• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

By your own standards of both parties working well together, a good coach should have raised them up too? So if the qb is to blame for him being bad doesn’t he deserve half of it? He was a part of the fiascos, I don’t see where he took a bad qb and took them to 8-8 or 9-7 and a wild card berth.

that would be impressive, any offensive coordinator can take bad qbs to bad records or a good qb to good records.

In other words he’s responsible for what he did or didn’t do.
    It probably helps that he helped mold and develop a raw prospect like Allen into a super star currently. The progression every year is impressive.

Also this:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It probably helps that he helped mold and develop a raw prospect like Allen into a super star currently. The progression every year is impressive.

Also this:
      https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...03#post1165303
      I hope Daboll doesn’t cause Herbert to regress to Allen’s level
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Maybe we should be interviewing the Bills DC for our Head coaching job as well...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Disco Volante
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2020
          • Send PM

Daboll going for the kill. Love it.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Maybe we should be interviewing the Bills DC for our Head coaching job as well...
            Nah. Frazier’s a nice guy but it’s a lateral move with him as HC.

Comment

• therber219
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2017
              • Iowa
              • Send PM

I'm sure most people here will disagree, but as of now, I would rather see the team hire Staley over Daboll. The upside to the defensive side is much bigger than the offensive swing with Daboll. Even if Staley kept Steichen, what's the worst that we get? Another season with a top 10 passing offense? One that more than likely won't shut down with second half leads due to the head coaches affinity for the run game? This was Steichen's first year, and anyone who thinks Lynn didn't have a big hand in how the play calling went, I think is delusional.
              All in all, I think the best route now would be Staley, but I'm a fan no matter what.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Disco Volante View Post
                Daboll going for the kill. Love it.
                Up 14 with 6 min left 1st and ten throw a bomb to the end zone...Thought to myself, "That's not a call Anthony Lynn would make"
                Still won by 14

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post
                  I'm sure most people here will disagree, but as of now, I would rather see the team hire Staley over Daboll. The upside to the defensive side is much bigger than the offensive swing with Daboll. Even if Staley kept Steichen, what's the worst that we get? Another season with a top 10 passing offense? One that more than likely won't shut down with second half leads due to the head coaches affinity for the run game? This was Steichen's first year, and anyone who thinks Lynn didn't have a big hand in how the play calling went, I think is delusional.
                  All in all, I think the best route now would be Staley, but I'm a fan no matter what.
                  I'm in agreement with you, but doubtful he'll be hired by all appearances, unfortunately. I'll probably have to adopt a second hometeam to keep following Staley, just like I did with Ron Rivera. Still a fan of ole Riverboat Ron, I was a big proponent on the old CMB to promoting Ron Rivera to head coach and firing Norv in 2010.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I see your logic
                    the good news is that theyre both technically still in play
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Staley isn’t a bad pick up. He’s my #3 choice. But it’s an offensive league. We need someone to take Herbert and this offense to the next level.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Staley isn’t a bad pick up. He’s my #3 choice. But it’s an offensive league. We need someone to take Herbert and this offense to the next level.
                        Agreed.
                        I thinks is far from a foregone conclusion that Herbert will be elite.
                        without proper support he can turn into a Matt Stafford.
                        we’re talking MVP potential in Herbert right now, let’s not take chances
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2020
                          • Send PM

If my calc. is correct 4 o7 HC positions have been filled. My final 3 are Daboll, Staley and Garrett. Am not a fan of choosing another HC without HC experience, so Garrett.
                          My concern is by the time we get around to hiring HC, most of the really good Coordinators will be gone. Staff will be a crap shoot unless we keep a few of our current coaches.

Comment

Working...
                          X