• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

In that game, they had 3 turnovers up to that point. Yet still within 5 points. And with a rookie QB went down the field and had a perfect play call. It was not the typical bombs away and toss the ball to another player. They were in shorter range and Allen/Ekeler can make that play. It was a game winning play call. And it was just unfortunate. I think they make that 3 out of 4 and it works for a walk off. Sure you rather have the lead, but it's football..... each game is it's own thing. It was nice to see they had a plan and a play call ready to win the game. That is why I bring it up. I think Badgely make 4 out of 5 gm winning FGs. But he missed vs Saints. My point is all this fire Lynn goes away if a couple plays were made. And Lynn wouldn't have done anything different.
    Dont agree, i think they tried that in another game before that one and it dint work.
    4 out of 5 maybe in practice with no defenders but that is a low percentage play. If it werent then teams would run that every week but they dont because of the failure rate and high chance of a turnover/fumble.
    It was a game desperate play, not a game winning play and IF it works, yes we win but it is a play that rarely works.

Its basically a hook and ladder that we have seen fail over the years and the only one ive seen work was AGAINST US ....in typical Chargers fashion, in that 1982 playoff game in Miami.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Facts are facts.
      How you feel about those facts is a different story.
      Yes facts are facts; there's a multitude of facts:
      which one's you choose to ignore makes the story different.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Crusher you are making up a narrative that simply isn't true.
        McCoy had plenty of talent too.

I would think Flowers, Hayward, Weddle in the secondary is talent. I would think Allen, Gordon, Henry, Rivers is talent
        I would think Bosa, Ingram, Mebane, Lugiet is talent. Perryman, Floyd, Gates, Philips, Addae, Benjamin, Scifres, Lambo. A very healthy o-line in 2016 too.

Last time Lynn had a very healthy o-line he went 12-4 with Bosa, Ingram, Hayward, Rivers, Gordon and won a playoff game. Last time McCoy had a those same names and a healthy o-line he went 5-11.

Stick to your lack of context one score losses. Or, so you don't sound so obviously biased just keep pointing out his division record, it's your best argument. The rest of your take is pathetic.

Lynn is the better HC. And you know it.
        ​​​​​
        ​​​​:stirpot:
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yes facts are facts; there's a multitude of facts:
          which one's you choose to ignore makes the story different.
          Yes sir. So let's include the whole resume. And the whole set of circumstances. Its the ignoring that creates the narrative that Lynn is a terrible HC.
          The fact is he is 29-29 and he does not have the most talent team in his division. You know that and I know that.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Yes sir. So let's include the whole resume. And the whole set of circumstances. Its the ignoring that creates the narrative that Lynn is a terrible HC.
            The fact is he is 29-29 and he does not have the most talent team in his division. You know that and I know that.

The trajectory of this team has been decidedly downward since the New England debacle (that disaster not being a small point of my contention with him).
            His current 500 record is like the drowning swimmer getting one last gasp above the water before going to a watery grave. No one then points to how spritely he
            looked doing wind sprints up and down the beach earlier in the day.

You put one foot in a bucket of burning tar and the other in a bucket of ice: would you say that on average you are doing well?

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The trajectory of this team has been decidedly downward since the New England debacle (that disaster not being a small point of my contention with him).
              His current 500 record is like the drowning swimmer getting one last gasp above the water before going to a watery grave. No one then points to how spritely he
              looked doing wind sprints up and down the beach earlier in the day.

You put one foot in a bucket of burning tar and the other in a bucket of ice: would you say that on average you are doing well?
              My perspective is different than many.
              I don't see Chargers as the super most talented team in our division or AFC or league. I think when stars are healthy could say a top 10 team. When many stars get injured then a bottom 10 team. Overall they are middle of the pack.
              Because it is such a QB Driven league.
              I look at Lynn/Rivers 3 season.
              And then this Lynn/Herbert 1 season.
              I see them as two different chapter of chargers football.
              Its a big reason I want Lynn to have another season with Herbert. I know Lynn won many games 2 of 3 years with Philip. Then 1 down year and that chapter closed. And now it's the beginning of a new Herbert era and it's has been a tease of a lot of great play and opportunity to win and then some unfortunate injury and some poor player performance and questions about coaches.
              I want to see what another year of Lynn with Herbert looks like.

Is part of it that Lynn dumped old man Rivers. Makes it easier to hate on Lynn for a rough 2020 season.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Lynn is still out of his depth.He is the wrong coach for Herbert and the direction this team is heading towards.He was a RB coach and our run game Still sucks.We have an amazing QB.Time for an Expensive,experienced coaching staff.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Crusher you are making up a narrative that simply isn't true.
                  McCoy had plenty of talent too.

I would think Flowers, Hayward, Weddle in the secondary is talent. I would think Allen, Gordon, Henry, Rivers is talent
                  I would think Bosa, Ingram, Mebane, Lugiet is talent. Perryman, Floyd, Gates, Philips, Addae, Benjamin, Scifres, Lambo. A very healthy o-line in 2016 too.

