• Show
Clear All
  • KrazyLegs
    Registered Dude
    • Sep 2018
    • Westminster, MA
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    I just think yesterday is why Lynn should be fired. They have a comfortable lead 31-13 against the worst team in the league and the Jets make it close.
    And every Bolts fan knew it would somehow come down to the last 2 minutes.

It really is pathetic that the Chargers had to eke out a win against a historically bad team. A team whose fans only bright spot every Sunday is their left tackle.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Andy is great.
      but I can't help but notice he has a losing record when he isn't starting a top 10 draft pick at QB. And he always used very mobile QBs that fit his style. He is a very smart coach.
      Perhaps that is why he was not hire by Chargers when we had Rivers. Maybe he told the front office, he would want to trade Philip and get a different style of QB that fits what he likes to do. And they said well then this isn't a match.
      ​​​​​​I already posted in this thread Reid getting roasted for poor game management over his career. Although I disagree with the article. I think it's grading the results and then making a conclusion.

Reid and Gruden defense were not able to close.
      Both teams went right down the field to take lead.
      What gives? Why can't they get their DC to call better plays that stop the other team?

Coaches coach, players play. Players Make plays.
      You seem to be merging your put the blame on Spanos messages with your players are responsible for losses (but not victories):

By gum! Reid has been to two Super Bowls and 6 conference championship games. However, players make plays and he's had his screw ups in the past:
      ergo, he's on par with A. Lynn (another great coach held back by circumstances).

And the Spanos suck!! Oh, they suck big time!!!

Were they sucking when they chose Lynn?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You seem to be merging your put the blame on Spanos messages with your players are responsible for losses (but not victories):

By gum! Reid has been to two Super Bowls and 6 conference championship games. However, players make plays and he's had his screw ups in the past:
        ergo, he's on par with A. Lynn (another great coach held back by circumstances).

And unless a coach is fired that I cannot think of - there will not be an "Andy Reid" on the market if the Chargers make a chance. Rivera was a guy I thought the Chargers should have called but he was going to the WFT more than likely all along.

Its why I still think Jim Caldwell should be given a call. Look at the records with Detroit and Indy - its pretty darn good. Took Indy to a Super Bowl as well. Twice fired but its not like Bob Quinn got the Matt Patricia hire correctly now did he.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Yesterday was the definition of why this staff needs to go. ST's errors... the defense giving up scores late.

And WHAT was the playcalling on the last drive (before the punt). 3 quick passes? Jesus you run ALL the TIME when everyone knows your going to run.

Although the fact we can't run, is also a factor. Jesus our rushing attack is anemic.

We need new blood in here, in the worst way. (on the staff)
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
            Yesterday was the definition of why this staff needs to go. ST's errors... the defense giving up scores late.

And WHAT was the playcalling on the last drive (before the punt). 3 quick passes? Jesus you run ALL the TIME when everyone knows your going to run.

Although the fact we can't run, is also a factor. Jesus our rushing attack is anemic.

We need new blood in here, in the worst way. (on the staff)
            I actually was fine with the play call on first down - pass to Keenan - might get more yards than running
            Second down for sure should have been a run just to move clock or burn a Jets time out
            Third down - passing to win the game was fine.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

I agree, but the 3 straight passes...were bad.

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

What I'm saying is it starts at the top, and order of blame for the product on the field goes Owner, GM, HC.
                The owner picks the GM
                The GM picks the players and HC. Except in the Charger case the owner son helps pick.
                And then the HC works with that talent.
                And to me it makes sense to also account for how healthy the roster was for the season.

I don't blame Andy Reid for having a losing record when Vick or McMabb got hurt. I don't blame Tomlin for going 8-8 with no Big Ben. And I don't blame Belicheat for being 4-6 with no Brady. I do point it out to show how much talent matters for coaches to win games.

