• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Here you go. Your post #665 has this tweet which has an article attached. You should read it.

Two things: This is not the post I am referring to. Second, you are taking this Jenkins business way too personal and I am uncomfortable with all this. Top Cat is dead wrong in his assessment of Jenkins, and he needles you and I don't understand why.

I am not with Top Cat. He's wrong.

The last line of this article above, I find to be counter-point to everything else in the article. All things being the same, I regret posting a fucking thing in this thread.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Two things: This is not the post I am referring to. Second, you are taking this Jenkins business way too personal and I am uncomfortable with all this. Top Cat is dead wrong in his assessment of Jenkins, and he needles you and I don't understand why.

I am not with Top Cat. He's wrong.

The last line of this article above, I find to be counter-point to everything else in the article. All things being the same, I regret posting a fucking thing in this thread.
      All I know is I've seen Jenkins whiff a lot. He also makes a lot of good plays. Can he be coached up better to reduce the whiffs? Hope so. Maybe in Staley's system, and coaching, his game improves. I want to see the Bolts improve and win just like all of us.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

All I know is I've seen Jenkins whiff a lot. He also makes a lot of good plays. Can he be coached up better to reduce the whiffs? Hope so. Maybe in Staley's system, and coaching, his game improves. I want to see the Bolts improve and win just like all of us.
        Agree. Jenkins is wildly inconsistent at times. Especially with tackling. But when he’s on, he looks elite. Let’s hope Staley figures out a way to channel that part of him. I’m optimistic.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

There was a tweet - NFL Rumors - so take it for what its worth - but Linsley may not be back with the Packers. If true -- I think he moves ahead of Thuney on my list actually.

The Chargers have been weak at Center since Hardwick. Good OL - you need good tackles but also a good Center. It does seem like there are better options at Guard behind Thuney than Center behind Linsley (maybe David Andrews). Not sure I want Feeney again this year Center

I would be pretty pleased with Linsley and pick your RG (Feiler, Good, Easton, Warford - see who else is released or a FA)

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
            There was a tweet - NFL Rumors - so take it for what its worth - but Linsley may not be back with the Packers. If true -- I think he moves ahead of Thuney on my list actually.

The Chargers have been weak at Center since Hardwick. Good OL - you need good tackles but also a good Center. It does seem like there are better options at Guard behind Thuney than Center behind Linsley (maybe David Andrews). Not sure I want Feeney again this year Center

I would be pretty pleased with Linsley and pick your RG (Feiler, Good, Easton, Warford - see who else is released or a FA)
            I dont think Good is gonna be available. The Raiders have cap issues but he is one they want to keep. Him and Agholor from articles and news here. Trent Brown may be released as he has been a money pit and hurt all the time.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think Good is gonna be available. The Raiders have cap issues but he is one they want to keep. Him and Agholor from articles and news here. Trent Brown may be released as he has been a money pit and hurt all the time.
              Just looking at the RAiders cap -- - they are already going to release Tyrell, they can release Brown and trade Mariota and have like 35m of cap space created and have 25m of cap space. Well I guess there needs to be a market for Mariota

Frank Smith was his coach - -might be a decent depth signing if cheap (<$3m). But Tevi probably makes more sense .

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Just looking at the RAiders cap -- - they are already going to release Tyrell, they can release Brown and trade Mariota and have like 35m of cap space created and have 25m of cap space. Well I guess there needs to be a market for Mariota

Frank Smith was his coach - -might be a decent depth signing if cheap (<$3m). But Tevi probably makes more sense .
                gusD is gonna want Rayshawn, MDavis, maybe even MI.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Gus can have Ingram...ZERO sacks last season...I think he's done, or close to it...I would like to keep Davis--hope the Bolts can work out a reasonable deal with him...now, Mr. Elite is a conundrum...if Staley & Staff think he fits their system, and if they think they can improve his tackling, it may be worth keeping him at a team-friendly deal, maybe a 1+1 or 2+1 deal...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

He can have Ingram. Rayshawn - TBD; The Chargers need to bring back Davis or sign a CB in the same age range as Davis. If not Davis, Darby from WFT, Crawley from the Saints. Griffin from Seattle are a few names the Chargers probably can afford.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders and Gus signed a couple guys off the Chargers - Perryman and Ingram at the top of the list

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Yep Gus can have Melvin but i dont think Melvin would want to play in Gus' defense again. Didnt sound like he was a fan of his no adjustments via Twitter and his comments from an interview.

Me thinks Mel is going to moving forward with his music career.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Yep Gus can have Melvin but i dont think Melvin would want to play in Gus' defense again. Didnt sound like he was a fan of his no adjustments via Twitter and his comments from an interview.

Me thinks Mel is going to moving forward with his music career.
                        Money talks market for MI services may be small if gusD pays he will go there.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Money talks market for MI services may be small if gusD pays he will go there.
                          I have read possibly Carolina. Maybe Detroit.

Was a good player but last year was a year too long in reality. I hope Telesco looks at that when evaluating a couple guys over 30 in their final year of their contract as the last couple years - Telesco has been on the "hoping" the older guys would still be viable. Enough with hope - look at the damn film., Its just not about cap space - its about production.

Comment

Working...
                          X