• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think I am only leaving 13 if Slater is off the board as probably can get AVT at 15.
    Many mocks have Minnesota @#14 taking AVT.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Clearly the team really likes MW and (apparently) values him higher than most on this board do. But if they like him so much, why not extend him to lower his cap number this year? If they aren't sold on him as a long term solution and don't want to extend him, how can they possibly justify paying him as a top 10 WR in the league at the expense of filling another hole or two on the roster? I like Mike, but he isn't close to that good and don't get the team's strategy with him.

A question on how the 5th year option works since his $15+ is now guaranteed - if we extend him now that his money is all guaranteed, can we lower his cap number this year?
      The Chargers can still lower his cap number for sure. I just am not sure the Chargers need the cap space. I always thought a deal for MW would have needed to be something like this , from his point of view and it kind of works for the teams - but since he has the 16m guaranteed :

4 years, $50m with like 30 guaranteed, $10m at signing
      Year 1) 8m dollars guaranteed
      Yr 2) 9m guaranteed
      Yr 3) 3-5 guaranteed total possibly salary of say 11m
      Yr 4) 12 m -non guaranteed

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2020
        • Send PM

Perryman is a big loss
        he is really good against the run and a great tackler hitter and a leader

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

26 years old for that price i think the chargers missed out on that one

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Hope TT aint satisfied with a center and guard.We got more holes by the day.I agree with patience n all but do Somethin.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              Hope TT aint satisfied with a center and guard.We got more holes by the day.I agree with patience n all but do Somethin.
              Lol, shouldn't sign someone just to sign someone. Signing Gurley is doing something,.....but so wrong IMO.

Always said I didn't expect but two or three players. Maybe we get one more..... Just hope it isn't a RB.

Could still see a TE or second teir CB.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                Did we win?
                • Jun 2013
                • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
                Perryman is a big loss
                he is really good against the run and a great tackler hitter and a leader
                We'll miss him but he just doesn't seem to fit in the new hybrid defense. I think Staley wants his backers to be quick...
                I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, shouldn't sign someone just to sign someone. Signing Gurley is doing something,.....but so wrong IMO.

Always said I didn't expect but two or three players. Maybe we get one more..... Just hope it isn't a RB.

Could still see a TE or second teir CB.
                  But if we have the money spend in FA then spend it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Two of my targets - Morgan Fox and Reddick to the Panthers

Interesting to see Telescos next move

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

But if we have the money spend in FA then spend it.
                      The unspent money rolls into next year. I'm honestly a little torn about this. Normally, I would prefer the Chargers roll that cap money into next year. I think they will be more competitive in 2022 than 2021 and waiting a year will give us a much better idea of what our needs will be in 2022.

But I think because of the falling cap this year there will be some extraordinary bargains we won't see again. So if you can get a player for 50% of what they would normally get, then take as many of those deals as you can.

We aren't into the extreme deals of FA period yet and our biggest needs are taken care of. I don't think we really have the room to make too many more impact signings, so solid pieces are what we are going for. I think those will be available over the next week.

Either way, I think the Chargers come out of this FA period in good shape.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

The unspent money rolls into next year. I'm honestly a little torn about this. Normally, I would prefer the Chargers roll that cap money into next year. I think they will be more competitive in 2022 than 2021 and waiting a year will give us a much better idea of what our needs will be in 2022.

But I think because of the falling cap this year there will be some extraordinary bargains we won't see again. So if you can get a player for 50% of what they would normally get, then take as many of those deals as you can.

We aren't into the extreme deals of FA period yet and our biggest needs are taken care of. I don't think we really have the room to make too many more impact signings, so solid pieces are what we are going for. I think those will be available over the next week.

Either way, I think the Chargers come out of this FA period in good shape.
                        Also, if we're looking good halfway through the season, we could always make an in season move. Kinda like the Seahawks did with Dunlap. A little extra push to ensure playoff contention.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2020
                          • Send PM

It does not appear Telesco's first two moves won many plaudits with various media outlets and analysts. I'm not sure he spent the money well either. Furthermore, unlike the Patriots, it doesn't feel like Telesco has a real free agency plan beyond the three signings and the return of MW. I suspect Staley would rather have younger players to "coach up" on defense at this point. Given Telesco signed OL in free agency, I think the draft will be mostly defense, with some maybe a mid-round OL or running back. But I don't envision OL at 13. Furthermore, it feels like with the money spent at center, Bulaga, and Feiler (plus likely some lower priced folks), an olineman with a first round contract may not make sense to Telesco. However, a first round contract for a CB or linebacker may make more sense. Lastly, Telesco has to be worried about his success rate with linemen in the draft, and I think therefore he believes he hits better on CB, linebackers, and other holes in the draft then the line. I would love to be proven wrong, but a mostly defense-based draft would not surprise me and it was my first thought when they hired Staley. .

Comment

Working...
                          X