• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Is Hayward just being nice. When asked about his confidence in Bradley, he said for sure that is his guy.
    The players keep talking about execution.
    There are even comments like it was the same stuff that got the big lead. The bronco didn't do anything special. It was the same defense vs the same offense. They just didn't execute.

BTW Hayward was not in on final few plays because he got dinged. Neither was Bosa. So the only real difference was the 4th quarter defense was not the same line up of players as it was earlier in game. Not an excuse but it is part of that games story of what happened.

How does any HC take advantage of matchups.....by getting the more talent player vs the less talented player......the talent is the reason for the mismatch to be exploited, but then that talent is no longer on the field, so that mismatch goes away.
    Football is a game of talent, execution, health and attrition. Xs and Os smoke and mirrors can only do so much to account for the most talented players being sideline with injury. Xs and Os are useless if assignments and alignments are blown because of flawed execution. And when you get the matchups you have to take advantage and make the play.

​​​They got the mismatch with Mike Williams in the end zone. That is exactly what they want. But the execution wasn't there. And it was a turnover in redzone and those are very impactful mistakes. Why call anything different the next time it sets up that way. Just make a better throw and catch. That is the change. That is only the players that can do that part. That is why they get paid to make plays on the field.

I know I'm the lone wolf. But I'm sticking with Lynn. He won't make any excuses. I think he is teaching the right way to do things. And I think it will pay off big time because the process is correct. He knows Its all about the talent, preparation, fundamentals and execution.

​​​​
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Kyle Shanahan was 10-22 his first two seasons and lost 9 of those games by one score.
      ​​​
      Sean Payton from 2014-2016 went 7-9, 7-9, 7-9 and lost 15 one score games over those 3 seasons.

If you spin it and say combine those 5 season from Kyle and Sean and you have a record of 31-49 with a combined 24 losses by one score.
      ​​​​​​
      Tomlin of Steelers were 8-8 last year with 5 losses by one score.

There are peaks and valleys sometimes and all coaches can find themselves at the wrong end of close games in certain seasons. And during bad seasons, they pile up.

​​Even some of the consensus better HCs can drop a lot of close games. If that has now become a TPB fact that losing too many close games equals horrible HC, then Payton was horrible from 2014-2016. And Kyle was terrible in 2017, 2018
      ​​​And Tomlin was awful last year. And Kyle and Payton should have been fired. Because it was a multiple year problem for them.

And if it's about blowing double digit lead. Kyle did that twice in the Superbowl once as OC and once as HC.
      Awesome but Shanahan never went 12-4 and then they sucked. He inherited a bad team and yes they sucked in 2018 after winning 5 straight in 2017 after acquiring Garrapalo, ...but they lost Garrapaolo early in the 2018 season and Mullins who was a rookie QB and Beathard were the QBs. Then went on to have their SB season when Garrapalo was healthy.

Id rather have Tyrod over those two.

Payton inherited a below 500 team as well the past 5 years before he was hired. He has had only 4 losing seasons in 14 years and when say losing seasons,....they were 7-9 at worst.

Tomlin has won superbowls :facepalm1:

Lynn is taking this team backwards instead of forward. Very Norv-eske.....however it is spelled.

Blamed the holder for the kicker having issues, blamed Rivers , blamed Whiz for his playcalling that got them to 12-4, Keeps Stewart who is the worst STs coach in the league and stats back that up. Id expect Gus to be his next move but he has to look in the mirror at some point.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Awesome but Shanahan never went 12-4 and then they sucked. He inherited a bad team and yes they sucked in 2018 after winning 5 straight in 2017 after acquiring Garrapalo, ...but they lost Garrapaolo early in the season and Mullins who was a rookie QB and Beathard were the QBs. Then went on to have their SB season when he was healthy.

Id rather have Tyrod over those two.

Payton inherited a below 500 team as well the past 5 years before he was hired. He has had only 4 losing seasons in 14 years and when say losing seasons,....they were 7-9 at worst.

Tomlin has won superbowls lol. Really?

Lynn is taking this team backwards instead of forward. Very Norv-eske.....however it is spelled.

Blamed the holder for the kicker having issues, blamed Rivers , blamed Whiz for his playcalling that got them to 12-4, Keeps Stewart who is the worst STs coach in the league and stats back that up. Id expect Gus to be his next move but he has to look in the mirror at some point.
        Or.....they begin to make one more play and wins these damn games with 9 left to go...... I would expect them to continue to be right there since the game plans have put them in a position to win each and every game. The process looks correct to me. The results are not quite there yet. Herbert looks great. The line is playing better than anyone expected. A lot of rookie and udfa on field being competitive. If Badgely make a FG, Ekeler catches the pitch, and Facyson doesn't get that PI flag or Williams catches ball in end zone. Then this is a 5-2 team and the coaches didn't do anything different at all. The players just made 3 plays. So they seem very close to me and it seems more about player execution over coaches play calling and game plan.

