• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

What is it Telesco sees? Him and Lamp were fails. Fluker fail. Almost all his OL picks are fails. Do we really want him drafting OL? lol Im ok with him just buying an OL. Honestly though....TT better have us in the playoffs this season. Not sure why he gets a pass if he cant build trenches.
    Choir boy syndrome. Telesco needs to draft some meanies up front. New coaching staff will help with evaluations unlike the past two head coaches. Plus I wouldn't rule out incompetent training on the part of previous coaching staff.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

What is it Telesco sees? Him and Lamp were fails. Fluker fail. Almost all his OL picks are fails. Do we really want him drafting OL? lol Im ok with him just buying an OL. Honestly though....TT better have us in the playoffs this season. Not sure why he gets a pass if he cant build trenches.
      TT's track record at OL draft is bad. In that regard, I'm hoping that he's aware of his apparent shortcoming and relies on his coaching staff for an evaluation of everybodies top rated OL vs other OL and other positions.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

I get heat for this exact viewpoint on IG,FB,and even here.I just dont think the dude is good enough to get us to the big show.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

We all were fine with Lamp and Feeney when drafted. Weak class I guess.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Is the CB we got via UDFA last year from ND still on the practice squad?
            Is he a viable option to possibly make the roster this year?
            It's just I've not seen anyone mention him here, wondering if Staley and Hill think he's got a shot?

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

I get heat for this exact viewpoint on IG,FB,and even here.I just dont think the dude is good enough to get us to the big show.
              No...but Herbert and Staley are! It's about having enough to overcome your limitations.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Fluker was a reach. TT panicked after the top 3 OT's were picked right before us at #11. Now Lamp and Feeney were real head scratchers. Both were highly rated by several draftniks, but for some reason, they BOTH fell in the draft to a round later than they were projected. Makes me think some of the other teams looking at talent, had both Lamp and Feeney not as high as TT did. Then, there's the way we switched Lamp to G and Feeney to C. I often wonder how well Lamp would have done at LT, his natural position.
                Popper said Feeney was always the plan ( though he didn't cover us then) for OC but then Pouncey came available so, idk. Someone must have convinced TT that Feeney could be a good OC.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

I guess until he does, he isn't.
                  Our lack of depth and player development, and below average coaching, certainly paints TT as not good enough.
                  However, after watching JH last year, if( BIG IF) TT can put a good team on the field this year( read: playoffs), he'll have another year to put it all together.
                  I, like everyone, just want to win, regardless whose name is on the door. If TT doesn't win NOW, he's done.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

No...but Herbert and Staley are! It's about having enough to overcome your limitations.
                    Rather have a guy that brings a crap ton to the table.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Yes, we do. Luckily there are no "Flukers" in round 1 this year. Wait until the 2nd round... and they start showing up.
                      Paying for all of your OL positions... and you start putting yourself into cap inflexibility. You also have trouble fixing other positions when you need to.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

I think the issue is going PON over BPA.
                        In 2013 Fluker was the 4th tackle taken and if you add the 2 guards taken, he was 6 OL taken at pick 11. No DBs had been taken, No DT had been taken, No TE had been taken. Just 1 WR was taken.

You know who the next WR off the board was D.Hopkins
                        the 1st DT off board Sheldon Richardson
                        the next DT Star Loutelei

The 1st and 2nd TE
                        Efiert and Ertz.

The 1st 3 DBs. Hayden, Vaccaro, Reid.

In 2014 there were already 5 DBs taken, he took the 6th one Verrett.
                        But only one DE had gone off the board, the next one was D.Lawrence. and then S.Tuitt.

In 2015 traded up two spots for Gordon. Only one RB had been taken so that was okay. But no DT had gone yet. SF took the 1st one E.Armstead in the spot Chargers were at.

In 2016 he picked 3 overall and got the 1st DE off the board, Joey Bosa. Which was his 1st big time hit of his 1st rd picks.

In 2017 he took the 2nd WR off the board Mike Williams, but no DBs had gone yet. The next to go Lattimore and the next Humphrey.

Anyways, you would think he reviewed his drafts and saw the pattern that he would be better off taking a player from a position that had not been drafted yet or only one was taken instead of drafting the PON when the BPA was elsewhere.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well we are talking a backup QB that hopefully dont need to play. If they think Stick is ready which im sure they dont know yet, great. But if we are singing a one year deal QB, Gabbart is available looking at the list.
                          Smith i like but i just hope he retires so he dont get hurt again on that leg. I cringed everytime he dropped back.

Others i see like Beathard, ..he sucks, Flacco sucks, Barkley, McCarron Geno, they all suck. Gabbard isnt great but i tink other than Smith he is probably better than the others on a 1 year deal and then we look further next year in FA'cy or in the draft a mid rounds.
                          Gabbart is a good name

If Chase Daniels would take the veterans minimum - he played with the SAints when Lombardi was on staff back in the day -- he would be a decent option. I just want an option better than Stick but also cheap.

Comment

Working...
                          X