Front Office: Who Decides on the Next Chargers Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

agree that Dorsey has some similarities to AJ, and.... not so sure that an element of that isn't needed/helpful in the current FO ??

and agree again that Telesco, 'specially post AJ, has some rather redeeming/helpful skills as well, and.... that's the question: who knows how to draft ??

the name that eye have volunteered as Asst. GM is Daniel Jeremiah ??
    Look what Dorsey did in two years in Cleveland. Two years. To turn around the culture in two years? Wow. Yes, Dorsey can be abrasive as AJ. But, Nice guys don't get paid.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Outside the box thinking for this organization: maybe hire a HC first and have him pick the GM. That’s what KC did with Reid, Seattle with Carroll, and Buffalo with McDermott.
      nice in theory, but in reality we pretty much have our de facto GM set in stone, and his name is John Spanos.... Telesco is more like his (much appreciated btw) wingman who is hardly anything much in the way of intrepid or a maverick GM, and so....

even if you get rid of Telesco, not sure you're making any great shakes/changes in the FO decision making process, and what is more likely is that you can bring in an Eric DeCosta type of guy that has a bright mind and that would really contribute something in the way of drafting prescience ??

and not sure that Jeremiah is any something much a draft savant, but am fairly certain he would mesh well w/team Tommy John, as don't see any real reason to jettison Telesco, unless he is the one putting young Spanos in check, which I somehow doubt is anything but an absurd premise/assumption....
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

nice in theory, but in reality we pretty much have our de facto GM set in stone, and his name is John Spanos....
        I hate to cherry-pick posts but we should get this sentiment tattooed on our arm.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

09_FanFest_164_400x400.jpg

@JohnDeanSpanos

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

agree that Dorsey has some similarities to AJ, and.... not so sure that an element of that isn't needed/helpful in the current FO ??

and agree again that Telesco, 'specially post AJ, has some rather redeeming/helpful skills as well, and.... that's the question: who knows how to draft ??

the name that eye have volunteered as Asst. GM is Daniel Jeremiah ??
            With Dorsey, I hear a guy who couldn’t manage the cap, wasn’t open to ideas especially anything involving analytics, and made personal bad decisions in not only the HC but also drama with Reid and the KC players.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Look what Dorsey did in two years in Cleveland. Two years. To turn around the culture in two years? Wow. Yes, Dorsey can be abrasive as AJ. But, Nice guys don't get paid.
              He got fired at his last two stops for a reason. His lone choice at HC was a disaster. Also see my other posts.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He got fired at his last two stops for a reason. His lone choice at HC was a disaster. Also see my other posts.
                And?

See my long list of posts stating that Dorsey admits the bad HC hire was on him and he left when they restructured the office. You wanna slag Dorsey around me, it falls on deaf ears.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

nice in theory, but in reality we pretty much have our de facto GM set in stone, and his name is John Spanos.... Telesco is more like his (much appreciated btw) wingman who is hardly anything much in the way of intrepid or a maverick GM, and so....

even if you get rid of Telesco, not sure you're making any great shakes/changes in the FO decision making process, and what is more likely is that you can bring in an Eric DeCosta type of guy that has a bright mind and that would really contribute something in the way of drafting prescience ??

and not sure that Jeremiah is any something much a draft savant, but am fairly certain he would mesh well w/team Tommy John, as don't see any real reason to jettison Telesco, unless he is the one putting young Spanos in check, which I somehow doubt is anything but an absurd premise/assumption....
                  John basically runs the team now. Just like Dean took over for Alex. The next GM and HC will report to him. That’s not necessarily a bad thing and is a normal setup for a lot of family owners. It only becomes a problem if John turns out to be like Jerry Jones. From what I hear, he’s not.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

And?

See my long list of posts stating that Dorsey admits the bad HC hire was on him and he left when they restructured the office. You wanna slag Dorsey around me, it falls on deaf ears.
                    Falls on deaf ear? Then what was the point of this thread then if not for discussion and disagreement? Did you just want an echo chamber?

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I'm trying to point out the two decision makers who are ultimately responsible and need to be held accountable are Tom Telesco and John Spanos. John being allowed to run the team as a hobby must end.
                      Just an FYI, they have that backwards. TT chose McCoy, while John was involved with getting Lynn. Both bad choices with Lynn a slight upgrade but ultimately a failure.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

OMG!.... no old conservative dinosaurs that have no clue how to score points and that that is the most important thing in NFL today with todays rules...... you have to out score teams to win.....

and BTW, Lynn is almost a clone of Marty.......if Taylor had not gotten hurt, Lynn had no intention of playing Herbert ever....... Lynn would have been happy winning or losing every game by low boring close scores of 13-10......

don't replace a dinosaur with a dinosaur....
                        Exactly. People who want another old school HC like Marty are missing the fact that we currently have one in Lynn.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Seriously just get rid of TT and Lynn now, and start the search early.

Comment

Working...
                          X