And a big difference between the Steelers, Cheifs, Patriots.
                They seem willing to take risks on talented players Chargers would never touch. The Patriots trade a 4th rd pick for Moss during 2007 draft. Chargers used a 3rd rd pick to draft a linebacker A.Waters who never started and was cut the next year. They could have offered that 3rd for Moss. He is the type of WR Rivers would love. 50/50 throws deep and into the endzone. Moss is very likely the difference that season as Chargers faced off with the Patriots in AFC title game. You have to get playmakers matchup problems to help an HC get to the top. Chargers seem like they don't like bringing in players with checkered pasts or other issues around them. But the teams they lose to in the post season don't have an issue with it. You letting them have that talent to beat you with. This is a organization philosophy they are committed to. And that is fine..but it means you pass on talent anytime you don't like off field resume. And now your limited to drafting from a pool of good guys. These other teams have less limits on what they are willing to do to win. Lynn is at a bit of a disadvantage vs these other organizations. So have the other Charger HCs. They can only cook with what they are given by Front Office.
                im fine with gators and snakes and rats if it wins the trophy. Spanos won't allow it. They like chicken. And as the trenchers will tell you Spanos don't seem to like beef too much either.
                Its is their product. It won't ever change unless they sell the team. Any HC they get after Lynn will be under the same philosophy of talent acquisition. If the new HC sees a Tyreek Hill type in draft. He will find out that he cannot add that to the menu. He will be told no, Character is important and that guy doesn't have enough of it, we don't care how great a football player he is, we don't want him on our team. And then Cheifs will draft him, or Steelers will, or Ravens will, or Raiders will or Patriots will.

​​​​​​
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                  I agree, but the 3 straight passes...were bad.
                  The choice type of passes were bad.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

What I'm saying is it starts at the top, and order of blame for the product on the field goes Owner, GM, HC.
                    The owner picks the GM
                    The GM picks the players and HC. Except in the Charger case the owner son helps pick.
                    And to me it makes sense to also account for how healthy the roster was for the season.

I don't blame Andy Reid for having a losing record when Vick or McMabb got hurt. I don't blame Tomlin for going 8-8 with no Big Ben. And I don't blame Belicheat for being 4-6 with no Brady. I do point it out to show how much talent matters for coaches to win games.

They seem willing to take risks on talented players Chargers would never touch. The Patriots trade a 4th rd pick for Moss during 2007 draft. Chargers used a 3rd rd pick to draft a linebacker A.Waters who never started and was cut the next year. They could have offered that 3rd for Moss. He is the type of WR Rivers would love. 50/50 throws deep and into the endzone. Moss is very likely the difference that season as Chargers faced off with the Patriots in AFC title game. You have to get playmakers matchup problems to help an HC get to the top. Chargers seem like they don't like bringing in players with checkered pasts or other issues around them. But the teams they lose to in the post season don't have an issue with it. You letting them have that talent to beat you with. This is a organization philosophy they are committed to. And that is fine..but it means you pass on talent anytime you don't like off field resume. And now your limited to drafting from a pool of good guys. These other teams have less limits on what they are willing to do to win. Lynn is at a bit of a disadvantage vs these other organizations. So have the other Charger HCs. They can only cook with what they are given by Front Office.
                    im find with gators and snakes and rats if it wins the trophy. Spanos won't allow it. They like chicken. And as the trenchers will tell you Spanos don't seem to like beef too much either.
                    Its is their product. It won't ever change unless they sell the team. Any HC they get after Lynn will be under the same philosophy of talent acquisition. If the new HC sees a Tyreek Hill type in draft. He will find out that he cannot add that to the menu. He will be told no, Character is important and that guy doesn't have enough of it, we don't care how great a football player he is, we don't want him on our team. And then Cheifs will draft him, or Steelers will, or Ravens will, or Raiders will or Patriots will.

