POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

This is not a positive for me
    we don't need leadership that aligns with millennial culture
    we need leadership that prioritizes hard work and respects hierarchies and those are not hallmarks of any generation post X
    Rookies, you wanna friend to relate to? Find a vet, not a coach.
    You want to have fun or you want to win championships?
    the right guys will be attracted to a culture of work while the wrong ones will weed themselves out, eventually
    fair point, and.... his offense has gone from fifth, to fifteenth, and now 22nd in the League.... he has a history of poor personnel/roster decisions, and the question remains: what is he without BB ??

LA Chargers: Josh McDaniels would be a terrible coaching hire (boltbeat.com)

LA Chargers: Grading five potential 2021 head coaching hires (boltbeat.com)
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

I get all the why-nots, and that’s actually going to help us by keeping him available
      But I think he also has the best football acumen available outside of Bill himself, and I think that is a perfect match for what we have in Herbert
      I think we need a little mad scientist to reach Herbert’s ceiling

and Daniel Jeremiah has my vote for GM
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

I get all the why-nots, and that’s actually going to help us by keeping him available
        But I think he also has the best football acumen available outside of Bill himself, and I think that is a perfect match for what we have in Herbert

so no more Tommy T. ??

and you seem to be ok w/Patricia as DC.... Adam Gase as OC ?? and are they three blind mice w/no Mr. Bill to guide them on their ways ??

and football acumen is one thing, having a team of football players that think their HC is a jerk, isn't something I'm ready to embrace.... ever.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

so no more Tommy T. ??

and you seem to be ok w/Patricia as DC.... Adam Gase as OC ?? and are they three blind mice w/no Mr. Bill to guide them on their ways ??

and football acumen is one thing, having a team of football players that think their HC is a jerk, isn't something I'm ready to embrace.... ever.
          IF we move on from Telesco, which I don’t expect

yes on Patricia but have never mentioned Gase

To the last point, I completely agree, we need to find players who won’t cry when Patricia uses the “F word”

I know it’s a dramatic change, and many won’t ever be down for it, but I think that has a lot to do with our Charger DNA. Unpopular opinion warning: We hardcore Charger fans (including myself) have been conditioned to be satisfied with feel-good narratives.
          ”we never won a championship BUT we played with heart! We had character!” Etc etc
          Process over results
          very San Diego, very california
          To hell with that, just win
          Al had it right and our fates twisted when he left us.

no guarantees but
          Josh is a guy who can shock the system
          we’ll brake a few eggs on the way
          a few darius slays along the way
          but the mysterious Chargers curse we attribute to ownership, that I read about in every other post here is what I’m hoping to lift.
          you need an advantage over the others, and in our case it’s going to take a bold move like the one I’m proposing

think “Shock the system”
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

4 head coaching jobs for Carolina Panthers OC Joe Brady in 2021 (catcrave.com)

pls read this to the end.... How the LSU Tigers' offense completely changed thanks to Joe Brady (espn.com)

Carolina Panthers: 4 dream replacements if Joe Brady leaves in 2021 (catcrave.com)

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

IF we move on from Telesco, which I don’t expect

yes on Patricia but have never mentioned Gase

To the last point, I completely agree, we need to find players who won’t cry when Patricia uses the “F word”

I know it’s a dramatic change, and many won’t ever be down for it, but I think that has a lot to do with our Charger DNA. Unpopular opinion warning: We hardcore Charger fans (including myself) have been conditioned to be satisfied with feel-good narratives.
              ”we never won a championship BUT we played with heart! We had character!” Etc etc
              Process over results
              very San Diego, very california
              To hell with that, just win
              Al had it right and our fates twisted when he left us.

no guarantees but
              Josh is a guy who can shock the system
              we’ll brake a few eggs on the way
              a few darius slays along the way
              but the mysterious Chargers curse we attribute to ownership, that I read about in every other post here is what I’m hoping to lift.
              you need an advantage over the others, and in our case it’s going to take a bold move like the one I’m proposing

think “Shock the system”
              Agreed. I am usually not a torch and pitchfork guy with regards to ownership, management, and coaching....but last week this team had it's head down , feet draggin...there is something really wrong there. Lynn has lost them, and he should be gone. TT, regardless of bad injury luck with regards to his selections, should either be gone, or on ultimatum. It is time to shake things up. We got crazy lottery lucky landing Herbert the draft after we let Rivers go. We have a chance to build around him, and possibly attract good football people and coaches here...looks like the Spanos get a chance to change the fortunes of this team...or fuck it up all over again. Fingers crossed....

The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

I voted Saleh...hopefully he isn't as attached to his origins in Michigan as some in media have suggested. If he commands the genuine like and respect of a volatile character like Sherman, he can bring a spark to this teams locker room...

Toub and Bienemy? I don't believe for a minute that either one of these guys wants to coach in the same division as Reid, but we'll see....
                The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

drafting QBs for the Chargers was a hit or miss proposition a time or coupla few as well.... LaFleur, Shanahan, McVay and Kingsbury have all had success.... what makes you think that Brady will be a fail ??

personally would love to see what he could do w/Joshua Kelly and KJ Hill, let alone what he could do w/Keenan and JH.

dude has made his players better wherever he went.... he works w/what he's got and tops out.

don't see Josh McD connecting w/players so much.... Brady got rave reviews for how he hung w/players much younger than him, and gotta believe his age will be a plus w/our (just) fortysomething year olds in our FO, aka team Tommy John.

he splits the difference in age between our younger/rookie players and our age old vets and FO staff.

Jerry West traded a popular and productive Vlade Divac for some young teenage basketballer named Kobe Bryant.... some GMs make good decisions.... age and experience are no guarantee.
                  Comber - I just look at the data of the Chargers with first time HCs from the OC path - most have not succeeded

For the Chargers - I think experience matters. Coryell, Ross and Marty. Thats all I am going on. Joe Brady if hired would come in and need two months to figure out where the bathroom is . I want a coach who on Day 1 knows exactly what it means to be a HC.

Kelly, Caldwell, even maybe Harbaugh if you want 4 good years -- thats who I am looking at still. If the Chargers go down the path of the first time HC from the OC route, Daboll makes sense. Field Yates even brought up Marvin Lewis - as did Daniel Jeremiah. Interesting thought .

Brady, Arthur Smith, Eberflus - really don't do much for me because of the history of the Chargers.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I like the idea of Jeremiah as he knows the team so well. Two years as radio analyst puts him well ahead of anybody out there going into the job.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Cowher’s name is being bandied about for the Jets. If he’s ready to come back we should go for it. He fits the Bill. Win for the chin

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Cowher’s name is being bandied about for the Jets. If he’s ready to come back we should go for it. He fits the Bill. Win for the chin
                        He might be out of the game a bit too long for my tastes

When McCoy was being hired - at the time I thought of Billick - but that was 8 years ago (a long long long 8 years of football for the most part)

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He might be out of the game a bit too long for my tastes

When McCoy was being hired - at the time I thought of Billick - but that was 8 years ago (a long long long 8 years of football for the most part)
                          Yep it’s an issue but he has been covering the game the entire time he’s been out

Comment

Working...
                          X