shows the unreal growth that Herbert has had under this current coaching staff versus just last season while at Oregon. There is certainly a very good reason why Herbert was one of the more polarizing QBs to come out of the draft in recent memory. He would occasionally make wow throws, but he would also miss on plenty of throws and miss reads as well. Herbert was definitely not a finished product coming out of college and he still has some ways to go to reach elite, but it should be undeniable about the overall impact this coaching staff has had in his early development. This current coaching staff has not been perfect, few if any has been, but they have done some very nice things to build upon for sure.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That is true - I took it that he thinks Lynn might be gone but reasons he might be kept, same old same: well respected in the building, too many injuries.

Glazer reported that Lynn meets tomorrow and the expectation is Lynn will be fired

To me, its Mark Jackson with the WArriors. He took them from one playoff in 17 years, through the Curry Klay Green building process, two playoffs but they saw he maybe had reached his peak. Kerr took over, granted those players were also in peak years and 5 years in a row for the title

Lynn took the team from LA, good in the community, well respected in the building - year 2 - they won a lot of close games with Rivers, James, Bosa, Allen, Mike Williams - a lot of close games. But the last two years - lost too many close games and his coaching deficiencies are showing up. And looking ahead, they probably will stillb e there
          Glazer is pretty good when he predicts something like that.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Glazer is pretty good when he predicts something like that.

He doesn't tweet as much as Rappaport or Shefter, but is usually spot on.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              I hope they fire Lynn, just so fleet and crew can clean up all these fire Lynn threads, and we can talk about something else....
              From your lips to the ears of the gods.
              20 fucking threads talking about coaching of which 97% of the posters have no fucking clue. X & O’s bs but none of us can know what truly matters.
              Organizational skills, time management, delegation/follow-up skills, accountability mantra, talent judgement, in game management skills, and foundational cornerstones.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                College PFF stats shows the unreal growth that Herbert has had under this current coaching staff versus just last season while at Oregon. There is certainly a very good reason why Herbert was one of the more polarizing QBs to come out of the draft in recent memory. He would occasionally make wow throws, but he would also miss on plenty of throws and miss reads as well. Herbert was definitely not a finished product coming out of college and he still has some ways to go to reach elite, but it should be undeniable about the overall impact this coaching staff has had in his early development. This current coaching staff has not been perfect, few if any has been, but they have done some very nice things to build upon for sure.
                Excellent post. I concur!

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

From your lips to the ears of the gods.
                  20 fucking threads talking about coaching of which 97% of the posters have no fucking clue. X & O’s bs but none of us can know what truly matters.
                  Organizational skills, time management, delegation/follow-up skills, accountability mantra, talent judgement, in game management skills, and foundational cornerstones.
                  I actually really like Lynn but he hasn't shown to be ready to be a HC. Not a fan of Steichen and I think Pep..... Not Steichen or Lynn is doing the most coaching up with Herbert.
                  I didn't like the Whis firing just to fit his run more agenda with a not in football shape Gordon.
                  ​​​​​
                  We have had some bad luck but seems we always do.
                  Spanos has got to get legit HC who knows Wtf he is doing.(since it seems it isn't TTs call)

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I actually really like Lynn but he hasn't shown to be ready to be a HC. Not a fan of Steichen and I think Pep..... Not Steichen or Lynn is doing the most coaching up with Herbert.
                    I didn't like the Whis firing just to fit his run more agenda with a not in football shape Gordon.
                    ​​​​​
                    We have had some bad luck but seems we always do.
                    Spanos has got to get legit HC who knows Wtf he is doing.(since it seems it isn't TTs call)
                    I like AL too but he has developmental areas that he needs to be coached up on.
                    I just simply hate all the coaching threads. Posters talking out their asses, in depth, about coaches they read 2 articles about.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I like AL too but he has developmental areas that he needs to be coached up on.
                      I just simply hate all the coaching threads. Posters talking out their asses, in depth, about coaches they read 2 articles about.
                      Lol, yes,....
                      I don't have strong opinions on HCs. Just a few I'd be ok with but just not into quitters like Urban who blames it on his health.

He just seems a sore loser which contributes to his health but if losing gives him ulcers,. Etc, He won't do well here and I just see him quitting again. No NFL team is going 16-0 or 15-1 every year like they do in college...which I know is actually 12-0,12-1

For me it isn't about his coaching ability. Whoever they choose I'll support but I do expect the cheap hire.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, yes,....
                        I don't have strong opinions on HCs. Just a few I'd be ok with but just not into quitters like Urban who blames it on his health.

He just seems a sore loser which contributes to his health but if losing gives him ulcers,. Etc, He won't do well here and I just see him quitting again.

For me it isn't about his coaching ability. Whoever they choose I'll support but I do expect the cheap hire.
                        If you think Meyers health problems are an excuse, you are nuts - no offense intended!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If you think Meyers health problems are an excuse, you are nuts - no offense intended!
                          I know he has them, but wasn't it said that he is high stress kind of guy and losing makes him more stressed and flares it up?

​​​​​​I just dont trust him to stay like Saban didn't. I think the college game is more suited for him and Saban.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2021, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X