• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Are your reasons for Belichek failing with Browns excuses?

They were 12-19-1 in the 2 season before he arrived at Browns. He went 13-19 over his 1st two years. So he didn't move the needle at all.

Record the year before Belichek arrived with Patriots 8-8 Pete Carroll coached. (Pete Carroll was also 9-7 and 10-6 the two seasons before)
    Taking over the Pete Carroll coached team. Belichek goes 5-11. He made them worse.

But Brady arrived the next year, and he played not because Belichek knew to start him over the veteran QB, but because he was forced to do it by injury.
    If you take away Brady, Belichek even in New England does not have a winning record overall.
    He was 5-11 before Brady. 11-5 with Cassel when Brady was out all year and now 2-5 this year. That is 18-21. He is overrated until he proves he can do it consistently without Brady.

And I am still out on the limb with Lynn. He is underrated. Of course that is just my opinion.
    But if Lynn was fired today.... He would have a winning record as HC of Chargers and .500 record in playoffs and its a short list of Charger HCs in all of Charger history that did that.

And if you are what your record says you are. Lynn is 28-27 as a Charger HC . = Winner.
    Chargers total record without Lynn as HC 426-431. = Loser.

Stats are funny. You can spin them to make a point. But the stat itself is a fact. Above .500 is Lynn. Below .500 is the Charger Franchise.

:coffee:
    Lynn won't get fired mid season. Gus could but Lynn won't. And after this season, Lynn will have a losing record.

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Jadeveon Clowney was out there

Yannick Ngouye was out there

The chargers had the cap space for each player. They chose not too. I don't want to read the Chargers didn't have cap space. If the Saints and Steelers can finagle numbers, the Chargers can too. (And by the way, bringing back Pouncey was a 6m waste of money - we all knew his hips were done - that deal should have been 1m heavily incentivized if he plays - Desmond King -- more wasted space becaue if he wasn't coming back - trade him last draft)

Ingram is just not the same as he was. Bosa is dominant.
      farkin pouncey...I KNEW he wouldnt make it. I just felt the guy wanted to get paid knowing full well he was going NOWHERE. That is almost gaither-esque...OK not as bad but still pisses me off that this team would resign him knowing full well he has been injury-plagued for HOW long now?!

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

farkin pouncey...I KNEW he wouldnt make it. I just felt the guy wanted to get paid knowing full well he was going NOWHERE. That is almost gaither-esque...OK not as bad but still pisses me off that this team would resign him knowing full well he has been injury-plagued for HOW long now?!
        I can't believe TT fell for it. We all knew something didnt smell right yet TT just jumped right in with both feet.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

I maybe wrong, Lynn may turn out to be a bad coach. I just dont see it at this point in time. He has overall winning record.

I dont see:
          bad timeouts/challenges anymore
          def line jumping offsides anymore
          low effort run blocking anymore
          team coming out flat and falling behind early anymore
          sideline fighting, ingame fighting

I do see:
          kicker missing FG
          backup CB causing PI on 4th and 4
          WR unnecessarily jump catching a slant
          kicker missing XP's
          backup RG missing blocks
          backup LB lost in coverage
          injuries, lots of injuries.

Blaming the coach for losing big leads and not giving credit for getting them is hypocrisy.
          Blaming Lynn for losing record this year and previous while ignoring his winning season is hypocrisy.

Players play, Coaches coach. There is plenty of blame for both.

All i know is: When this same coach had all his star players healthy, Chargers went into playoffs. FACT

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            I maybe wrong, Lynn may turn out to be a bad coach. I just dont see it at this point in time. He has overall winning record.

I dont see:
            bad timeouts/challenges anymore
            def line jumping offsides anymore
            low effort run blocking anymore
            team coming out flat and falling behind early anymore
            sideline fighting, ingame fighting

I do see:
            kicker missing FG
            backup CB causing PI on 4th and 4
            WR unnecessarily jump catching a slant
            kicker missing XP's
            backup RG missing blocks
            backup LB lost in coverage
            injuries, lots of injuries.

Blaming the coach for losing big leads and not giving credit for getting them is hypocrisy.
            Blaming Lynn for losing record this year and previous while ignoring his winning season is hypocrisy.

Players play, Coaches coach. There is plenty of blame for both.

All i know is: When this same coach had all his star players healthy, Chargers went into playoffs. FACT

I see a strange addiction to a terrible ST's coach. Not stepping in when your D coordinator is spiraling out of control and in desperate need of an intervention. Lynn is touted as a leader and the players may like him, he does seem like a likeable guy but failure to lead or hold his coaches accountable is a major failing.

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This might be, no is, the most ridiculous thing ever posted here.
              He's making a complete fool of himself

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Overall, the offense is doing it's job. The Defense? Where does that leave Gus Bradley and his team without some key players? For all the emphasis TT has focused on in recent drafts on that side of the ball, and with key injuries, he's being outcoached with what he has left. Bradley and his team may have some reputable stats, but overall there's just not enough talent in Bradley that instills a focused defense. TT is in a bind as to who to get to replace him if he were to fire him today. Any suggestions to instill a focused defense? TT says...I thought not. That unfortunately means keeping Bradley for this year and hiring away a high priced defensive coordinator from another team next season. TT will probably roll the dice and low ball his way to another "gamble" at DC next season.. Typical. Not going all out. That is the present day Chargers. Deal with it.
                Last edited by Caslon; 11-03-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This might be, no is, the most ridiculous thing ever posted here.
                  I would take BB after a lobotomy
                  over Lynn with the opposition’s playbook in hand
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I can't believe TT fell for it. We all knew something didnt smell right yet TT just jumped right in with both feet.
                    pouncy is laughing all the way to the bank...and laughing that he doesnt have to do a damn thing for this pathetic coaching staff...just count the Benji's.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

He's making a complete fool of himself
                      I'm very ok pointing out Belichek has a losing record without Brady.