​​​​​​
                    Helps pick players and HC along with Dean. When Lynn was hired, i never saw Telesco talk about it,....that i recall anyways. I saw JohnBoy talk about it but then i dont live in SD so i was not able to see all the local news about the team during that time.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Andy is great.
                      but I can't help but notice he has a losing record when he isn't starting a top 10 draft pick at QB. And he always used very mobile QBs that fit his style. He is a very smart coach.
                      Perhaps that is why he was not hire by Chargers when we had Rivers. Maybe he told the front office, he would want to trade Philip and get a different style of QB that fits what he likes to do. And they said well then this isn't a match.
                      ​​​​​​I already posted in this thread Reid getting roasted for poor game management over his career. Although I disagree with the article. I think it's grading the results and then making a conclusion.

Reid and Gruden defense were not able to close.
                      Both teams went right down the field to take lead.
                      What gives? Why can't they get their DC to call better plays that stop the other team?

Coaches coach, players play. Players Make plays.
                      Anthony got a loosing record when startin top 10 draft pick at qb

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

The owner picks the GM

im fine with gators and snakes and rats if it wins the trophy. Spanos won't allow it. They like chicken. And as the trenchers will tell you Spanos don't seem to like beef too much either.

​​​​​​
                        FFS, please stop with this sheer horse manure nonsense!!!

Every example you cited showed a good head coach that experienced a drop off when he lost his starting QB. We have had our starting QB for both of the last two seasons although Lynn saw fit not play Hebert in week 1. So those examples are crap.

Further, assuming the Chiefs make the playoffs this season, Reid will have led his team to the playoffs in 16 of 22 seasons. He has had 3 losing seasons in 22 seasons as a head coach and has been above .500 in every season he has coached the Chiefs. He has bult up a ton of goodwill as a head coach. He has earned greater protection from being fired than Lynn has because he has proven that he is a superior coach.

The same holds true for Tomlin, though to a slightly lesser degree. Assuming they make the playoffs this year, he will have led his team to the playoffs in 9 of 14 seasons and he has never had a losing season for the Steelers.

Lynn has demonstrated the exact opposite as a head coach. In several posts, I have gone game by game and have explained how the coaching has absolutely killed this team this season. Lynn's primary emphasis on establishing the running game is all wrong for this team as well. This is a passing team and is likely to be for the next decade or longer with Herbert regardless of who the running back is. And Lynn's inability to get wins in divisional games and close games, plus inability to coach the team to close out games all combines with the other issues and screams out that Lynn must be fired.

As for your specific player takes regarding Moss and Hill, you are again way off base. Moss produced a whopping 1 catch for 18 yards in the AFCCG at the end of the 2007 season. We lost to a then undefeated team that did not lose at home all season long. I also question the likelihood of the Raiders trading within the division to us coming off of a 14-2 season even if we had expressed interest in Moss.

I have already completely debunked your take on Hill. Once again, we did not have a 5th round pick in the 2016 NFL draft. Hill was taken at pick 5/165. Our last pick before that was pick 4/102. Between picks 4/102 and 5/165, the Raiders did pass on Hill (5/143), the Steelers did pass on Hill (4/123), the Patriots did pass on HIll (4/112), the Chiefs themselves did pass on Hill four times (4/105, 4/106, 4/126, and 5/162), and the Ravens did pass on Hill six times (4/104, 4/107, 4/130, 4/132, 4/134, and 5/146). And lots of other teams also passed on Hill.

By the time of the 2016 draft, Rivers was 34 and clearly had several seasons left. WRs that always paired well with Rivers were big catch radius WRs. Rivers' strength was never as a deep passer either. So, you can clearly see that Hill was not a great fit for a QB like Rivers. In fact, the team was able to see what a good, smaller and very speedy receiver looked like with Rivers in recent seasons before the 2016 draft as the team had Eddie Royal, who is nearly identical in size to Hill. Though Royal and Rivers were both very talented, it never was a perfect fit, not as good as one might have thought on paper. And going into the draft, while everyone knew that Hill was fast, nobody knew that he was as good as he has ended up beng as a WR. I am sure everyone would have thought that Royal was the better receiver.

