• Send PM

No to Eric Bieniemy... Just look at the Bear tonight with Nagy for why

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Does the NFL have an injury prevention division that reports directly to the commissioner? Things only change when the suits at the top take an active interest and want them to change.
      This was the thing that popped on my google search.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
        Nagy is unfortunately saddled with Trubisky. Foles is okay. But yeah, Reid’s disciples don’t have his consistency with the exception of John Harbaugh.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

This was the thing that popped on my google search.
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...chine-learning
          Thanks for that. It looks like a major study started last year with significant data inputs. Good for them.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

For all who are anxious for a coaching change, especially those wanting a higher priced experienced HC -

Look how well it's worked for the Cowboys!

By the way, we've been through this before - remember how all the world was saying Kevin Gilbride was the next great HC? Look how he ruined our team when he was hired to be the HC.
            Be careful what you wish for!
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Re: halftime speeches and adjustments. Charlie Weiss talked about this today on sirius. I know, I know, its Charlie Weiss. But he made a good point. NFL halftime is 12 minutes. 12! And the guys need to use the bathroom, not to be too graphic. He said the halftime stuff is overrated because realistically, you get maybe 2 minutes with the whole team if you are lucky. He said great coaches are constantly reviewing and adjusting in game, not waiting for half time.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

well when you say it like THAT...!
                haha

just devils advocate, how long WOULD it take to get the personnel to run a "similar" type of offense.
                I think the appeal of running a run first offense with a strong arm QB is to avoid relying on that one skill set (like we did with Rivers)
                so maybe not exactly that offense/personnel, but something similar so have a dominiate run game (that JH can contribute to)
                while also having the deep passing ability of JH to keep defenses off balance.

i think Roman can find a middle ground
                If you find a middle ground, then you probably won't be dominant in either the running or passing game. The ravens are run first all the way. The part of their passing game that is special is the play action game, which is does it's best because teams are selling out to stop the run.

A big part of the Ravens success is that they have a unique QB, with top notch OL, and blockers at FB and TE. Add in it a dominant D, which we would probably also have to rebuild (at least the LB and part of the secondary), it is really just one of those contrarian type of units. I am not sure anyone else would be able to capture the same sort of magic. It will be interesting to see if they can sustain it with Stanley out now (season ending injury vs pitt)..

When Roman took over the 49ers offense he was mostly a John Gruden style of west coast team. A lot of I formation, mixing in some 3 WR stuff, and doing a lot of backfield action, on top of the precision throwing. When they decided to ditch the west coast and go zone read, was when Roman's offense took off, but that was mostly because Colin Kapernick could still throw back then, and NFL teams were not ready for how much he was going to run. Roman has been on the cutting edge of option football ever since, because he is one of the few coaches who actually have coached option football (he took a year off from the NFL to go back to coaching HS). He is doing a good job of finding the things that mix in well and build an offense around the running game.

As far as his age, I would hesitate to call him young. He is pretty middle aged by NFL standards (48).

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Right now, I’d like to trade our #1 to New Orleans for Sean Payton. Come on, Brees is done, the Saints will be going downhill soon.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

I think we need a Josh McDaniels type, someone who has been there and its looking for a second chance, i don want to experiment with newbies again, or old retreats, i want someone young with energy and experience

Comment

• Lightnin'
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

...we've been to the Super Bowl one time. It was under a NC winning (two years hence) coach, Bobby Ross.

And no, Ross wasn't an "innovative, young offensive mind". He was well grounded in fundamentals and yes,
                      knew how to win into his 60's.

I'll dream on about Urban Meyer, who tends to burn-out as an NCAA coach but-if he could give us 4-6 great
                      years...and I believe he could; i'd be very, very happy...
                      San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Right now, I’d like to trade our #1 to New Orleans for Sean Payton. Come on, Brees is done, the Saints will be going downhill soon.
                        I would love Peyton and Peyton would love Herbert, but because coach's salaries come out of Spanos profits, not the cap, Spanos would never pay Payton or Reid which is why those future HOF aggressive coaches will never coach the Chargers.....

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
                          Well....Joey Harrington and Mariota should prove out Herbert as a bust then, correct? I mean, unsuccessful Oregon QBs mean they will all turn out to be shite, so all KC coordinators, because of Chicago's woes with Nagy, will be shite...

I don't buy that logic. By the way, Nagy inherited the hot mess that is Trubisky, and is trying to make due with a has been Foles...who knows what he could have done if the Bears had taken Watson...

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X