• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Bieniemy had a series of run-ins with the law at Colorado and in San Diego: bar fights, shoving a fire fighter, grabbing a female parking attendant. He was banned from the U of Colorado campus for one year because of the last incident. He never has seemed to stay very long in one place before joining Andy Reid's staff.
    There were several more bar fights and incidents with Bieniemy than the public knows about. I have a family member who used to be a bartender at one of the bars in PB where a lot of players went after practice and he was always out of control (along with several other big name players who I won't throw under the bus). Hopefully he has grown up and learned from it - Lord knows I did a lot of stupid stuff when I was in college, though nothing like he has.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Bieniemy’s history of assault fits right into the KC mold of mental illness

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/3683231002

Don’t drink from the poisoned well

edit: but everyones worried about hiring Josh because he chickened out of an agreement
      give me a break
      come back when he’s been found to be assaulting women and children
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Bieniemy’s history of assault fits right into the KC mold of mental illness

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/3683231002

Don’t drink from the poisoned well

edit: but everyones worried about hiring Josh because he chickened out of an agreement
        give me a break
        come back when he’s been found to be assaulting women and children
        If Telesco is involved with the hiring - I hope he goes down the path of hiring he has a connection too. I understand the Spanii are in the building but he didn't have a connection to either McCoy or Lynn. Nobody did. Now that doesn't mean you need too.

But this is a pretty big hire -- Telesco has connections with Daboll and McDaniels; I think he also is connected to Brian Kelly or at least the football program he has contacts. He might also have been with Indy during the Caldwell era in Indy as well as playing college football with another coach, Greg Roman

Wow - John Carroll - quite the NFL pathway

But if Telesco is involved - this would be his third choice - hire somebody he knows better than he knew Lynn and McCoy. Caldwell, Kelly, Daboll or Josh - those are my picks for the Chargers HC if Lynn is fired and Telesco is kept

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

If Telesco is not fired and he picks the next coach, it will be his last one if it is not a good one. I don't see him letting a junior Spanos make the choice. He will rise or fall with this one.

Did not mean to start a storm with my research on Joshy and Bienemy. Just sharing facts I read, not opinions I wrote (other than Daboll. Sorry, Ghost, one year at Alabama and leaving because he disagree with Saban is not a convincer for me. Daboll has bounced all around and until this year he just has not lit it up. He has Patriot tree failure written all over him but that IS my opinion). The names I hear most often are these three.

I actually went into this wanted Bienemy but what I read has soured me. And the interview part is not can he do a TV interview. Obviously he can and does it well. It is the JOB interview part that was referenced in my reading. He did not do a good job convincing several prospective employers he was the right man.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            If Telesco is not fired and he picks the next coach, it will be his last one if it is not a good one. I don't see him letting a junior Spanos make the choice. He will rise or fall with this one.

Did not mean to start a storm with my research on Joshy and Bienemy. Just sharing facts I read, not opinions I wrote (other than Daboll. Sorry, Ghost, one year at Alabama and leaving because he disagree with Saban is not a convincer for me. Daboll has bounced all around and until this year he just has not lit it up. He has Patriot tree failure written all over him but that IS my opinion). The names I hear most often are these three.

I actually went into this wanted Bienemy but what I read has soured me. And the interview part is not can he do a TV interview. Obviously he can and does it well. It is the JOB interview part that was referenced in my reading. He did not do a good job convincing several prospective employers he was the right man.

TG
            My top guys today - as they have been for a couple weeks are Brian Kelly and Jim Caldwell. Added Harbaugh this week because I think he would bring some splash the Spanii want, 3-4 years of good teams before he wears out his welcome. But hey, got to get to the playoffs to win the ring and Harbaugh probably improves the team

I include Daboll on the list for two reasons: 1) he has ties to Telesco 2) he is an OC type that would be cheaper and since that seems to be the model for Spanos over the last 30 years - he is the one I like the most of names like Bieniemy, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady

Caldwell might be boring but he has won in the NFL before. Mentored many QBs too

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              So even though Norv was offense, McCoy was offense, Lynn was also from offense side. We are mostly looking offense again even though with a rookie QB they are 4th in passing yards and 10th in passing TDs behind a suspect o-line.

Would think defense type HC might be of more use if they make a change.

