• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Welcome aboard Brandon Staley, hope you have the right stuff to be a solid HC here. At this point you are 0-0 and I hope the players and city all respond to what you put in place here.

The Chargers HC job was supposed to be the #1 job this offseason in the NFL and the Chargers could have hired anyone. They went with this guy I hope he hires a great OC who wants to work here for at least the next 5 years, and puts a system in place like the Rams did that blossoms, fingers crossed. BIG?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
      NFL insider Tom Pelissero tweeted that Steichen is a strong internal option for the Bolts. The Athletic’s Michael Lombardi said on the Hammer Dahn Podcast that the Chargers made it clear in the hiring process that they want to keep their offensive coaching staff.

https://boltbeat.com/2021/01/18/la-c...ichen-mistake/
      Spani caught with their fingers in the cookie jar again...next thing u know, Baby Spanos will be texting Staley, telling him who to start...

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'll bet Staley is elated to be leaving the sinking Rams ship...
        Does Wade Philips want to coach again in the NFL again? DC for Chargers under his replacement/understudy lol!!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I am hoping Staley has a better plan in place for Special Teams.

I don't know what AL was doing... I'm sure they were teaching the correct techniques and things, but obviously they didn't spend enough time on it, or didn't emphasize it enough.

Improved ST play, and the Chargers were probably in the playoffs. And that's with the Defense blowing big leads, and the offense unable to block anyone.

If he's as smart as they say, and as detailed and innovative... it's likely we could be in for some fun years.
          (although I do again think, it may take a while to catch on to the defense... the Rams just 'tweaked' from Wade's D... this will be a complete change in scheme)
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Staley can get Aubrey Pleasant as the DC...that would be a great thing to look forward to for the defense.
            Wouldnt surprise me a bit if Staley and McVay are having informal negotiations over staff...O'Connell being McVays leverage point. Hopefully FRIENDLY negotiations...
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'll bet Staley is elated to be leaving the sinking Rams ship...
              Snead got an extention to 2023. That guy did get them to a SB but he has been a dumpster fire. If we traded away draft picks like that for players on the last year of their deal and then they left the next season, this place would be beside themselves and rightfully so.
              He gave Gurley that ridiculous contract too early, over paid for Goff and now if it is true that McEgo is having issues with Goff they are fucked for at least two more years. McEgo needs to take some blame and so does Snead.

Goff is a pretty decent QB but Geez, he is making like 31 mil a year. That's on Snead. The best move imo that Snead did was fire Jeff Fisher.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Deano drinkin' Stan's milkshake.
                And Stan not happy about that:

stan and dean.jpg

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Wouldnt surprise me a bit if Staley and McVay are having informal negotiations over staff...O'Connell being McVays leverage point. Hopefully FRIENDLY negotiations...
                  Sean - you can keep Kevin O - we want Pleasant

Thank you

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Does Wade Philips want to coach again in the NFL again? DC for Chargers under his replacement/understudy lol!!
                    Wade for sure wants to coach in the NFL

But STaley is a disciple of Fangio - so not sure how that "relates" to the Wade style of defense.

Comment

• Chuckeezy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2019
                      • Send PM

I’ve been reading Rams have a lot of free agents on the defense side and not enough cap to keep them , hope Staley can help bring some of those players over especially corner Darious Williams. Resign Davis and add Williams could be a nice CB duo.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chuckeezy View Post
                        I’ve been reading Rams have a lot of free agents on the defense side and not enough cap to keep them , hope Staley can help bring some of those players over especially corner Darious Williams. Resign Davis and add Williams could be a nice CB duo.
                        I just looked up Darius Williams and Casey Hayward on PFF. Its just one metric - the film study won't lie but just looking it up
                        Williams got an 80; Hayward got a 59.5

Hayward set to get 8.75m cash; Williams was a UDFA making 750k last year. Wonder if the Chargers could get him for like 30/4. Younger better player - year too early rather than a year too late for Hyward is my thought (unlike Mebane and Pouncey)

Granted if Hayward fits the system better - thats fine. But he had some rough moments last year.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Sean - you can keep Kevin O - we want Pleasant

Thank you
                          Yep...but why stop at the coaching staff? How about:

STALEY: Okay, Todd, u keep Kevin O, but I want Pleasant...

McVAY: (high pitched) What?

STALEY: ...and throw in Darius Williams for one of our 6th rounders...

McVAY: What?? He's an RFA!!! We'll match any offer u make on him!

STALEY: ...U and I know u can't afford it. Okay, so don't match our Bolt team-friendly offer to him, and you've got a deal!

McVAY: What???

Comment

Working...
                          X