Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post

Great Quote

" The question now is will the Chargers screw it up" Cowherd
      I don't even like Cowherd, but he is spitting facts, when talks about the Coaching Staff.

We have a a franshise QB and can Lynn out coach Ried or Gruden? More than likey NO.

Can we win against KC or the Raiders? Yes, if we have ZERO Turnovers and Herbert is playing at slightly higher level we have seen and I really think he will be better when we face our divison foes to over come our Coaching Staff. Cleveland Cavilier Coach who nobody remebers Mike Brown got the Cavs to a NBA Finals not because he was a great coach, but he had a great player Lebron James. Herbert can be that for us, if we had a better coaching staff even with the injuries since Herbert has started we could be undefeated. Kind of burns me up to think this team could be at least 4-1 with a rookie

Cincy-Opening game win despite Tyrod Taylor and question coaching (play calling both sides of the ball) 1-0

Start of the Herber Era
      KC game up 17-9 halfway in the 3rd, up by a FG 4th quarter 2:27 left KC ties go to OT we refuse to go for it on 4th down lose the game by a FG (Should of won by not being conservative when up 17-9 Coaching loss this) should of been 2-0

Carolina lost 16-21 3 turnovers too much to over come (This is a loss period came out flat Lynn strong suit he is motivatior didn't show that week) First lost 2-1

TB up 24-7 just before the half lose the game 38-31 (Up by 17 key turnover before the half we are only up by 10 24-14 second half Coaching scared and conservative -coaching loss this) Could of been 3-1

NO Monday night up 20-3 in 2nd Quarter Saints score before half 20-10 ( Here we go again , miss XP and miss FG factor in but up 17 again coaching doing what they been doing -coaching loss)
      Could of been 4-1

Lot of speculation of what we could of been record wise, but KC loss we outplayed them but got out coached, The TB and NO game are they so awesome being able to come back 17 down or is it more so to do with how we Coach and let teams back in the game, more speculation but it makes me look more at our Coaching (lack of)

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I have season tickets to ASU and watched Herbert live twice. His sophomore year he was awesome and I thought he would be an amazing pro QB. Last year when ASU beat then #5 Oregon I thought he was horrible. He got outplayed by ASU super freshman Jayden Daniels. Walking out of the game one of my buddies asked what I thought of the future Cahrger QB Herbert. I told him he would be worse then Ryan Leaf and if the Chargers drafted him it would set their franchise back 10 years. He played well in the Rose Bowl, but his passing that game wasn't anything great.

On draft day I was hoping the Phins would take Herbert and Tua would like to LAC. Once the Phins took Tua I was hoping the Chargers would take Simmons. Luckily they took Herbert and he has me eating a massive amount of crow. Like others have said Herbert didn't have anywhere close to the talent around him that Burrrow or Tua had. He is 6'6" with a cannon of an arm and freakish athletic skills. Dude is smart and works his ass off. Some of the throws he has made the past four games only a handful of QB's could make.

The Chargers are entering their five year window with Herbert on his rookie deal. They smartly extended Bosa & KA. They need to strike with the iron is hot.............

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Cool perspectives !
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

I'd be more inclined to credit the coaching staff with Herbert's development if he didn't go through an unusually minimal offseason and received almost zero reps before being thrown into the fire and performing exceptionally well without being 'the guy' in practice. Says to me that's more about Herbert than it is about the practice reps.

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Meanwhile Herbert Jerseys selling out like crazy, been waiting 2 months for mine.

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                Meanwhile Herbert Jerseys selling out like crazy, been waiting 2 months for mine.
                One of my buddies said he was going to get me a jersey for my birthday back in June. He knew I wasn't happy with the pick and knew I am not really a jersey "guy"

I send him a gif with someone pumping lotion into their hand every time Herbie throws a dime saying "where is my jersey bitch"

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
                  I'd be more inclined to credit the coaching staff with Herbert's development if he didn't go through an unusually minimal offseason and received almost zero reps before being thrown into the fire and performing exceptionally well without being 'the guy' in practice. Says to me that's more about Herbert than it is about the practice reps.
                  interesting point.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

interesting point.
                    I think the offseason work with the QB consultant and Pep Hamilton are the biggest reasons for his early success.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                      Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Palm Springs
                      • I know nothing
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      I think the offseason work with the QB consultant and Pep Hamilton are the biggest reasons for his early success.
                      I think the QB consultants corrected a lot of his ills.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I've read or watched 10 or 15 pieces/videos about Herbert today. More than once the writer/analyst has credit the play-calling for Herbert's astounding success. The latest piece I read was from PFF.
                        Yeah the play calling is actually good...too bad our run game kinds sucks right now but the play action is still producing TDs.

The fact we are leading teams at halftime and these teams are with HOF caliber QBs which indicate we have a viable offense. We get exposed defensively in the second half.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Philip Rivers and his fast delivery as well as his physical limitations remind me more of Dan Marino.
                          agree on the fast delivery but Marino had a much stronger arm than Rivers.

Comment

Working...
                          X