On top of that, Hill's off field issues were not minor. The choking of the pregnant girlfriend was worse than Ray Rice's incident and the Ray Rice incident was just two years earlier. And it was way worse than the Joe Mixon incident.

Positions such as those taken in the above quoted post simply and clearly are unsupportable.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

FFS, please stop with this sheer horse manure nonsense!!!

Every example you cited showed a good head coach that experienced a drop off when he lost his starting QB. We have had our starting QB for both of the last two seasons although Lynn saw fit not play Hebert in week 1. So those examples are crap.

Further, assuming the Chiefs make the playoffs this season, Reid will have led his team to the playoffs in 16 of 22 seasons. He has had 3 losing seasons in 22 seasons as a head coach and has been above .500 in every season he has coached the Chiefs. He has bult up a ton of goodwill as a head coach. He has earned greater protection from being fired than Lynn has because he has proven that he is a superior coach.

The same holds true for Tomlin, though to a slightly lesser degree. Assuming they make the playoffs this year, he will have led his team to the playoffs in 9 of 14 seasons and he has never had a losing season for the Steelers.

Lynn has demonstrated the exact opposite as a head coach. In several posts, I have gone game by game and have explained how the coaching has absolutely killed this team this season. Lynn's primary emphasis on establishing the running game is all wrong for this team as well. This is a passing team and is likely to be for the next decade or longer with Herbert regardless of who the running back is. And Lynn's inability to get wins in divisional games and close games, plus inability to coach the team to close out games all combines with the other issues and screams out that Lynn must be fired.

As for your specific player takes regarding Moss and Hill, you are again way off base. Moss produced a whopping 1 catch for 18 yards in the AFCCG at the end of the 2007 season. We lost to a then undefeated team that did not lose at home all season long. I also question the likelihood of the Raiders trading within the division to us coming off of a 14-2 season even if we had expressed interest in Moss.

I have already completely debunked your take on Hill. Once again, we did not have a 5th round pick in the 2016 NFL draft. Hill was taken at pick 5/165. Our last pick before that was pick 4/102. Between picks 4/102 and 5/165, the Raiders did pass on Hill (5/143), the Steelers did pass on Hill (4/123), the Patriots did pass on HIll (4/112), the Chiefs themselves did pass on Hill four times (4/105, 4/106, 4/126, and 5/162), and the Ravens did pass on Hill six times (4/104, 4/107, 4/130, 4/132, 4/134, and 5/146). And lots of other teams also passed on Hill.

By the time of the 2016 draft, Rivers was 34 and clearly had several seasons left. WRs that always paired well with Rivers were big catch radius WRs. Rivers' strength was never as a deep passer either. So, you can clearly see that Hill was not a great fit for a QB like Rivers. In fact, the team was able to see what a good, smaller and very speedy receiver looked like with Rivers in recent seasons before the 2016 draft as the team had Eddie Royal, who is nearly identical in size to Hill. Though Royal and Rivers were both very talented, it never was a perfect fit, not as good as one might have thought on paper. And going into the draft, while everyone knew that Hill was fast, nobody knew that he was as good as he has ended up beng as a WR. I am sure everyone would have thought that Royal was the better receiver.

On top of that, Hill's off field issues were not minor. The choking of the pregnant girlfriend was worse than Ray Rice's incident and the Ray Rice incident was just two years earlier. And it was way worse than the Joe Mixon incident.

Positions such as those taken in the above quoted post simply and clearly are unsupportable.
                          nice work!

I go back to the Denver game. The clock management in that game was very poor. Sometimes I just have no clue why the rush to snap the ball with 8+ seconds on the play clock. You do that 5 times, thats like 30 seconds or almost a play. Running out of bounds twice in the final five minutes. Thats easily over a minute left on the clock for the Broncos. Even yesterday, I think near the end of the 1st or 3rd - they ran a play before they needed too - just let the quarter end. Its little things like that - when I watch the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X