• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

I'm really displeased with all these blown games but I don't blame Lynn for it. I blame Gus.

I'm with Critty, I believe Lynn is a good HC and I hope they give him another year. I recall the years when the players didn't believe in the HC and they simply didn't play all out and I don't see that with Lynn.

I also recall the years when we (the fans) were hoping for a change at HC and got it and ended up wishing it hadn't happened.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I'm really displeased with all these blown games but I don't blame Lynn for it. I blame Gus.

I'm with Critty, I believe Lynn is a good HC and I hope they give him another year. I recall the years when the players didn't believe in the HC and they simply didn't play all out and I don't see that with Lynn.

I also recall the years when we (the fans) were hoping for a change at HC and got it and ended up wishing it hadn't happened.
      True but Lynn is the chief. Do what needs to be done. He got rid of Whiz, he can get rid of Gus instead of setting NFL records for blowing leads and having it happen for two seasons,..... while not winning a division game since 2018.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True but Lynn is the chief. Do what needs to be done. He got rid of Whiz, he can get rid of Gus instead of setting NFL records for blowing leads and having it happen for two seasons,..... while not winning a division game since 2018.
        True but I'm not exactly certain that I'm right in blaming Gus after seeing what Casey said. -

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• AZBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Well, our DB's sure dont go all out......their always shying away from making tackles which is hurting performance, and watching the pathetic effort on Lindsey's run was concerning.

That being said, I am OK with giving Lynn the rest of year, but Bradley has to go now! His scheme sucks, this cover 3 shit, the conservative approach, no aggression, no mixng in safety or corner bitzes.they just set an NFL record for blowing leads, their is predominant evidence to fire this clueless DC.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Lynn is perfectly fine with the product Gus is giving him. You should be too.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

"Chargers mixing up the defense with little success – Orange County Register" https://www.ocregister.com/2020/10/2...e-success/amp/

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                "Chargers mixing up the defense with little success – Orange County Register" https://www.ocregister.com/2020/10/2...e-success/amp/
                So "mixing it up" is rushing 3 and using 8 to not cover anyone or rushing 4 and using 7 to not cover anyone.

We can agree on the little success part, again Lynn is fine with this, he gets cranky a bit after a loss but during the game he just mills around on the sidelines looking lost.

Comment

• PR#1
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

The buck stops with Lynn

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

So "mixing it up" is rushing 3 and using 8 to not cover anyone or rushing 4 and using 7 to not cover anyone.

We can agree on the little success part, again Lynn is fine with this, he gets cranky a bit after a loss but during the game he just mills around on the sidelines looking lost.
                    You should read the article about Colts transition to Seattle style defense this year. Going from tampa cover 2 to cover 3 and single high with coverage matching. Talks about how the personel and talent matters to actually do it well and that the learning curve ends up with busted assignments at times but once they get confident and comfortable then things start to click.

I think it's always this way. Talent. Experience. Confidence. And then good things happen. Adderley is getting experience, Murray is getting experience. Talent like Harris and James in the secondary are missing.

​​​​​​I would expect improvement when experience and health improve the defense will. But they have to make game winning FG when they have chance. They have to make that 4th down play without a pass interference and win the game.

And they have to make sure if they have deep third then lock it down. If they have the B gap, don't fill the C gap and allow a big play. Execution is paramount no matter what defense scheme is played.

Again I'm sympathetic because I know what it's like to lose my best players and go from kicking butt to struggling. And there was no play I could call to make my back up faster and more skilled and harder to defend. My mismatches went away. And I had to try and milk the clock. And shorten the game to keep it close so we had a chance to win. But even then it only worked against bad teams or average teams. I could not keep up with the good teams who's talent was healthy and on the field. The matchup was in their favor. But then one the better teams player got hurt and it level the game out because my back up was better than their back up. And I had an advantage again.

The secondary absolutely needs Harris and James on the field to be great.

Fire Gus. Fire Lynn. It won't change anything this year.

And if next year coach has James and Harris healthy. As well as a more experienced and better Murray, Adderley and hopefully Tillery. And possibly a free agent addition or draft d addition. It won't be a fair comparison to Gus. It won't be the same defense personel on the field with same level of experience. Things are fluid. Each season, each game, each quarter, each play is it's own thing.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                      The buck stops with Lynn
                      That's it in a nutshell, isn't it?

It doesn't even matter if Lynn is truly at fault, or the players, or the refs, or a perfect storm of injuries and bad luck...if this season doesn't end on a good run, there is a losing aura about the team that sometimes can only be fixed by change. 2 straight seasons of ridiculous losing, and you maintain the status quo? That sends a message of no accountablility. You can lose and keep your job?...it just won't wash.

The only way I see Lynn keeping his job without us making the playoffs, is if we finish really strong...say 4 or 5 of the last 6 games in the win column. The only way Gus should be allowed to stay is if we win 7 or 8 more games, and never blow another 2 score lead. JMO
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You should read the article about Colts transition to Seattle style defense this year. Going from tampa cover 2 to cover 3 and single high with coverage matching. Talks about how the personel and talent matters to actually do it well and that the learning curve ends up with busted assignments at times but once they get confident and comfortable then things start to click.

I think it's always this way. Talent. Experience. Confidence. And then good things happen. Adderley is getting experience, Murray is getting experience. Talent like Harris and James in the secondary are missing.

​​​​​​I would expect improvement when experience and health improve the defense will. But they have to make game winning FG when they have chance. They have to make that 4th down play without a pass interference and win the game.

And they have to make sure if they have deep third then lock it down. If they have the B gap, don't fill the C gap and allow a big play. Execution is paramount no matter what defense scheme is played.

Again I'm sympathetic because I know what it's like to lose my best players and go from kicking butt to struggling. And there was no play I could call to make my back up faster and more skilled and harder to defend. My mismatches went away. And I had to try and milk the clock. And shorten the game to keep it close so we had a chance to win. But even then it only worked against bad teams or average teams. I could not keep up with the good teams who's talent was healthy and on the field. The matchup was in their favor. But then one the better teams player got hurt and it level the game out because my back up was better than their back up. And I had an advantage again.

The secondary absolutely needs Harris and James on the field to be great.

Fire Gus. Fire Lynn. It won't change anything this year.

And if next year coach has James and Harris healthy. As well as a more experienced and better Murray, Adderley and hopefully Tillery. And possibly a free agent addition or draft d addition. It won't be a fair comparison to Gus. It won't be the same defense personel on the field with same level of experience. Things are fluid. Each season, each game, each quarter, each play is it's own thing.
                        great post

pity it will get ignored here

Comment

• SBbound
                          Casual fanatic
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Merced/San Diego
                          • Send PM

Some coaches have "it" some don't. Lynn doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                          X