POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

In true Charger fashion, we'll wait to the end of the season, allow a "cooling off" period to remove emotion from the decision and then decide. If they actually have the balls to make the easy decision and fire Lynn, they'll have missed out on all the hot candidates that have already been hired by teams not owned by weenies.
    thats another thing that is annoying about Telesco
    he needs time to cool off - decompress - blah blah blah
    the patriots win the super bowl or lose and Hoodie's butt is already working on the next season like the wednesday after the Super Bowl

Telesco should be working on the cap, potential free agents on the roster to bring back, needs,, etc - now .

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

In true Charger fashion, we'll wait to the end of the season, allow a "cooling off" period to remove emotion from the decision and then decide. If they actually have the balls to make the easy decision and fire Lynn, they'll have missed out on all the hot candidates that have already been hired by teams not owned by weenies.
      I prefer they get this over too. But most of the hot candidates are not available until season’s end anyways, both at the professional and collegiate level. Mike Tomlin, for example, was not hired by the Steelers until Jan 27th.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

thats another thing that is annoying about Telesco
        he needs time to cool off - decompress - blah blah blah
        the patriots win the super bowl or lose and Hoodie's butt is already working on the next season like the wednesday after the Super Bowl

Telesco should be working on the cap, potential free agents on the roster to bring back, needs,, etc - now .
        Telesco isn’t going to be here either. New GM and HC after this year. It has to be done.

edit: I’m sure that’s what TT is currently doing regardless.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

I think coaches are way more cautious the second time. No one gets three chances, especially the ones that got 2-4 years and couldn't make a difference.

It's like a second marriage. You have a much better idea of what will work and what won't, and you realize it earlier. If they're smart they figure it out during the interview process, or before it.

Over the years the Chargers have hired some great coaches. I hope they do again, but the last 3 have been poor.

Rivera was on the staff in 2009. We let the guy who ran the #1 D that year get away. Winner Not Turner.

Arians was interviewed and we had a chance for Reid in 2013. We would have had to make Reid an amazing deal to get him to choose us over the Chiefs. We didn't. Winner Mike McCoy.

McDermott was interviewed in 2017. We also interviewed Mike Smith who had HC experience and had a decent run in ATL. Winner Anthony Lynn.

Looking back is always easier than looking forward, but I don't expect Lynn, McCoy, or Turner to ever be a HC again. The right guys were out there. Unless the Spanos figure out what they're doing wong picking a HC, we'll get the same result with the next coach. This seems to be a horrible year to pick a coach based on the applicant pool. I'm not expecting to be optimistic come March.
          Im a NO on Arians.

He is stubborn. He has a 6 time SB champ QB and he wants Tom to do things his way of running the offense while Tom has been trained his way to winning 6 rings and they are butting heads. They have a difference of play calling.

He is another that wears out his welcome.

Comment

• Don Corleone
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I guess I’m the only one that wouldn’t mind hiring Don “Wink” Martindale from Baltimore.
            The Ravens’ defense is always tough and physical.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Don Corleone View Post
              I guess I’m the only one that wouldn’t mind hiring Don “Wink” Martindale from Baltimore.
              I forget about him - good name from the DC path.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I like it but keeping the Spanos theme, I propose
                “Baby Hoodie”
                if he’s hired as HC
                "Baby Hoodie,"...not bad, 21...keep that one in the hopper for the future Nickname Thread...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Don, I wouldn't mind Wink, along with other names...a big upgrade over Lynn, and he does have several years as a DC...

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Great person for DC, but 99% of DC's only want a slow, boring, safe conservative offense that runs the ball and doews not turn it over......its very rare for a top DC to want an aggressive high scoring offense......

Look at a list of the top HC's of all time. All the greatest ones are aggressive offensive-minded guys because aggressive offensive-minded guys usually want an aggressive, tough nasty QB killing defense to compliment the high-scoring offense...... ONLY Bellycheat and Shula were open-minded enough to have an aggressive offense with their defense......

Bellycheat
                    Shula
                    Walsh
                    Gilman
                    Coryell
                    Gibbs
                    Reid
                    Holmgrin
                    Davis
                    etc.....too many to mention....

Coaches Chargers shiuld have kept:

Joe Gibbs
                    Frank Reich - should have been made HC and fired everyone else.....

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

He has been mentioned but he has also said he wouldnt leave Balt unless it was his dream job. Being a HC of the Chargers for Dean and family isnt a dream job.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Great person for DC, but 99% of DC's only want a slow, boring, safe conservative offense that runs the ball and doews not turn it over......its very rare for a top DC to want an aggressive high scoring offense......

Look at a list of the top HC's of all time. All the greatest ones are aggressive offensive-minded guys because aggressive offensive-minded guys usually want an aggressive, tough nasty QB killing defense to compliment the high-scoring offense...... ONLY Bellycheat and Shula were open-minded enough to have an aggressive offense with their defense......

Bellycheat
                        Shula
                        Walsh
                        Gilman
                        Coryell
                        Gibbs
                        Reid
                        Holmgrin
                        Davis
                        etc.....too many to mention....

Coaches Chargers shiuld have kept:

Joe Gibbs
                        Frank Reich - should have been made HC and fired everyone else.....
                        Tom Landry, Chuck Noll and Bill Parcells had success as defensive minded coaches. I’ll take slow and boring, as long as it works.
                        I don’t care if it’s ground and pound or an air it out offense. Things need to change and I would to have an aggressive defense.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has been mentioned but he has also said he wouldnt leave Balt unless it was his dream job. Being a HC of the Chargers for Dean and family isnt a dream job.
                          57 years old -- might not be too many opportunities for a "dream job"

Comment

Working...
                          X