• Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

IF, IF IF..

IF Lynn were a better HC, we would be better.
    IF we had drafted OL the first two picks the past 3 seasons, Rivers would still be here, Gordon would be a stud and still be here and scoring 40 points a game.
    IF we hired Rex Ryan, instead of Gus our defense is most likely a lot better.
    IF Spanos didnt own this team, they may still be in SD.
    IF the coaching didnt suck ass then we wouldnt be saying IF to these scenarios i bolded above.
    IF Gus makes adjustments like every other DC does, we dont need to talk about a pitch here, a missed FG there.
    IF the Holy Roller didnt happen, we win that game.
    IF it werent -25 degrees in Cinci in the AFCCG, we prpobably in that game.
    IF Another team had moved to Las Vegas other than the Raiders, id probably be rooting for two teams and eventually go with the new one since Spanos is still the owner of this one.
    That is a lot of Dam IF's but I disagree Gordon would be a stud he doesn't have the greatest vision and Ekler had a higher average per carry behind the same crappy line

Other than that all your IF's are legit

The one thing which isn't mentioned and is a big IF, is IF Derwin James was healthy I can't help to think he doesn't make a few game changing plays such as a sack, key tackle, pass defense, or an INT, or good coverage in these crucial defensive melt downs Derwin's talent is enough to overcome Bradley and this coaching staff inept play calling. The one season we made the playoffs we were 12-4 and one a playoff game was Derwin's rookie year where he played the whole season.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

People can play the what if game all they want, but in the end the old Parcell saying is just as true today as when he first said it: you are what your record says you are. We are a last place team. We were a last place team last season too. We have lost 8 straight division games. We have lost 14 of 17 one score games. We have blown 5 double digit leads this season and lost 4 of those games. Those are the facts that Lynn should be judged by.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So forgive me for forcing the issue, I see you’re defending your position against multiple Lynn critics so no pressure, but theoretically, if we continue to lose 1 score games at the rate we are, you would be in favor of keeping lynn indefinitely so long as
        1. players appear (subjectivity) motivated and responsive to Lynn
        and
        2. the game plan is good enough to put us in position to win.

I think it’s appropriate to make this scenario hypothetical because my sense is that even you would be in favor of moving on if we go 5-11 for the next 5 years even if we saw 1&2 consistently

So in your opinion is it possible to be a great coach while averaging 5 wins a season?
        and if so, is there any way you can justify moving on from a “great coach” who simply hasn’t won.
        Obviously there has to be shelf life on how long to remain patient. And I doubt players would remain interested if the losing continued to pile up. The clock is ticking on Lynn. Since Herbert is developing that gives me pause to pull the plug and start over.

And then there is this below to show that sometimes a good HC needs better players and a better organization to get things done.

Belichek 1st 6 seasons as an HC Browns/Patriots
        only one winning season and one playoff win.
        Record 41-55 With 31 one score losses.

So.....you know. Lynn has 28-27 record with 2 winning seasons and 1 playoff win. And he is a long way away from finishing his 6th season as an HC. But he undoubtedly is having a much better start to his HC career than the dude in New England had. And let's not act like Chargers are a championship franchise that is used to trophies. They abandoned half their fans to go to LA who didn't even want them. So Lynn's 28-27 record is all road games. At least Belichek had home field with the dawgpound.

What Im telling you is Lynn is a better HC than Belichek.
        Brady carried him. Viniteri carried him. Two of the most clutch players in league history. Talent matters. When have the Chargers ever had a clutch kicker. Our kickers punked Marty and Norv from beating the Jets.

The biggest issue over the years for Chargers is not on the sidelines....it's in the front office.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

These IFs of yours are all guesses and assumptions.

If Badgely makes the kick that is a win.
          If Facyson makes that play, that is a win.
          If Ekeler catches the pitch, that is a win.

Its a very different type of if.

your IF
          IF Lynn were better, we would be better, okay....but they can still miss kicks. A better HC doesn't make a kicker make kicks.
          You can claim that a better HC doesn't have us in a position where a single kick is the difference. Well...... Reid and Payton beat Lynn by a kick. They are much better HC than Lynn, right? so why did they end up down to needing a kicker make it to win the damn game. BTW The very next game that same KC kicker misses an extra point and a FG.

