POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

thx for that... will add two of those guys to my list of interviewees.... Shaw, Toub + Leslie Frazier & Joe Brady

would prolly have a sit down w/Campen as well, to round out my five.
    I, like Boltjolt, am still sitting here with my jaw on my lap, incredulous that household name Mike McCoy was chosen by Deano over Andy Reid as head coach.

What could Dean ever do or say that would make that decision OK?

Last seen in the NFL on October 19, 2018, McCoy was fired after offensive struggles with the team and was replaced by Cards new OC Byron Leftwich.

mccoy.jpg

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Selects their talent? No that is currently B. Beach’s job. Not that Andy doesn’t have input.
      Designs all their offensive plays? Where did you get this info? Reid has stated the Bieniemy is heavily involved with the offensive concepts and weekly game plans.
      Calls plays? True.
      Yes i posted an article on them here a few weks ago and Bieniemy is involved in the game plans and is involved in play designs to an extent that is unknown but he does not call the plays. Not sure if Andy just enjoys doing that and trusts himself more or feels EB isnt ready or whatever.
      No idea but that to me doesnt make EB a good HC candidate.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-17-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• SuckMyDitka
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

The great news for Chargers fans is you have a QB that will attract more candidates.

Bieniemy or Arthur Smith would do wonders for the offense

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Meanwhile, the short time GM John Dorsey spent in Cleveland is bearing fruit.

https://www.beaconjournal.com/news/2...old-for-browns

When the Haslams hired Dorsey on Dec. 7, 2017, the Browns had four games left in what would become the second 0-16 season in NFL history.

I'm for a complete housecleaning, dumping Telesco and hiring GM John Dorsey.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I, like Boltjolt, am still sitting here with my jaw on my lap, incredulous that household name Mike McCoy was chosen by Deano over Andy Reid as head coach.

Last seen in the NFL on October 19, 2018, McCoy was fired after offensive struggles with the team and was replaced by Cards new OC Byron Leftwich.

mccoy.jpg
            Andy Reid probably told the Spanos... I want to be involved with picking personnel/players and the rest is history, for KC. I was a Reid proponent as well because he did good in Philly except in playoffs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

mccoy.jpg
              As i posted in another thread, Dean probably asked Reid if he was willing to keep certain coaches of ours on his staff and Reid said NO and wanted to hire his own with names in mind and that is why he got passed over. Dean and Johnboy making these decisions is killing the franchise.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuckMyDitka View Post
                The great news for Chargers fans is you have a QB that will attract more candidates.

I wish I could get more people to research OC Arthur Smith. He's not a rocket scientist like Matt Patricia.

Instead, his dad owns FedEx and his family has minority ownership of the Washington football team. How's that for smarts?

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Andy Reid probably told the Spanos... I want to be involved with picking personnel/players and the rest is history, for KC. I was a Reid proponent as well because he did good in Philly except in playoffs.
                  Agreed. John Spanos saw no role for himself with Andy Reid as the head football man, and voted for the candidate who would not put John Spanos' adult fantasy camp as a as football executive, at risk.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

I wish I could get more people to research OC Arthur Smith. He's not a rocket scientist like Matt Patricia.

Instead, his dad owns FedEx and his family has minority ownership of the Washington football team. How's that for smarts?
                    So they can buy Chargers and then install son as HC is that any different from Spanos?

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

So they can buy Chargers and then install son as HC is that any different from Spanos?
                      Arrested-Development-Season-5-is-17-Episodes.jpg

LOL, having the Spanos Family running our beloved Chargers is like they were owned by the Bluth Family.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

As i posted in another thread, Dean probably asked Reid if he was willing to keep certain coaches of ours on his staff and Reid said NO and wanted to hire his own with names in mind and that is why he got passed over. Dean and Johnboy making these decisions is killing the franchise.
                        Deano the Dinosaur and Baby Spanos...too many cooks in the kitchen...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuckMyDitka View Post

But as we see, the game is more than about the offense. Its about defense and special teams.

Now, because of who Bieniemy works for and Reids track record as a mentor - I might be okay with him

Arthur Smith - hell no
                          Matt Eberflus - hell no

Get a head coach that understands it takes good assistants, understands game and clock management. I don't know how you interview for this stuff but its not working with Lynn

Comment

Working...
                          X