POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s funny but completely untrue. You still have the Jags, Jets, and Detroit to name a few. We’re in a better position than a lot of teams.
    The Chargers job is very attractive. Potentially very good QB; difference makers like Bosa , Allen and if healthy DJ33. Ekeler is a very good player, Mike Williams. Defense and OL for sure need some upgrades but they have a lot going for them. Plenty of draft picks and cap space.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Urban Meyer turns down Texas University to be their HC next season.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/te...-for-a-plan-b/

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Keep hearing Josh McDaniels name pop up. All I can imagine is him while he was in Denver holding a play sheet in front of his face with no emotion.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Urban Meyer turns down Texas University to be their HC next season.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/te...-for-a-plan-b/
          I saw that. One can dream

I read the two jobs - and granted this was just one persons opinion - that Urban would look at college football for were USC and Texas. Well one of those is gone

Whether its the Chargers, Jets, Jags - whomever - for Urban Meyer - winning a Lombardi would have to be a bigger deal than anything else at a college. He has been there done that. One can dream....

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I saw that. One can dream

I read the two jobs - and granted this was just one persons opinion - that Urban would look at college football for were USC and Texas. Well one of those is gone

Whether its the Chargers, Jets, Jags - whomever - for Urban Meyer - winning a Lombardi would have to be a bigger deal than anything else at a college. He has been there done that. One can dream....
            Meyer is too smart to want to work for the Spanos. He isnt coming here even if he comes out of retirement.

Our franchise dont have a good rep thanks to the shit storm of the Spanos. I have more respect for Eli now for having a pair. Even if Daddy made the call.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-07-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
              Keep hearing Josh McDaniels name pop up. All I can imagine is him while he was in Denver holding a play sheet in front of his face with no emotion.
              I would take Hoodie Jr over any of the first time HC names I have been reading/hearing from the Coordinator ranks: Bieniemy, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, Eberflus, the Rams DC - except maybe Dave TOub

(but knowing the Chargers, they see they have a good young QB so they will have a woodie making sure they get an offensive minded head coach instead of good football coach)

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Meyer is too smart to want to work for the Spanos. He isnt coming here even if he comes put of retirement.

Our franchise dont have a good rep thanks to the shit storm of the Spanos. I have more respect for Eli now for having a pair. Even if Daddy made the call.
                Yep...word gets around about who are the smart, competent owners...and the owners who are clueless...

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

My favorite is still Toub
                  College Ranks: Matt Campbell
                  OC type: Bienemy, I think? Maybe Arthur Smith? I don't like Josh McDaniels. So I'm against him, not because of his qualifications, just me.
                  DC type: Todd Bowles is my leader. But Eberflus is intriguing. Not averse to Saleh either.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

This is about Cleveland but it is what we need as well:

“But what Stefanski has done here isn’t just jump-starting a dormant franchise. He is exorcising 20 years of demons and dumbasses. He is disinfecting a toxic culture.” You really need to subscribe to @TheAthleticCLE. Superb writing/analysis.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                      Or taking left over pizza from the lockeroom and putting it in his back pack to take home and eat.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        This is about Cleveland but it is what we need as well:

“But what Stefanski has done here isn’t just jump-starting a dormant franchise. He is exorcising 20 years of demons and dumbasses. He is disinfecting a toxic culture.” You really need to subscribe to @TheAthleticCLE. Superb writing/analysis.
                        20 years of top 5 draft picks finally paying off!
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would take Hoodie Jr over any of the first time HC names I have been reading/hearing from the Coordinator ranks: Bieniemy, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, Eberflus, the Rams DC - except maybe Dave TOub

(but knowing the Chargers, they see they have a good young QB so they will have a woodie making sure they get an offensive minded head coach instead of good football coach)
                          I like it but keeping the Spanos theme, I propose
                          “Baby Hoodie”
                          if he’s hired as HC
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X