9 games to go. Somethings got to give.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Or.....they begin to make one more play and wins these damn games with 9 left to go...... I would expect them to continue to be right there since the game plans have put them in a position to win each and every game. The process looks correct to me. The results are not quite there yet. Herbert looks great. The line is playing better than anyone expected. A lot of rookie and udfa on field being competitive. If Badgely make a FG, Ekeler catches the pitch, and Facyson doesn't get that PI flag or Williams catches ball in end zone. Then this is a 5-2 team and the coaches didn't do anything different at all. The players just made 3 plays. So they seem very close to me and it seems more about player execution over coaches play calling and game plan.

The games never should have been in a position where those missed plays were needed.

Everyone can point that out to you until they are blue in the face and yet you keep ignoring it as if the huge leads never existed, as if we never took our foot off of the gas pedal by going conservative on drives and routinely costing us points scored, as if we never played soft zone coverages with zero or next to zero blitzes ever, as if we never failed to manage the clock properly as we fail to do in virtually every game, as if we never failed to make decent second half adjustments that we always fail to make, et cetera.

These kinds of mistakes are coaching mistakes that have hurt us badly in every single loss this year.

I agree that something needs to give. Lynn and Bradley need to be fired.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Is Hayward just being nice. When asked about his confidence in Bradley, he said for sure that is his guy.
            The players keep talking about execution.
            There are even comments like it was the same stuff that got the big lead. The bronco didn't do anything special. It was the same defense vs the same offense. They just didn't execute.

BTW Hayward was not in on final few plays because he got dinged. Neither was Bosa. So the only real difference was the 4th quarter defense was not the same line up of players as it was earlier in game. Not an excuse but it is part of that games story of what happened.

How does any HC take advantage of matchups.....by getting the more talent player vs the less talented player......the talent is the reason for the mismatch to be exploited, but then that talent is no longer on the field, so that mismatch goes away.
            Football is a game of talent, execution, health and attrition. Xs and Os smoke and mirrors can only do so much to account for the most talented players being sideline with injury. Xs and Os are useless if assignments and alignments are blown because of flawed execution. And when you get the matchups you have to take advantage and make the play.

​​​They got the mismatch with Mike Williams in the end zone. That is exactly what they want. But the execution wasn't there. And it was a turnover in redzone and those are very impactful mistakes. Why call anything different the next time it sets up that way. Just make a better throw and catch. That is the change. That is only the players that can do that part. That is why they get paid to make plays on the field.

I know I'm the lone wolf. But I'm sticking with Lynn. He won't make any excuses. I think he is teaching the right way to do things. And I think it will pay off big time because the process is correct. He knows Its all about the talent, preparation, fundamentals and execution.

​​​​
            I’m not with you but you’re definitely not alone and I think I can confidently say that all of us who would like to move on from Lynn would love to be wrong because the logistics of starting a new regime with a new approach and philosophy are bound to include a few steps back before forward
            much easier if we can just win superbowl with Lynn now haha
            I don’t disagree with most of what you’re saying, but my question becomes, are you convinced Lynn that can make us competitive for a championship within Herbert’s rookie contract?
            Would you extend Lynn now and how many years?
            at what earliest point do you decide to move on?
            I don’t expect results to be the issue because apparently that doesn’t have much to do with good coaching right? And why move on from a good coach just because the players aren’t executed or staying healthy, right?
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

IF, IF IF..

IF Lynn were a better HC, we would be better.
              IF we had drafted OL the first two picks the past 3 seasons, Rivers would still be here, Gordon would be a stud and still be here and scoring 40 points a game.
              IF we hired Rex Ryan, instead of Gus our defense is most likely a lot better.
              IF Spanos didnt own this team, they may still be in SD.
              IF the coaching didnt suck ass then we wouldnt be saying IF to these scenarios i bolded above.
              IF Gus makes adjustments like every other DC does, we dont need to talk about a pitch here, a missed FG there.
              IF the Holy Roller didnt happen, we win that game.
              IF it werent -25 degrees in Cinci in the AFCCG, we prpobably in that game.
              IF Another team had moved to Las Vegas other than the Raiders, id probably be rooting for two teams and eventually go with the new one since Spanos is still the owner of this one.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

IF, IF IF..

