• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Number one, I assume this is a crass negotiating ploy. Number two, if these motherfuckers are genuinely considering jointly doing ANYTHING OF ANY KIND with the goddamn fucking Raiders they are fucking DEAD to me. No joke. Moving to LA is one thing, but if they have their heads placed so firmly up their rectums as to be planning to do something in cahoots with the Raiders they are DEAD to me. This ownership group would be demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of Chargers history and a complete break of trust with the fans.

I can't believe they are even doing this as a power move together with the Raiders. Even if they assume that the average Chargers fan sees through the negotiating shenanigans, how can they think that partnering with the Raiders does anything but poison the well?

Dumb.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
      But how can either team afford this? Spanos is supposedly only offering $100 to $200 million for a stadium here. Neither owner has that kind of cash.
      Money is insanely cheap to borrow right now. But I agree, it's not like he can throw up a bunch of condos around the place for supplemental revenue. From what everyone is saying, Carson is a shithole. Any Raiders fans who move there will only bring crime with them.

And it's not like it costs a lot of money for a Raiders fan to move. Gas is cheap right now, too. What's a tank of gas cost to drive from Oakland to Carson?

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

This whole thing is unbelievable. My fear is that this is going to have the opposite effect on the average San Deigan and the already growing apathy that has been festering the last few years is going to become the norm and nobody will give a shit now.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Canepa was right on option 2 in the column I posted
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            Canepa was right on option 2 in the column I posted
            Dave and Jeff were just on 1360 talking about that, insinuating that Nicky must've known something.

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

Someone answer this question: Why Carson?

Path of least resistance to get a stadium deal? But everyone is saying the place is a shithole. Is this a sound business decision that Spanos would make? Lot of money on the line here. Or is it desperation, reacting to the Rams would-be move to Inglewood?

Why Carson? You think the Raiders are going to change the demographics there for the better? Are you really losing that much potential additional revenue in San Diego versus Carson?

I can't make sense of it. It wreaks of desperation, not a sound, well-thought-out business plan.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

If Chargers and Raiders share stadium, one would likely move to NFC

Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2015, 11:38 AM EST

In the wake of the shocking announcement from the Raiders and Chargers that the teams currently are pursuing a joint stadium plan in Carson, California, some additional information is trickling out.

Per the same league source who told PFT in October that the NFL intends to return to L.A. within 12-24 months, a shared stadium by the Chargers and Raiders means that one of the teams likely would move to the NFC.

The current thinking is that the Raiders would be the most likely of the two to leave for the NFC West. The question then becomes which of the NFC West teams would move to the AFC West.

The Seahawks belonged to the AFC West from 1977 through 2001, but the early rumor/expectation is that the Rams or Cardinals would change conferences, with the Seahawks and 49ers staying put.

Of course, this all hinges on the Chargers-Raiders alliance securing the ability to move to Carson over the Rams, who apparently want to move to Inglewood.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                  Someone answer this question: Why Carson?

Path of least resistance to get a stadium deal? But everyone is saying the place is a shithole. Is this a sound business decision that Spanos would make? Lot of money on the line here. Or is it desperation, reacting to the Rams would-be move to Inglewood?

Why Carson? You think the Raiders are going to change the demographics there for the better? Are you really losing that much potential additional revenue in San Diego versus Carson?

I can't make sense of it. It wreaks of desperation, not a sound, well-thought-out business plan.
                  I'm sure they don't look at it as Carson, but the fact they will be attached to LA.

Comment

• Faded blues
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                    Number one, I assume this is a crass negotiating ploy. Number two, if these motherfuckers are genuinely considering jointly doing ANYTHING OF ANY KIND with the goddamn fucking Raiders they are fucking DEAD to me. No joke. Moving to LA is one thing, but if they have their heads placed so firmly up their rectums as to be planning to do something in cahoots with the Raiders they are DEAD to me. This ownership group would be demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of Chargers history and a complete break of trust with the fans.

I can't believe they are even doing this as a power move together with the Raiders. Even if they assume that the average Chargers fan sees through the negotiating shenanigans, how can they think that partnering with the Raiders does anything but poison the well?

Dumb.
                    Yup best post of the day.

You would sleep with the devil to get a stadium then fuck you.

I would laugh if next week, the raiders get a better offer from kroenke and the Chargers left looking a fucking joke.

Just not rg well thought out.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      I'm sure they don't look at it as Carson, but the fact they will be attached to LA.
                      Spanos can't be this stupid. Like TTK said, no one is going to stop the Rams if they decide to move.

I wouldn't even call this a bluff. It's desperation.

Comment

• Viejo Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Listening to the press conference in Carson is making me puke. The enthusiasm, while seemingly fake and over the top, makes San Diego look like the chickenshit backwater city that it is.
                        Last edited by Viejo Bolt; 02-20-2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

The phrase about following the leagues policies for relocation is interesting. Kroenke has been threatening to move even without league approval and some people say the league may not be able to stop them. But there is one big hammer the league has - Kroenke is in violation of the leagues cross ownership policy. If he tries to move without league approval, I wonder if they pull out that card. I read a rumor somewhere that his long term goal is to buy the Broncos, since he already owns an NBA, NHL and MLS team in Denver and would then be in compliance with that rule.

Comment

Working...
                          X