I'm very okay pointing out he was caught cheating to win games

What I have yet to see from him is what can he do consistently when he isn't cheating and doesn't have the best QB of all time.

I know it's just me. I can be that complete fool that says I think Belichek won't win the AFC East anymore. The Bills and Dolphins are passing him up. His Patriots will be fighting with the Jets to stay out of last place every year until he gets a great QB again.

Again....I'm out on a limb. Belichek dominant run in the AFC East ended when Brady left. Its over. That era is gone. And he was not lucky enough to replace his Montana or Farve with a Young or Rodgers to keep things going. If he went Brady to Burrow. Then he would continue to look amazing for the next decade. But his QB room is very questionable. And until that changes. Belichek wont win the AFC East anymore.

I'm very okay being very wrong and foolish with my take.

And I'm okay saying if you compare Lynn early years to Belichek early years......Lynn clearly began he career winning a much higher percentage of games. And did it under tough circumstances of team moving to a new city. And isn't that the bottom line. Wins.

And then there is this....Lynn doesnt cheat. So he won't have any asterisks next to his coaching record. Belichek is tainted, so how good is he really when you take away Brady and the cheating. I dont think anyone knows yet. But my bet is he comes back to the pack and 8-8 will be his ceiling for the next 5 years before he retires or gets fired.
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm very ok pointing out Belichek has a losing record without Brady.

I'm very okay pointing out he was caught cheating to win games

What I have yet to see from him is what can he do consistently when he isn't cheating and doesn't have the best QB of all time.

I know it's just me. I can be that complete fool that says I think Belichek won't win the AFC East anymore. The Bills and Dolphins are passing him up. His Patriots will be fighting with the Jets to stay out of last place every year until he gets a great QB again.

Again....I'm out on a limb. Belichek dominant run in the AFC East ended when Brady left. Its over. That era is gone. And he was not lucky enough to replace his Montana or Farve with a Young or Rodgers to keep things going. If he went Brady to Burrow. Then he would continue to look amazing for the next decade. But his QB room is very questionable. And until that changes. Belichek wont win the AFC East anymore.

I'm very okay being very wrong and foolish with my take.

And I'm okay saying if you compare Lynn early years to Belichek early years......Lynn clearly began he career winning a much higher percentage of games. And did it under tough circumstances of team moving to a new city. And isn't that the bottom line. Wins.

And then there is this....Lynn doesnt cheat. So he won't have any asterisks next to his coaching record. Belichek is tainted, so how good is he really when you take away Brady and the cheating. I dont think anyone knows yet. But my bet is he comes back to the pack and 8-8 will be his ceiling for the next 5 years before he retires or gets fired.
                        Gee, your out on a limb saying NE wont be as good without Brady? How brave of you. They did win with Matt Cassell who stunk everywhere else.

Im putting myself out there now and calling it. New Orleans wont be as good without Brees and Pittsburgh will struggle without Ben. Green Bay will flounder without Rodgers. Whew...thats a lot of predictions there.

Name a team that has a winning record without their starting QB. We will wait.

NE will get a high draft pick and get their QB...maybe trade the farm for Lawrence, who knows. No team is on top forever. Hell ill take just 1 damn superbowl win.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-04-2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Gee, your out on a limb saying NE wont be as good without Brady? How brave of you. They did win with Matt Cassell who stunk everywhere else.

Im putting myself out there now and calling it. New Orleans wont be as good without Brees and Pittsburgh will struggle without Ben. Green Basy will flounder without Rodgers. Whew...thats a lot of predictions there.

Name a team that has a winning record without their starting QB. We will wait.

NE will get a high draft pick and get their QB...maybe trade the farm for Lawrence, who knows. No team is on top forever. Hell ill take just 1 damn superbowl win.
                          Oh please, don't be a condescending about it.

Everyone is all he is a genius mastermind.
                          And as soon as I point out the obvious. QB Driven League. He hasn't win a single post season game in New England without Brady. And has a losing record without Brady over his entire career. Then the goalpost moved to well of course name any HC that gets it done without great QB play.

Am I fool for saying he over rated.
                          Am I fool for pointing out Belichek early HC career vs Lynn completely favors Lynn.

And are we just going to ignore all the cheating that tainted anything he accomplished?

​​​​​​Did you not read I also said his ceiling will be 8 wins and he will resign or be fired in the next 5 years. That's not out on a limb for you. I don't see anyone else posting that about Belichek. No worries. Bash my take with condescension if you must.

I am with you on this part. I will take 1 damn Superbowl win too. Are we going to have a clutch kicker when we need it
                          Who knows how far Marty or Norv go if Kaeding doesn't choke vs Jets twice. And how many SB runs stall out for Patriots if Viniteri goes wide right instead of clutch.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X