• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, this is what I thought too. SF is coming on a bit, but Seattle is dreadful and it's not a very compelling game. The Chargers-Bengals will be a conference battle between two teams in the playoff hunt. I don't see them flexing in the Broncos at Chiefs, which is likely to be a one-sided game. Plus Herbert is a prime time star now and I think NBC will be looking for a repeat of last Sunday night's game. It would work in the Chargers' favor, avoiding having to play a 10 a.m. game at the site of the Freezer Bowl.
    Bengals and Chargers will both be above .500 that Sunday game

The Broncos could be 5-6 playing a 7-4 Chiefs game - but 5-6 isn't bad

The more competitive game is probably the Chargers/ Bengals game. The Broncos will be going to KC and Andy Reid off a bye week is over 80% for his career or something. Broncos on the road does seem like it could be over by halftime

So unless NBC wants to show Mahomes - I think the Chargers/Bengals will be flexed. Fox probably doesn't care

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Chaincrusher is about to submit volumes of material, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that i am wrong.
      Get on your reading glasses.
      He will just copy and paste from his previous posts about it.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Bengals and Chargers will both be above .500 that Sunday game

The Broncos could be 5-6 playing a 7-4 Chiefs game - but 5-6 isn't bad

The more competitive game is probably the Chargers/ Bengals game. The Broncos will be going to KC and Andy Reid off a bye week is over 80% for his career or something. Broncos on the road does seem like it could be over by halftime

So unless NBC wants to show Mahomes - I think the Chargers/Bengals will be flexed. Fox probably doesn't care
        The Broncos will be 5-6 because the Chargers are going to beat them this Sunday. I don't know, do you think that NBC would rather show Herbert over Mahomes at this point?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

The Broncos will be 5-6 because the Chargers are going to beat them this Sunday. I don't know, do you think that NBC would rather show Herbert over Mahomes at this point?
          I think ratings are a huge factor so if the powers think Mahomes gets more ratings than Herbert/Burrow - they might pick that game

Granted, the Chiefs have their maximum number of National TV games at 5 - though with flexing, that can change

Bengals have played one National TV game and that was a Thursday night against the Jaguars

I think it will be the young guns at QB: Burrows v Herbert

And yes, the Chargers will beat the Broncos to be 7-4 and I think the Bengals beat the steelers to go to 7-4

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s interesting you say that since free publication like SI have started to switch to a pay model.

Edit: it seems most of the deals happens strategically at certain times of the year ie. July 4th and now Black Friday. So hopefully it isn’t them tanking. It’s been getting better each and every year that I’ve had it.
            I'm interested in the media business; it was my first career out of college, where I got a BA in journalism. This story about the Athletic was published yesterday; it's interesting and explains the state of the sports media industry right now. One thing I do appreciate about the Athletic is provided jobs to reporters getting laid off by newspapers. Daniel Popper had been a sports reporter for the NY Daily News when he went to work for the Athletic three years ago. I subscribe to a handful of news organizations to get their content and to support them. But none of them are sports related; for me personally I'd rather invest my money in journalism that is vital to our society and the nation. Sports to me is entertainment and there is so much sports content on the Web, some of it lousy but plenty that is quite good, I personally am not motivated to pay for it.

The San Francisco-based company, which is unprofitable and under growing pressure from investors to deliver a return, is currently exploring a sale, seeking a price of $600 million to $800 million...The New York Times did not reach a deal with the startup recently after crunching the numbers and assessing the value of The Athletic at less than $500 million.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

I think ratings are a huge factor so if the powers think Mahomes gets more ratings than Herbert/Burrow - they might pick that game

Granted, the Chiefs have their maximum number of National TV games at 5 - though with flexing, that can change

Bengals have played one National TV game and that was a Thursday night against the Jaguars

I think it will be the young guns at QB: Burrows v Herbert

And yes, the Chargers will beat the Broncos to be 7-4 and I think the Bengals beat the steelers to go to 7-4
              This right here is why the Chargers-Bengals will be the game that is flexed. I am confident of it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Not sure why it matters unless you just want us to get exposure. That comes with winning. Make the playoffs, should get more exposure next year.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  Not sure why it matters unless you just want us to get exposure. That comes with winning. Make the playoffs, should get more exposure next year.

Don't let my reasoning above think that means I want the Chargers to move to Sunday night. If I had my druthers, every game on their schedule would be Sunday in the 4pm ET time slot

Not a fan of Thursday, Sunday or Monday night games.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Herbert has had some of his best games under the lights in Prime Time, the Saints last season when he threw four TDs, the win over the Raiders earlier this season and last Sunday's game v Pittsburgh. Plus, I would much rather have them play in the evening than at 10 a.m. PST on a cold December day. Wouldn't you?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Herbert has had some of his best games under the lights in Prime Time, the Saints last season when he threw four TDs, the win over the Raiders earlier this season and last Sunday's game v Pittsburgh. Plus, I would much rather have them play in the evening than at 10 a.m. PST on a cold December day. Wouldn't you?
                      The best thing about this game being flexed means the Chargers are worth watching from a record standpoint

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

The best thing about this game being flexed means the Chargers are worth watching from a record standpoint
                        I read the decision on which game to flex will be made today?

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

for fans not in socal, it means watching the game at home with volume available, rather than trying to find a seat at a crowded sports bar at 10am to watch the game with no volume (because some other game is hogging the volume).

Comment

Working...
                          X