IF we had drafted OL the first two picks the past 3 seasons, Rivers would still be here, Gordon would be a stud and still be here and scoring 40 points a game.
                IF the coaching didnt suck ass then we wouldnt be saying IF to these scenarios i bolded above.
                IF Gus makes adjustments like every other DC does, we dont need to talk about a pitch here, a missed FG there.
                IF Another team had moved to Las Vegas other than the Raiders, id probably be rooting for two teams and eventually go with the new one since Spanos is still the owner of this one.
                Agreed. Can't go with "IF". You are what your record says you are. & Right now, we are Bad.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I’m not with you but you’re definitely not alone and I think I can confidently say that all of us who would like to move on from Lynn would love to be wrong because the logistics of starting a new regime with a new approach and philosophy are bound to include a few steps back before forward
                  much easier if we can just win superbowl with Lynn now haha
                  I don’t disagree with most of what you’re saying, but my question becomes, are you convinced Lynn that can make us competitive for a championship within Herbert’s rookie contract?
                  Would you extend Lynn now and how many years?
                  at what earliest point do you decide to move on?
                  I don’t expect results to be the issue because apparently that doesn’t have much to do with good coaching right? And why move on from a good coach just because the players aren’t executed or staying healthy, right?
                  Well. Time is a great healer and patience is a virtue. No substitute for hard work and perseverance. Cliches ..yes. But very true in how life works and sports work. And if that is with Lynn or the next HC. They need to stick to their plan. Changing regimes every 4 years means the issue is the Front Office.....not the HC. And since I think Lynn is teaching it the right way. I would stick with him. Now if the players are no longer interested in playing hard for Lynn....the he has to go immediately.. but as long as he has them interested and continues to provide the game plans that give the opportunity to win each and every game. I'm very hesitant to meddle. I'm going to allow him at the very least the final 9 games of this year. And since Herbert is developing well, that is a huge positive on his resume. The o-line has performed well so far this year. That is on Lynn resume. There are some very positive things happening. Even though 2-5 sucks.

​​​

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Well. Time is a great healer and patience is a virtue. No substitute for hard work and perseverance. Cliches ..yes. But very true in how life works and sports work. And if that is with Lynn or the next HC. They need to stick to their plan. Changing regimes every 4 years means the issue is the Front Office.....not the HC. And since I think Lynn is teaching it the right way. I would stick with him. Now if the players are no longer interested in playing hard for Lynn....the he has to go immediately.. but as long as he has them interested and continues to provide the game plans that give the opportunity to win each and every game. I'm very hesitant to meddle. I'm going to allow him at the very least the final 9 games of this year. And since Herbert is developing well, that is a huge positive on his resume. The o-line has performed well so far this year. That is on Lynn resume. There are some very positive things happening. Even though 2-5 sucks.

​​​

So forgive me for forcing the issue, I see you’re defending your position against multiple Lynn critics so no pressure, but theoretically, if we continue to lose 1 score games at the rate we are, you would be in favor of keeping lynn indefinitely so long as
                    1. players appear (subjectivity) motivated and responsive to Lynn
                    and
                    2. the game plan is good enough to put us in position to win.

I think it’s appropriate to make this scenario hypothetical because my sense is that even you would be in favor of moving on if we go 5-11 for the next 5 years even if we saw 1&2 consistently

So in your opinion is it possible to be a great coach while averaging 5 wins a season?
                    and if so, is there any way you can justify moving on from a “great coach” who simply hasn’t won.
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So forgive me for forcing the issue, I see you’re defending your position against multiple Lynn critics so no pressure, but theoretically, if we continue to lose 1 score games at the rate we are, you would be in favor of keeping lynn indefinitely so long as
                      1. players appear (subjectivity) motivated and responsive to Lynn
                      and
                      2. the game plan is good enough to put us in position to win.

I think it’s appropriate to make this scenario hypothetical because my sense is that even you would be in favor of moving on if we go 5-11 for the next 5 years even if we saw 1&2 consistently

So in your opinion is it possible to be a great coach while averaging 5 wins a season?
                      and if so, is there any way you can justify moving on from a “great coach” who simply hasn’t won.
                      Honestly, the 1 score games do not bother me as much (although they are very frustrating) the blowing huge leads is what pisses me off. Doing it once? Well that happens but week after week after week shows terrible coaching, defensively to let the other team back in and for the head coach to have a pathetic passive attitude that he wants to take his foot off the gas and coast to a win. When has that ever worked? Yet Lynn keeps trying it thinking this will be the week I show everyone how smart I am, and every week he shows why he is Charlie Brown trying to kick the football that Lucy is holding and the entire sports world is laughing at Lynn except us Charger fans who are pissed at him for truing to do the same stupid kick week after week.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

IF, IF IF..

That's a mighty big

IF.JPG

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

IF, IF IF..

These IFs of yours are all guesses and assumptions.

If Badgely makes the kick that is a win.
                          If Facyson makes that play, that is a win.
                          If Ekeler catches the pitch, that is a win.

Its a very different type of if.

your IF
                          IF Lynn were better, we would be better, okay....but they can still miss kicks. A better HC doesn't make a kicker make kicks.
                          You can claim that a better HC doesn't have us in a position where a single kick is the difference. Well...... Reid and Payton beat Lynn by a kick. They are much better HC than Lynn, right? so why did they end up down to needing a kicker make it to win the damn game. BTW The very next game that same KC kicker misses an extra point and a FG.

Comment

Working...
                          X