LMAO...so are yours because they didnt happen....neither did the IFs i posted. Theres no difference between the two except you keep making up excuses for Lynn. Why didnt you defend McCoy like this? Same type of loses. We played great for three quarters as he once said lol.

We know it starts at the top....the front office as you said, and that front office starts with the owner and his Sons.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

What Im telling you is Lynn is a better HC than Belichek.
            This might be, no is, the most ridiculous thing ever posted here.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

That is a lot of Dam IF's but I disagree Gordon would be a stud he doesn't have the greatest vision and Ekler had a higher average per carry behind the same crappy line

Other than that all your IF's are legit

The one thing which isn't mentioned and is a big IF, is IF Derwin James was healthy I can't help to think he doesn't make a few game changing plays such as a sack, key tackle, pass defense, or an INT, or good coverage in these crucial defensive melt downs Derwin's talent is enough to overcome Bradley and this coaching staff inept play calling. The one season we made the playoffs we were 12-4 and one a playoff game was Derwin's rookie year where he played the whole season.
              Then let me ask you how good Ezekiel Elliot looks right now without his #1 OL. Looking good to you? Theres been talk of Dallas maybe trading him. I think if we had that OL with Gordon he would be killing it. You dont need great vision when there are huge holes to run through. His vision would be good enough for that.

I was always down on his inability to juke people in the open field.

Having Derwin back would always help but he is one guy of 11. Just like some are saying when Bosa went out, the entire defense went to hell. I call BS. Bosa was in on that 55 yard run. He cant be everywhere.
              Derwin didnt make much of a difference by himself last season when he came back. However i bet he would of had the WR covered on that last play TD pass where The scrub we had in hesitated and left enough room for him to be open.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

LMAO...so are yours because they didnt happen....neither did the IFs i posted. Theres no difference between the two except you keep making up excuses for Lynn.

We know it starts at the top....the front office as you said, and that front office starts with the owner and his Sons.
                There is a big difference when one a has a clear and definitive effect and the other is projection.

​​​​​​But we can disagree here. I'm okay with my reasons/excuses.
                and it's fine if you LOL at all of them. No worries.

Clearly I'm out on a limb that doesn't look like it's going to hold up ........we all just have to wait and see how it plays out.

​I'll either be eating crow with egg on my face. Or I will get the bragging rights and the last laugh.

9 games to go.
                ......and possibly all of 2021 too.
                :freakout:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This might be, no is, the most ridiculous thing ever posted here.
                  Agree....who has a winning record as a Browns HC? Well you have to go back to their first 3 HCs EVER....way back to 1946 thru 1974.
                  Then Marty showed up the the mid 80's. And that is IT........EVER.

Bellichick benched Kosar after that first year and id guess because Kosar was aparty animal and alledgely was a coke head so BB had to make rash decisions. Kosar wasnt that great anyways.
                  He had Tomzak that one season and then Testaverde after that....and he wasnt the GM for them either but did make them a playoff team.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Then let me ask you how good Ezekiel Elliot looks right now without his #1 OL. Looking good to you? Theres been talk of Dallas maybe trading him. I think if we had that OL with Gordon he would be killing it. You dont need great vision when there are huge holes to run through. His vision would be good enough for that.

I was always down on his inability to juke people in the open field.

Having Derwin back would always help but he is one guy of 11. Just like some are saying when Bosa went out, the entire defense went to hell. I call BS. Bosa was in on that 55 yard run. He cant be everywhere.
                    Derwin didnt make much of a difference by himself last season when he came back. However i bet he would of had the WR covered on that last play TD pass where The scrub we had in hesitated and left enough room for him to be open.
                    I think you validated my point Ekeler had a better yard per average than Gordon behind the same crappy Chargers o-line, so if you insert Ekeler with the oline Dallas had when Zeke was killing it you would find the same results Ekeler off been killing it also and would have the better average than Gordon behind the healthy Dallas O-line

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

I think you validated my point Ekeler had a better yard per average than Gordon behind the same crappy Chargers o-line, so if you insert Ekeler with the oline Dallas had when Zeke was killing it you would find the same results Ekeler off been killing it also and would have the better average than Gordon behind the healthy Dallas O-line
                      Ekeler wasnt the every down RB so he got garbage time carries which are usually more open for holes. Sproles had a better YPC than LT before as well but he got carries to end halfs like draw plays that went for 20 yard gains but had no bearing on anything but to end a half.

