• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

#2 OT / #6 Overall prospect on my board.
    Big, enough length, natural near elite movement skills, excellent punch power/timing/location, feet/hands work in effortless unison, tremendous grip strength, high end motor, and top tier football IQ.
    I wonder if he would make it by the Vikings
    Chargers send the 13th overall and their own 6th rounder to NE
    for the 15th overall and the Pats Comp pick

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
      Fluent in Sarcasm
      • Jun 2013
      • Iowa
      • Man of the People
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post

The GM that take Little with a top 6 pick is looking for a job next year
      Funny, I remember hearing that Herbert was gonna cost a GM their job too.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

The GM that take Little with a top 6 pick is looking for a job next year
        Your opinion. Why? This is the answer I’m looking forward to ridiculing.
        Im guessing you aren’t much of a game tape watcher.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Hmmm... Can't say I see that. At all. Low-motor guys scare me more than ones with injury history. And reports seem to strongly suggest Darrisaw is low-motor.
          We'll agree to disagree on that one. I think he'll be very solid. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate a low motor guy from an efficient, smooth athlete. Especially at that size. If he was a slacker he would have opted out. Not gonna argue though. Time will prove it for me.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I wonder if he would make it by the Vikings
            Chargers send the 13th overall and their own 6th rounder to NE
            for the 15th overall and the Pats Comp pick
            Why would We need to throw in a pick for trading down? Shouldn't be a problem to get their late 3rd.
            You love to keep giving that sixth away lol.

Comment

• BoltingUP
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              I didn't read one thing about Darrisaw personality or anything else, I watched his game tape and that told me of his low effort, low motor.
              Scouting reports mention it too but don't seem to dock him for it unless they think otherwise he is a #1 pick.
              and....you would have hated Marcus McNeill. I like high-motor players. I think LT is a different evaluation.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

I am tired of all these folks confusing a low-profile personality with lack of work ethic. During this time of the year all these draft pundits write the most contradictory things that have no basis in fact. They will say he has a high motor but lacks the aggression to hit the next level. The real way to see what a player is about is to go backwards and see what people were saying about them when they were being recruited. Here is what was said about Darrisaw in 2018:

"Darrisaw’s coaches through the years all describe him as a soft-spoken. He’s big-bodied offensive lineman with a strong work ethic that went through high school with little fanfare, but came out of nowhere to make ESPN’s mid-season freshman All-American team, a real bright spot amongst the Hokies’ struggles. Darrisaw is a diamond in the rough in an era where they have become increasingly rare to find on the recruiting trail."

This is Darrisaw. Soft-spoken with a great work ethic that has succeeded at the highest level wherever he goes. He is the Marcus McNeill type we have been missing. Forget all the names these draft-heads are spinning this time of the year. I want a soft-spoken, hard-working LT that just uses his kick-step and long arms to play after play keep my QB's blind side safe. Nothing fancy, just highly efficient.
                Didn’t realize I was confused. Good thing you cleared it up for me.
                Who could ever guess that someone could see this issue that CD has by simply watching dozens of his game tape? I must be confused again.
                Thank you wise wizard of football lore.
                What would we all do without your well versed draft chops?
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

My interpretation from various scouting services was that he played up to the competition (best) but also down to the competition (lesser challenge) so I doubt next level, in the NFL facing challenges every week, that will no longer be a problem. Hope that helps clear that up a little.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

and....you would have hated Marcus McNeill. I like high-motor players. I think LT is a different evaluation.
                    McNeill imo only had that spinal stenosis issue or he would of been a first round pick. McNeill didn't have Darrisaw problem.

Comment

• BoltingUP
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                      Your opinion. Why? This is the answer I’m looking forward to ridiculing.
                      Im guessing you aren’t much of a game tape watcher.
                      You would be wrong! The Draft will answer the question as we see how NFL teams evaluate him. I think LT is more about a set of physical traits that are very rare to find. The reason LT are taken so high is that there are only a few players that fit the mold each year. After those first few, they are all hopes and prayers and not anywhere close to someone you feel you can plug in for 10 years. I think only playing 1 game in two years prevents a player from being a 6th overall prospect. Teams value sure things at the top of the draft, he has not proven he can be healthy, much less effective in his last two years of college. Not too many NFL GMs are going to make this big a decision on a player's freshman and sophomore years.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why would We need to throw in a pick for trading down? Shouldn't be a problem to get their late 3rd.
                        You love to keep giving that sixth away lol.
                        just going by the points chart -- the value for the 96th pick is 116 points
                        the variance between 13 and 15 is 100
                        so throwing the Titans pick - worth like 6
                        make it closer

you are right that it doesn't need to be included but I wouldn't stop the trade over one of the two chargers picks in round 6 either

Comment

• DragonIce
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2021
                          • Arizona
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                          We'll agree to disagree on that one. I think he'll be very solid. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate a low motor guy from an efficient, smooth athlete. Especially at that size. If he was a slacker he would have opted out. Not gonna argue though. Time will prove it for me.
                          I haven't scouted the player, but noted numerous analysts see the same thing:

Joe DiTullio:
                          "Darrisaw needs to show he can play with a better motor. He can coast on a lot of plays and doesn’t finish them well. If he can play through the whistle, it would help open up bigger plays for his team. There is a lot of potential for him if his motor matches his athleticism.

With a better motor, Darrisaw also needs to play with better physicality. This starts with playing through the whistle and always looking for work. He can also work on moving defenders when run blocking and finishing plays off well. Darrisaw has good strength, but he needs to utilize it more and physically dominate his opponents more."

AJ Schulte:
                          "There are also some question marks regarding his motor. There are plays where Darrisaw seems to be going through the motions and not finishing, but then he turns it on for a random second-down play and blasts his defender. It’s an odd hot/cold switch that will need ironing out at the next level."

My other issue with him is that his pass-blocking isn't nearly as good as his run-blocking. It's a passing league, my friend.

Comment

Working...
                          X