• Show
Clear All
  • DragonIce
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2021
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    My concern in free agency is overpaying just to pay for "the name".
    New guy here.

Agreed, B4K

Little wonder most fans are jaded by their team's free agency signings, because in fact free agents usually flop. And when you think about it, this shouldn't be surprising. The majority of free agents are older, with higher injury risks, or have problematic team chemistry issues.

When I look at the NFL.com's top 100 FA, I see a lot of this:
    33-year old tackle
    30-year old cornerback
    31-year old Edge
    27-year old rb (RBs age fast)

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

There's hope for Tyrod Taylor breaking the $10 mil barrier? LOL!

:cheers:
        Well, Tyrod IS a backup, but the only gadget play he might be able to run is the Fumblerooski...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

New guy here.

Agreed, B4K

Little wonder most fans are jaded by their team's free agency signings, because in fact free agents usually flop. And when you think about it, this shouldn't be surprising. The majority of free agents are older, with higher injury risks, or have problematic team chemistry issues.

33-year old tackle
          30-year old cornerback
          31-year old Edge
          Welcome aboard, Drag!

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Good read from Peter King. Free agency money across the NFL is down considerably and deals are expected to be 40 cents on the dollar. He thinks GM’s who sit out the frenzy in the first week will be able to get real bargains later on.

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Good read from Peter King. Free agency money across the NFL is down considerably and deals are expected to be 40 cents on the dollar. He thinks GM’s who sit out the frenzy in the first week will be able to get real bargains later on.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ng/?cid=fmiatw
              That’sthe Belichick move.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Sadly, I suspect Feeney is our starting center next season. Yeah he’s not very good, but he shows up every game. No back problems there.

and hopefully they get Creed Humphrey in the draft as our future center.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im thinking you are low lol. But if Juju who is said to get 16-20 per season is 13, the MW should only be 8-9 mil.

That works better for our situation. Juju has shown he isn't a #1 when AB went down. Still plays the slot in Pittsburgh when Claypool and Diontae Johnson forced him there.

Pittsburgh is very good at finding WRs.
                  looked a little closer @Sportrac who has him @just over $16m/season.... total whack job.... the comparisons are top shelf No. 1 receivers.... no chance JuJu is anything but a two two, and no way he gets anything close to $16m.... he was below avg w/o Brown to take care of the heavy lifting.... $40m/3 years is tops.... he should make less than that tho, and....

guessin' MW gets an offer of somewhere in the neighborhood of $10m/year, but.... just like MG3.... he ain't worth it/that much.... just too risky @this juncture, given his track record to date.

personally think both of the above are gonna get overpaid, albeit do think a WR2 is pretty much priority one w/what we have @QB.... can't leave those things to chance, and....

ditto for TE.... would be after the all of Jonnu Smith and Jared Cook, along w/looking at a trade for Njoku....
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
                    Beach Mack is too old find a different center
                    the older the better, as am looking to draft an OC this go 'round.... hopefully Josh Myers.

who do you got for us @the OC.... ??
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      just for the record, am on the Jonnu and JJ bandwagon....

QB Sean Mannion (Tyrod)
                      WR JuJu Smith Schuster (MW)
                      TE Jonnu Smith, Jared Cook, David Njoku/trade (HH, Stephen Anderson, Parham)
                      OG John Miller (Feeney)
                      OC Alex Mack (Pouncey)
                      SCB Brian Poole (Chris Harris)
                      CB Troy Hill (Mike D.)
                      SS John Johnson (Rayshawn)
                      repost
                      Last edited by beachcomber; 03-15-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

New guy here.

Agreed, B4K

33-year old tackle
                        30-year old cornerback
                        31-year old Edge
                        Welcome aboard -- good to see you Dragon

I want Telesco to be pragmatic, have a plan but not be cheap. Zeitler signed today with the Ravens and since he was released, he is not part of the comp game

Now, I have no idea how Gabe Jackson, Nick Easton, Warford compare to say other IOL like Feiler, Martin, Blythe - but if they are similar in grade - maybe start using the comp game a bit better than he has in the past

As the King article states - and I figured this out yesterday with Aaron Jones and Feliciano, and now Zeitler, the dollars are down
                        So I want Telesco to be choosy- the Chargers have the money. Don't over pay but also don't wait for table scraps just to get a bargain.

Edge Rusher is an area where I can see the Chargers signing a veteran on a one year deal - like the Rams did with Floyd - and drafting one too.
                        Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 03-15-2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Garofalo just said on NFLN this morning that Mike Davis will probably leave the Chargers with an AAV of possibly $10m plus

A bit surprised but all it takes is one team. Jaguars or Cardinals perhaps - of course the Raiders with Gus and Milus

Be patient Tom - be strategic, be disciplined. Have the process/plan and execute

(Wouldn't it be something if the Raiders signed like Ingram, Davis, maybe Perryman)

Comment

Working...
                          X