Last time Lynn had a very healthy o-line he went 12-4 with Bosa, Ingram, Hayward, Rivers, Gordon and won a playoff game. Last time McCoy had a those same names and a healthy o-line he went 5-11.

Stick to your lack of context one score losses. Or, so you don't sound so obviously biased just keep pointing out his division record, it's your best argument. The rest of your take is pathetic.

Lynn is the better HC. And you know it.
                  ​​​​​
                  ​​​​:stirpot:
                  Keenan Allen played one half of football that year. Remember?
                  Mebane was put on injured reserve after 10 games.
                  Floyd was near the end.
                  Gates was near the end.
                  Scifres was near the end.
                  Henry was a rookie: he split time with Gates
                  Flowers was always put on concussion protocol by week 3 ...and then shelved for 5 weeks, come off it, and get another concussion.
                  Liuget was always overrated here because he was a high first rounder.
                  Bosa held out and missed a lot of games.
                  Addae is a journeymen type player, once off the rookie contract
                  The offensive line was complete crap...they also had a number of injuries: almost all of them were gone by 2017. Complete crap!

In short:
                  On D: Hayward, bosa, ingram, perryman, weddle and journeyman types.... this was the strength of the team.
                  On O: Rivers, a green Hunter Henry, an ineffective fumble prone Melvin Gordon & journeymen players (nothing remotely close to what they have right now).

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

I don't see Chargers as the super most talented team in our division or AFC or league. I think when stars are healthy could say a top 10 team. When many stars get injured then a bottom 10 team. Overall they are middle of the pack.
                    Its a big reason I want Lynn to have another season with Herbert. I know Lynn won many games 2 of 3 years with Philip. Then 1 down year and that chapter closed. And now it's the beginning of a new Herbert era and it's has been a tease of a lot of great play and opportunity to win and then some unfortunate injury and some poor player performance and questions about coaches.

Is part of it that Lynn dumped old man Rivers. Makes it easier to hate on Lynn for a rough 2020 season.
                    In part: its the i know the future direction of football blather, the immediate dumping on Rivers as being a dinosaur, the ugly parting;
                    and then you find out he's been bullshitting you all along and has no interesting contributions to make to any offensive scheme in the NFL.

Its the consistent lackluster running game that was suppose to be his hallmark.....and yet he continues to push that failure to the detriment
                    of the outcome. Its the pig head stubbornness without results. Its his asinine choice of George Stewart on special teams and Gus Bradley on D:
                    the only decent coordinator (coincidentally not chosen by him) gets dumped.

Hell, even visor head brought in Reich....who has any confidence in Lynn making future assistant coaching choices?

Lynn can't leave fast enough, as far as i'm concerned

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

still don't get your logic here.... Lynn decided he was better off without Rivers, and better w/Tyrod, and now you're saying that Lynn would be better served w/Herbert ??

is Lynn the catalyst here, or wouldn't most any HC be better off w/Herbert, coz sure didn't like AL's prospects after his Tyrod debut against Cincy.... did you ??
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

I don’t want to see what another year of Lynn with Herbert looks like because Herbert is playing lights out and we’re still losing. Every year with Lynn is a waste of year of Herbert. We hit the jackpot at QB. Can’t blow it by sticking with an average to poor HC.

as for Rivers, I wasn’t sad to see him go but he deserved better treatment from the HC while he was here and Rivers is proving that he’s got gas in the tank.

bottom line, it’s a QB league and Lynn had 2 very very good QBs.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

still don't get your logic here.... Lynn decided he was better off without Rivers, and better w/Tyrod, and now you're saying that Lynn would be better served w/Herbert ??

is Lynn the catalyst here, or wouldn't most any HC be better off w/Herbert, coz sure didn't like AL's prospects after his Tyrod debut against Cincy.... did you ??
                          There are no poor coaches or bad players. You are not at this level if you suck. But if I was to weight it, I would definitely lean toward talent as the overriding factor. Then experience of that talent as the next factor. And then health of that talent. And then coaching. I want a talented veteran team. At that point whether it's Lynn or Shaw or McDaniels or Beienemy or whoever then I think good things will happen. Which is why I dont want to dump Lynn as i dont think an HC change moves the needle as much as health and talent and experience will. We had an experienced Lambo. And we switched to Koo. And he started off 3 of 6 and losing a couple of games. But I don't think that was a Lynn decision. I think that was Spanos marketing decision in the move to LA. Koo 3 years later is playing well but nobody was saying anything about it until recently when Badgely struggled. Another case of what have you done for me lately. All of this is just my opinion, so it's only worth 2 cents but I just don't see a bad HC in Lynn. And I dont see a HC change as the catalyst of special things. I see talent, health and experience as bigger factors in winning games. Since I think Lynn is a very good HC I look at other things to improve. If you think he is horrible, then it makes sense you want him gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X