• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Quotes taken out of context of the team, the relationship of the coach with the team and a million other relevant factors are useless
    The intent is to show evidence for a bias against Lynn but actually shows nothing
    you absolutely use different standards for coaches with very little proven and much to be questioned
    Belicheat can absolutely say things that Lynn cannot
    Speaking of anonymous coach quotes.

“What do you think of your team’s execution coach?” To which mystery coach #1 replied, “I’m in favor of it.”

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

“What do you think of your team’s execution coach?” To which mystery coach #1 replied, “I’m in favor of it.”
      John McKay—Tampa Bay

Comment

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

That's a John McKay quote!

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

John McKay—Tampa Bay
          Ah, you beat me to it!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Lynn doesn't even have the balls to fire Stewart. SMH.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

“You PLAY
              TO WIN
              THE GAME!”
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Quotes taken out of context of the team, the relationship of the coach with the team and a million other relevant factors are useless
                The intent is to show evidence for a bias against Lynn but actually shows nothing
                you absolutely use different standards for coaches with very little proven and much to be questioned
                Belicheat can absolutely say things that Lynn cannot
                What just a minute, we don't do millions of relevant factors here and better context here. We do simple. Like one score losses type of simple. We don't look at turnovers or health of starters or in game injury or individual player performance to grade out each loss. We take out the context and we put it all in the same bucket of one score losses.

Anyways. The point is Lynn is not saying anything new. Its common coach speak, but it's being turned into another reason to hate on Lynn. I like that he is salty about player performance. He should be when they drop the ball or miss the kick. That is what they are paid to do, make the play that is right in front of them to make.

BTW Mystery HC 1 was Belicheat
                Mystery HC 2 was Tomlin.
                ​​​​​
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• "If you want to crown them, then crown their ass. But they are who we thought they were. And we let them off the hook.”

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

What just a minute, we don't do millions of relevant factors here and better context here. We do simple. Like one score losses type of simple. We don't look at turnovers or health of starters or in game injury or individual player performance to grade out each loss. We take out the context and we put it all in the same bucket of one score losses.

Anyways. The point is Lynn is not saying anything new. Its common coach speak, but it's being turned into another reason to hate on Lynn. I like that he is salty about player performance. He should be when they drop the ball or miss the kick. That is what they are paid to do, make the play that is right in front of them to make.

BTW Mystery HC 1 was Belicheat
                    Mystery HC 2 was Tomlin.
                    ​​​​​
                    Point taken
                    If Lynn wasn’t committing so many blunders, it would be a lot easier to swallow criticism
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Point taken
                      If Lynn wasn’t committing so many blunders, it would be a lot easier to swallow criticism
                      I hear you.
                      but where would your opinion and feelings about Lynn be if every decision he made was the same, but....

Badgely made that kick vs Saints.

Williams or Parhnam held on to TD pass vs Raiders.

Facyson knock the ball down or ref kept flag in his pocket vs Denver.

Allen to Ekeler pitch play connected vs Panthers.

The team would be 7-3.
                      And Lynn would have done absolutely nothing different. Nada.

I have trouble believing many fans would be calling for his dismissal and replacement and list out all the reasons of this call and this comment and this timeout and this strategy.
                      Think it comes down to one thing. Wins. You are a good HC when you get enough of them, you are a bad HC when you don't.

But it's not that simple to me. I always start with overall roster talent and health of talent. And then I look a QB play. And then coaches. I don't want the HC doing the play calling. I want the OC and DC to do it. I don't blame the play call based on its result. I grade the call vs the front and alignment and coverage. If they have 8 in box and a 9th creeping up, then unless I got a massive dominant line that can run anyway, then I'm asking why not check to a pass and get them out of stacking the box. Or if they keep playing cover two deep, and we keep calling deep pass, pass, pass. Then I'm asking why not call some runs, and more runs and try and get them to drop a safety down into box to open up room for deep passes.
                      Steichen seems to balance things pretty well and set things up pretty well.

The one play call that bother me the most was a defensive call. Was 3rd quarter, 3 and 10 and Gus calls play that rushes 3. That should be a call when it 3rd and 30. So.....Lynn should be asking Gus what the hell on that play. I only saw it once last week. But once too many. I have a feeling Gus is gone after season is over. And again, I am hoping the replacement is Deryl Austin.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• SBbound
                        Casual fanatic
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Merced/San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
                        "If you want to crown them, then crown their ass. But they are who we thought they were. And we let them off the hook.”
                        PB guy Dennis Green RIP

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

John McKay—Tampa Bay
                          tenor.gif

Comment

Working...