• La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Eberflus this upcoming Monday:
    So he declined the Texans. Very interesting as I saw that Watson was venting over his lack of input on the GM pick. You wonder if he sees the fact that the QB wants that kind of juice in the decision processes and he said "no thanks". Perhaps a precursor of how Watson would act in the locker room and sideline.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

So he declined the Texans. Very interesting as I saw that Watson was venting over his lack of input on the GM pick. You wonder if he sees the fact that the QB wants that kind of juice in the decision processes and he said "no thanks". Perhaps a precursor of how Watson would act in the locker room and sideline.
      I think its because he doesn't want to work for a clown show of an organization

I mean, Eberflus can talk to Siriani and Frank Reich about working for the Chargers and he still said yes. So that tells you something

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

I could be wrong but could anyone please tell me When the Spanos have ever hired a HC who had no head coaching experience, and Won consistently?

And now it looks like we are going to steal the Bills OC, again and claim we have a new culture? Thinking about things it seems to me the only time the Spanos EVER had any real success is when they hired a HC that had actually had a winning season with another team and actually was a HC before? Let me think that last coach to win consistently here and hired under the Spanos was NORV TURNER. He wasn't really a consistent winning coach but I believe he coached a team to the playoffs before. I would love this one time for Dean Spanos to swoop in and tell all the Jr.'s He wants Jim Harbaugh here, make it happen.

Instead TT & Spanos Jr's are lining up 12 or so interviews. Please bring in a former HC this time. Please.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

It’s not Watson. It’s the FO specifically Easterby that’s the problem.
          Last edited by Xenos; 01-08-2021, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Translated, 1 of the hottest candidates predetermined and sent to the front of the new HC line this year is sought after by all the non-playoff end of line teams, and maybe 1 of the worst run teams is having issues with their generational QB and can't make the right decisions. I guess the good news here is the Chargers are considered the #1 nonplayoff team looking for a new HC right now, so honestly we can have any front of the line coordinator this season we interview or want. Together with that an a token we may be able to ride the subway. If TT goes down this road and is allowed to do what he did last time, maybe he should of been fired this season with his hire Lynn. TT is 50% responsible for our current situation and he's going down the same road again, (it looks like) sigh.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
              I could be wrong but could anyone please tell me When the Spanos have ever hired a HC who had no head coaching experience, and Won consistently?

And now it looks like we are going to steal the Bills OC, again and claim we have a new culture? Thinking about things it seems to me the only time the Spanos EVER had any real success is when they hired a HC that had actually had a winning season with another team and actually was a HC before? Let me think that last coach to win consistently here and hired under the Spanos was NORV TURNER. He wasn't really a consistent winning coach but I believe he coached a team to the playoffs before. I would love this one time for Dean Spanos to swoop in and tell all the Jr.'s He wants Jim Harbaugh here, make it happen.

Instead TT & Spanos Jr's are lining up 12 or so interviews. Please bring in a former HC this time. Please.
              Your wish is granted. Enter Jason Garrett.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I have been preaching this for weeks now. As much as I like Daboll - and I do think his experience makes him better prepared than both McCoy and Lynn - the data clearly shows that Bobby Ross, Marty Schottenheimer and even Norv Turner were better coaches than Kevin Gilbride, Mike McCoy and Anthony Lynn

My original list had names like Marvin Lewis, Jim Caldwell, Chuck Pagano - because they had coached teams to the playoffs

Now I know two of the following four names: Saleh, Staley, Brady and Smith - they are going to make me eat my words. But for the Chargers, I am tired of hoping

Thats why when Harbaugh didn't sign with Michigan - he became an option to me.

Now just because a guy has experience - Gase for instance, Bowles - doesn't mean I want them. But all things equal, as you point out, .....

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Your wish is granted. Enter Jason Garrett.
                  We’re getting a ring my friend. Finally. :nod:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

We’re getting a ring my friend. Finally. :nod:
                    If its Jason Garrett - all we can do is "clap clap clap" for that. I would think Garrett would bring in Kris Richard maybe for his defense - that would be good. I doubt Wade but that would be the ultimate hire for DC if Garrett is hire and he brought Wade. That would soften the blow for me

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

You just say this because of seeing all the success the Cowboys had by hiring a HC with prior experience. :biggrin:
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

As a fan on the outside looking in, its begining to look like the Chargers probably will be hiring one of the coordinators still playing otherwise if it was going to be a big name college coach or someone like Urban Meyer, Harbaugh or BB they would have been hired already. It is looking like at this point as Chargers fans we may be playing into Albert Einstein's theory YET AGAIN with these owners???

IF at this point the Chargers could have hired a Harbaugh, Meyer etc. wouldn't it have been so refreshing if the Chargers would have hired a big name coach already telling the league this is OUR NEW COACH and this is the guy we want as opposed to waiting for the Bills not to win the superbowl and lose then hire their OC.
                        Not buying this at all but you can scratch Harbaugh off the list as he just inked a 5 year extention w/ Michigan. ......as odd as that sounds that they would do that.
                        And why wouldnt they do their due dilligents instead of just hurrying up and hire someone?

TT said in his conference call that they arent in a hurry and the Colts put a great staff together in mid February when they hired Reich, and now we are interviewing their DC. Telesco needs to get the right guy or he will be fired next so i get it.

Comment

• Lyth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not buying this at all but you can scratch Harbaugh off the list as he just inked a 5 year extention w/ Michigan. ......as odd as that sounds that they would do that.
                          And why wouldnt they do their due dilligents instead of just hurrying up and hire someone?

TT said in his conference call that they arent in a hurry and the Colts put a great staff together in mid February when they hired Reich, and now we are interviewing their DC. Telesco needs to get the right guy or he will be fired next so i get it.
                          I'd guess he had no interest working for the Spanos. It's the only thing that makes sense. How've got a decent, young roster to start working with. A QB who looks really good. Could be the money, but more likely he knows how they operate.

Comment

Working...
                          X