And think it takes a bit more than coaching to improve the defense. Ingram and James provided nothing this year. The defense only has one real impact player on field, Bosa.
              ​​​​Their best corner Hayward is not the same player from 2016,2017. When he had 11int and 42 passes defended.
              In 2019, 2020 he has 2int and 14 passes defended. That is a huge drop off in playmaking but I think it has something to do with complimentary football. Front and back end. In 2016,2017 when Hayward had those 11int. Ingram and Bosa combine for 42 sacks in those same seasons. Last year when Hayward had 2int, Ingram and Bosa still combined for 18 sacks. This year Hayward has 0int and Ingram has 0 sacks. Bosa has 7.5 sacks. Really think a pass rusher opposite Bosa is a must to get the defense making a lot more plays again. Think an upgrade at CB could help too.
              And of course new HC will need some health and upgrade on the o-line.
              And FG kicking. If Badgely has the yips and can't get back on track, even with a new coach. Then they need to replace him asap with a consistent kicker. Someone who can make around 85-90% year in and year out. Easier said than done but it can and must be accomplished to get this team where it needs to be.

Norv, McCoy, and Lynn were also all conservative coaches and did not have as much adaptability when it came to important aspects of the game. With Norv, for example, it was sticking to his vertical passing game even when we did not have the personnel for it. All three also had the tendency to play not to lose, and did not use analytics enough for situational football.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The conservative thing is a killer, you are right. Late in the game the other day, Reid went for it on 4th down and then was able to run out the clock. Lynn/Norv/McCoy all would have punted and hoped the defense could hold the other team. Reid showed confidence in his OFFENSE to hold the other team from even taking the field. You don't have to be a crazy, river boat gambler, but showing some spine like Reid would be so welcomed. Oh and he called a great play, not Ballage up the middle or a power option to a RB not known for quickness or cuts.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  The conservative thing is a killer, you are right. Late in the game the other day, Reid went for it on 4th down and then was able to run out the clock. Lynn/Norv/McCoy all would have punted and hoped the defense could hold the other team. Reid showed confidence in his OFFENSE to hold the other team from even taking the field. You don't have to be a crazy, river boat gambler, but showing some spine like Reid would be so welcomed. Oh and he called a great play, not Ballage up the middle or a power option to a RB not known for quickness or cuts.

TG
                  Arguable - Lynns best play he ever called was going for two to win the game at KC. Granted, the playoffs were pretty much a lock - had the Ravens and Denver I think left on the schedule and they blew it against the Ravens. But instead of playing for the tie, the coin flip, playing offense or defense - he went for the win. One play instead of a bunch of plays

He has since regressed from that aggression. Being aggressive doesn't mean reckless. It means being calculated with strategy. And I am of the opinion, maybe I am wrong, but the more you put your teams in those positions to succeed: going for it on 4th down, going for two - -the more comfortable they get. Like you said, its not Riverboat Ron or how Peterson coaches - but it is calculated gambles

I still don't understand why a coach doesn't go for two more after touchdowns.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Ultimately we would like to hire a HC that can be here for years and years like Carroll, Tomlin, etc. They have to make the right choice and not be cheap. JohnBoy NEEDS to step back and let Telesco do most the evals on a HC and Telesco has to draft better.....or we will be looking for a GM too.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Are you aware of who Jeff Allen is? That's the whole point.
                      I thought the point was that Bienemy is well spoken and the scuttle butt about him interviewing poorly is probably not accurate.

But Bienemy is too short. ""Dont want no short people" -- R. Newman

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Ultimately we would like to hire a HC that can be here for years and years like Carroll, Tomlin, etc. They have to make the right choice and not be cheap. JohnBoy NEEDS to step back and let Telesco do most the evals on a HC and Telesco has to draft better.....or we will be looking for a GM too.
                        That would be ideal actually, Both Tomlin and Carroll have had big time

Pete Carroll was 59 when he started working for the Seahawks

Brian Kelly is 59 this year... thats my guy until the answer from him is NO - NO DEAL!!

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

The end all/be all on everything Chiefs related?
                          Sorry my opinion rattled your cage, I’ll try to fix that next time
                          Nah, I had a rough day yesterday. This is my 10th month in-a-row in lockdown and I'm a little salty. Please bear with him.

Comment

Working...
                          X