Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Ir's the only one we can make re 2020 production. It is what it is.
    Not the only reason to like Daboll but it's early in the process. If you have a fav, trot him out and tell us about him.
    I have no favs as I don’t possess the information I would need to make, an even remote, assessment of their fit to be a HC.
    Ill support whomever he turns out to be.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

The plus about Daboll is that he knows how to make adjustments. 15 different plays out of the I-formation to beat blitzburg was a sight to see. I'm wondering how much say so Steichen had in the playbook knowing Lynn wanted to implement running the ball when ever he could. I'm a true believer of using the personnel you have to the best of their ability that's something Daboll does well I read and he stands by that.
      ^ This...it's all about deception and execution. Personnel helps a lot also. So many times, the LynnStitch offense was SO predictable...whenever I saw Herbie back there in the shotgun, Rivers also, I KNEW that it was going to be either a pass or the old, ineffective shotgun handoff...but the I-formation, so many variables you can run...you can use play action and pass, shift both backs into split formation to pass block, send one out for a hot route, or put him in motion and runs a deeper pass route, hand off to FB, hand off to HB, swing pass, screen pass...just so many options...I've been a big fan of the I for a long time, IF it's run correctly...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I have no favs as I don’t possess the information I would need to make, an even remote, assessment of their fit to be a HC.
        Ill support whomever he turns out to be.
        At the end of the day, feel the same...but no harm in spitballin', eh?

In general, if they dont have HC experience, I would hope for a long "been there, done that" resume, including success and failure at different levels of coaching...Daboll comes to mind, but we'll see....just excited for the changeup.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Silversurfer
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Los Angeles
          • Send PM

Did any of you guys listen to the T.T interview? Am I the only one not on board with him anymore? Reporters brought up some valid questions like the O-line and Special Teams, as he said he has failed miserably in those departments. One thing re assuring he said though was that who ever the coach they will be able to bring in their own coaching staff.

Last edited by Silversurfer; 01-07-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

At the end of the day, feel the same...but no harm in spitballin', eh?

In general, if they dont have HC experience, I would hope for a long "been there, done that" resume, including success and failure at different levels of coaching...Daboll comes to mind, but we'll see....just excited for the changeup.
            I do have a favorite and they boil down to being in the either a HC or an assistant with a longer track record. Daboll, Harbaugh, Bieniemy, Eberflus, even Garrett.

I know I am better at my job now than I was 10 years ago. Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, Staley, even Saleh - one of or two of those guys are going to be good coaches and shut my dumb ass up! It will happen

But going by Chargers history - previous head coaching experience seems to matter. It just does. Daboll hasn't been a HC but as Miser said, he does have experience more than a couple years. Mike McCoy was OC for 2-3 years; Lynn was a RB coach and OC for one year. I get he coached in the league longer

Thats why Harbaugh is up near the top of the list in spite of the fact that I know he is good for 4-5 years
            Daboll is up there
            And its why I don't hate Garrett if the choice is Staley, Brady, Smith or Garrett. He has worked for a meddlesome owner. Telesco might be better to deal with. I don't want Garrett but I don't want Joe Brady either.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Jim Harbaugh still hasn't committed to Michigan, fingers crossed! This is the best logic and reasoning I have read online in regards to Jim Harbaugh being the Chargers new HC!...

Quote:

Jim Harbaugh- Michigan Wolverines head coach

The Wolverines head coach is said to be in negotiations for an extension, but Harbaugh has to have a burning desire to return to the NFL. He has unfinished business. He went to the Super Bowl with the San Francisco 49ers in 2012.

When Harbaugh arrived at San Francisco, they had a talented core, which he was able to make trades and sign players to piece it together. The Chargers have a better core than the 49ers had when he joined them. The Chargers have a better quarterback than the 49ers had at any point.

The Chargers aren't complete, but they have some key building blocks, the 13th overall pick in the draft, and some cap space. They also have a fan base yearning for an out of the box type of coach after having Mike McCoy and Anthony Lynn as their coach.

Harbaugh doesn't overstay his welcome, but he will get the most out of this team. It would also be awesome to see him play catch with Herbert pregame.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Los Angeles
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                Jim Harbaugh still hasn't committed to Michigan, fingers crossed! This is the best logic and reasoning I have read online in regards to Jim Harbaugh being the Chargers new HC!...

Quote:

Jim Harbaugh- Michigan Wolverines head coach

The Wolverines head coach is said to be in negotiations for an extension, but Harbaugh has to have a burning desire to return to the NFL. He has unfinished business. He went to the Super Bowl with the San Francisco 49ers in 2012.

When Harbaugh arrived at San Francisco, they had a talented core, which he was able to make trades and sign players to piece it together. The Chargers have a better core than the 49ers had when he joined them. The Chargers have a better quarterback than the 49ers had at any point.

The Chargers aren't complete, but they have some key building blocks, the 13th overall pick in the draft, and some cap space. They also have a fan base yearning for an out of the box type of coach after having Mike McCoy and Anthony Lynn as their coach.

Harbaugh doesn't overstay his welcome, but he will get the most out of this team. It would also be awesome to see him play catch with Herbert pregame.
                Yeah he is waiting on NFL interest before he commits. Word I heard is that he wants the Chargers coaching job and if offered he will take it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Yeah he is waiting on NFL interest before he commits. Word I heard is that he wants the Chargers coaching job and if offered he will take it.
                  The above posts are what I think too. The Chargers have a lot of players signed the next 3-4 years (Bosa, Allen, Ekeler, Tranquill, James, and oh yeah, Herbert). They have the cap space to add or bring back key free agents. They have the draft picks to get it done as well

Harbaugh might be a short window but to me, this team would win the next 3-4 years with him as coach like he did the first few years in SF. I still like Daboll but if its Harbaugh, would be excited.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Did any of you guys listen to the T.T interview? Am I the only one not on board with him anymore? Reporters brought up some valid questions like the O-line and Special Teams, as he said he has failed miserably in those departments. One thing re assuring he said though was that who ever the coach they will be able to bring in their own coaching staff.

He has failed miserably. And I don't trust him to be honest. But he has one more chance to hit on OL, Special Teams and help pick the HC.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He has failed miserably. And I don't trust him to be honest. But he has one more chance to hit on OL, Special Teams and help pick the HC.
                      TT & JIM HARBAUGH to me could be a winning combo for the next decade... Like the writer mentioned about Harbaugh & the Chargers he would be falling into a better situation than he ever had in SF and he made that team Amazing. . . It would be so nice IF TT in the next day or 2 aggressively asks for an interview and actually sits down with Mr. Harbaugh. Furthermore, this is the time for Dean Spanos to follow his Father and adapt like when they brought in Beathard. It would be so nice also if Dean actually comes out and states he wants Jim Harbaugh or Urban Meyer etc. and puts his stamp on the new Coach hire, and the new culture begins?

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

Looks like Brady is heading to Houston or they maybe leaning that way based on twitter. Meyer looks to be going to JAX, unless they go with Daboll.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

This thread has as many "I heard" kind of tips as you get at the racetrack! :lol:
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X