Stats can be very misleading. Gordon breaks more tackles than Ekeler does and so does Elliot so im not buying that.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Agree....who has a winning record as a Browns HC? Well you have to go back to their first 3 HCs EVER....way back to the 60s and 70's. Then Marty showed up the the mid 80's. And that is IT........EVER.

Bellichick benched Kosar after that first year and id guess because Kosar was aparty animal and alledgely was a coke head so BB had to make rash decisions. Kosar wasnt that great anyways.
                        He had Tomzak that one season and then Testaverde after that....and he wasnt the GM for them either but did make them a playoff team.
                        Are your reasons for Belichek failing with Browns excuses?

They were 12-19-1 in the 2 season before he arrived at Browns. He went 13-19 over his 1st two years. So he didn't move the needle at all.

Record the year before Belichek arrived with Patriots 8-8 Pete Carroll coached. (Pete Carroll was also 9-7 and 10-6 the two seasons before)
                        Taking over the Pete Carroll coached team. Belichek goes 5-11. He made them worse.

But Brady arrived the next year, and he played not because Belichek knew to start him over the veteran QB, but because he was forced to do it by injury.
                        If you take away Brady, Belichek even in New England does not have a winning record overall.
                        He was 5-11 before Brady. 11-5 with Cassel when Brady was out all year and now 2-5 this year. That is 18-21. He is overrated until he proves he can do it consistently without Brady.

And I am still out on the limb with Lynn. He is underrated. Of course that is just my opinion.
                        But if Lynn was fired today.... He would have a winning record as HC of Chargers and .500 record in playoffs and its a short list of Charger HCs in all of Charger history that did that.

And if you are what your record says you are. Lynn is 28-27 as a Charger HC . = Winner.
                        Chargers total record without Lynn as HC 426-431. = Loser.

Stats are funny. You can spin them to make a point. But the stat itself is a fact. Above .500 is Lynn. Below .500 is the Charger Franchise.

:coffee:

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Are your reasons for Belichek failing with Browns excuses?

They were 12-19-1 in the 2 season before he arrived at Browns. He went 13-19 over his 1st two years. So he didn't move the needle at all.

Record the year before Belichek arrived with Patriots 8-8 Pete Carroll coached. (Pete Carroll was also 9-7 and 10-6 the two seasons before)
                          Taking over the Pete Carroll coached team. Belichek goes 5-11. He made them worse.

But Brady arrived the next year, and he played not because Belichek knew to start him over the veteran QB, but because he was forced to do it by injury.
                          If you take away Brady, Belichek even in New England does not have a winning record overall.
                          He was 5-11 before Brady. 11-5 with Cassel when Brady was out all year and now 2-5 this year. That is 18-21. He is overrated until he proves he can do it consistently without Brady.

And I am still out on the limb with Lynn. He is underrated. Of course that is just my opinion.
                          But if Lynn was fired today.... He would have a winning record as HC of Chargers and .500 record in playoffs and its a short list of Charger HCs in all of Charger history that did that.

And if you are what your record says you are. Lynn is 28-27 as a Charger HC . = Winner.
                          Chargers total record without Lynn as HC 426-431. = Loser.

Stats are funny. You can spin them to make a point. But the stat itself is a fact. Above .500 is Lynn. Below .500 is the Charger Franchise.

:coffee:
                          stats can be spun many ways..... but then when we actually open our eyes and look at why we won or lost games, we will see that the Chargers have been making tons of undisciplined errors for years...... and breaking the NFL record for giving up huge leads has to lead to someone getting fired..... players play hard for lyn but gus's scheme has proven it does not work ..... does not stop the deep ball or running game..... plain and simple...... keep Lynn and fire Gus.....

Comment

Working...
                          X