• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I’d much prefer to go another year with Steichen over BSchott. I won’t lose sleep if we move on from him, but I actually think giving him another year under a different head coach could be a good move.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Wait, so you think McConnell is the only option other than Steichen for OC?
      No. I just don't buy into what you are saying. And what you are saying is contradictory to the facts. I do think Steichen is a really strong candidate for the job, though. He has a lot of what Staley might be looking for...former QB, has some experience but not so much he is wedded to a system and won't be open minded, already demonstrated he can work well with Herbert, ran a top 10 NFL offense. But I suppose if Steichen gets the job, none of that matter to you. It will just be Spanos told Staley he had to keep Steichen.

I keep calling him McConnell but it is OConnell. Sorry! I am getting old.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

NFL.com reporting that Raheem Morris is now the top candidate for DC for the Rams.
        Does that open up Pleasant to crossing the corridor at SoFi?

Comment

• Heatmiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Bears fans really wanted Rodgers or another internal candidate to get the DC job. I bet he is coming to be the DC. He is a former college (Indiana I think) QB who coaches defense. Sound familiar? He could just be coming as the DL coach, too, as his contract is up so he doesn't have to get any permissions. He has coached a lot of great players and really maximized their potential. Also sound familiar? Hope this is true that he is coming. He is a great addition to the staff no matter where he is plugged in.

TG

Comment

• Heatmiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
            NFL.com reporting that Raheem Morris is now the top candidate for DC for the Rams.
            Morris has been hired. He spurned Meyer to take the Rams job. Meyer was hot after him.

TG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              If Wikipedia is correct - it will be Rodgers as the DC. But I have not seen announcement from the normal NFL guys on if he will be DC or DL coach.

He has the experience on both sides of the ball. QB in college, offensive assistant for many years; last ten years on defense as DL coach in Denver and Chicago.

Interesting to see where Staley puts him

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Bears fans really wanted Rodgers or another internal candidate to get the DC job. I bet he is coming to be the DC. He is a former college (Indiana I think) QB who coaches defense. Sound familiar? He could just be coming as the DL coach, too, as his contract is up so he doesn't have to get any permissions. He has coached a lot of great players and really maximized their potential. Also sound familiar? Hope this is true that he is coming. He is a great addition to the staff no matter where he is plugged in.

TG
                Maybe Staley has already watched film & saw that the DL was an issue & needed a DC to emphasize that area.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Chargers are interviewing Broncos DB Coach Renaldo HIll per Pellisero from PFT:

Report: Chargers interviewed Renaldo Hill for defensive coordinator - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Article also mentions as possible other candidates but nothing confirmed: Aubrey Pleasant, Eric Henderson and Ejiro Evero

Manzano, I think, tweeted that with the Rams - Staley had a diverse staff - and I think hiring one of these four people for DC (making Rodgers DL coach) - is along those same lines for the DC job.

EDIT:

also from Tom Pelissero - a former LB coach in San Diego I do believe. So he will have run game coordinator, passing coordinator - dude has plans for sure

New #Chargers coach Brandon Staley is bringing along at least one assistant from the #Rams — Joe Barry is expected to join Staley as defensive passing game coordinator and linebackers coach, sources tell me and
                  @RapSheet

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

I’m holding out hope for Lynn or Steichen to get hired by the other AFCW teams in some capacity.

I loved it when the Broncos hired Mike McCoy as OC after we hired but they realized too quick that he was awful (and the 1 yr wonder with Tebow was a fluke) and fired him after just one season I think. Same in Arizona.

Would be nice if Denver picked up Lynn or Steichen in some capacity. Especially Steichen so we can be sure he doesn’t return here.
                    Normally, I wouldn't like to see a hire of an ex-Bolt, whether player or coach, within our division...they could spill the beans on our playbook...but since Staley and Co. will have a whole new playbook, no prob!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Jonathan Gannon, Colts DB coach
                      interviewing as well

Per Rap Sheet

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Oh God no! Brian is maybe the worst OC in football. I can't say for sure because I haven't seen every high school play. He's absolute garbage and had no understanding of modern offense. This year aside he runs more than Lynn and has no play design to get receivers open. His pass plays are basically let Wilson scramble and try to eventually find a receiver deep.
                        Im not advocating that we hire him but the Seahawks were 8th in scoring w/ 459 points scored and Russell Wilson had a career high 40 TD passes

We were tied for 20th w/ 384 points scored. So regardless of some here saying the offense was fine......again, we were 20th in points scored and 7 of those was a pic 6 by Campbell and we got shut out once.

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

I'm hoping Staley retains Steichen. I believe a lot of Steichen's issues were due to Lynn's influence and with the right coaching staff he will shine.

Comment

Working...
                          X