• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I've said before not all care only about the money.
    I don't know where he is from but he wanted to be in Cleveland. :shrug:
    Cleveland is a talented team with a good coach. Ohio's top state income tax is also 4.79% so that helps depending on what offer was made by what team.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I guess he didn't like LA

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        We probably need to draft 1 OL even if we had a OL we were happy with. I think you always need one or more in the pipeline, because it takes so long to develop them.
        Chargers need to draft THREE O lineman I believe -
        OT in the first or second
        OG in the third
        and one in like the 6th

Not sure Telesco will but at least he has realized in free agency what he needs to do

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

a safety at 13 would throw most of us for a loop eh?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Personallly? I could give a crap about how ‘old’ the team is. I just want to win. Now.

They don’t give prizes for being the youngest. And the Chargers are very young where it counts the absolute most - - QB and pass rusher.

TG
            There is data out there that shows teams with more players over 30 playing significant snaps - the record declines. That doesn't mean there cannot be teams that do win with more veteran teams. But by and large - a team needs a good mix and balance.

With respect to Sherman - his injury history is concerning. But if he is a good fit -- thats fine. Villanueva or Wagner would be nice signings too.

I just Telesco to do enough in free agency so that does give him the latitude if a Kyle Pitts were to drop or another player - he has needs filled on the team. That said - I still think the team has needs at OT, Edge and CB that should still be the priority

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I've said before not all care only about the money.
              I don't know where he is from but he wanted to be in Cleveland. :shrug:
              Johnson grew up in Maryland, played college ball at Boston College...I guess Cleveland is closer...who knows? :shrug::shrug:

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                TT shot the wad on OL and. 33 yr old TE.

we lost a starting cb, starting safety, starting edge and sometimes starting LB’er. We need help on defense and at RB
                Those positions don’t look too overwhelming to replace especially the backup LB. I see the draft handling most of it as well as any bargain FA left.
                Edit: we technically could still bring the starting CB and edge back on a more reasonable one year deal also.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Those positions don’t look too overwhelming to replace especially the backup LB. I see the draft handling most of it as well as any bargain FA left.
                  Edit: we technically could still bring the starting CB and edge back on a more reasonable one year deal also.
                  Chargers have a decent amount of cap space at this time - even taking into account the draft picks and regular season fund. I think its around 14m or something

Villanueva after the draft could be an option
                  Justin Houston - edge rusher
                  I saw Jordan Willis from the Bengals mentioned for DE - not sure he is needed more than Edge but all depends on what Staley wants

Sherman has been mentioned but the injury and price could be not the best combo

The draft will take a lot of this too so don't want to sign too many guys and than draft and be duplicative.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Our biggest need is LOT. Sign Brown, we're set for years, sign Villinueva, we need to draft one also but maybe at 47.
                    We have a top edge/DE, top S and good CB/slot but need multiples.
                    On O, I like Ekeler but depth is shaky. We need a better RB2.
                    KA is great. WR2 is a huge drop off.
                    TE2 should be upgraded. Same for QB2.
                    Still need some FAs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                      Our biggest need is LOT. Sign Brown, we're set for years, sign Villinueva, we need to draft one also but maybe at 47.
                      We have a top edge/DE, top S and good CB/slot but need multiples.
                      On O, I like Ekeler but depth is shaky. We need a better RB2.
                      KA is great. WR2 is a huge drop off.
                      TE2 should be upgraded. Same for QB2.
                      Still need some FAs.
                      I think the trade for Brown doesn't seem realistic. But drafting your LT of the future in R1 or R2 is a sensible plan. Villanueva would be good insurance - -and in an ideal scenario, you draft somebody like Slater and Villanueva is an expensive backup.

TE is a need - I think more than RB or WR. I think it will be Tremble -- Telesco will spring to the podium with that pick

But still decent options in free agency. Also would like to see a QB signed - -preferably Chase Daniels though I don't expect Telesco to pay that much. Billy Volek or Kellen Clemens ready to unretire?

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                          More receiver than blocker I believe. Good for the training camp. Maybe competition with Parham
                          I still think a blocking TE will be drafted - Tommy T will be selecting Tommy T

Comment

Working...
                          X