• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dont be surprised if Gus wants Sherman. The Raiders dont have a great cap situation. Depending on which site is correct, they are 2 to 10 mil in the hole. OTC has them at 10 mil in the hole.
    Id like to keep Davis and possibly Rayshawn but if he goes elsewhere, ok. You have to wonder if some defensive players that have played in Gus' system want to continue to do so. There have been some complaints.
    Thats an interesting call - Richard Sherman.

The Raiders will cut Tyrell Williams - so thats $10m
    If they trade Mariota - and they just signed Peterman - so hard to think Mariota will be a back up at $10m

So now they are up $10m in the good - they can re-do Trenton Brown and Gabe Jackson , not release just restructure- so that can be another 15m or so.

They have some moves they can make to get them in the Free Agent game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats an interesting call - Richard Sherman.

The Raiders will cut Tyrell Williams - so thats $10m
      If they trade Mariota - and they just signed Peterman - so hard to think Mariota will be a back up at $10m

So now they are up $10m in the good - they can re-do Trenton Brown and Gabe Jackson , not release just restructure- so that can be another 15m or so.

They have some moves they can make to get them in the Free Agent game.
      Sherman would only be a two year deal as he said thats how much longer he wants to play and he acts as his own Agent. I can see it unless Sherman isnt a fan of Gus' system. The Raiders have had decent play from Mullen but Arnette was a reach and was injured often and havent had great CB play the past two seasons with a young secondary.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Agree.

Like Derwin wont be able to do that? I dont think calling the defensive calls is a big deal.
        Derwin when healthy is three times the player Johnson is and he will be on the field every down. If we sign Johnson and let Rayshawn go, thats fine but Rayshawn is bigger and has a good role when not filling in for Derwin. Adderley will have a hard time beating him out IMO.
        I concur!
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Sherman would only be a two year deal as he said thats how much longer he wants to play and he acts as his own Agent. I can see it unless Sherman isnt a fan of Gus' system. The Raiders have had decent play from Mullen but Arnette was a reach and was injured often and havent had great CB play the past two seasons with a young secondary.
          If he is released, Casey Hayward might be more attractive to Gus than Sherman. Sherman is going to be 33 here in a month.

CB and RB - the shelf lives just not the same as other positions.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If he is released, Casey Hayward might be more attractive to Gus than Sherman. Sherman is going to be 33 here in a month.

CB and RB - the shelf lives just not the same as other positions.
            Wow...so now Bradley is a magnet for all the old, broken down, beat up castoffs from other teams? What's next? Can Gus lure Cam Chancellor out of retirement?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow...so now Bradley is a magnet for all the old, broken down, beat up castoffs from other teams? What's next? Can Gus lure Cam Chancellor out of retirement?
              Don't know about that but Gruden loves vets

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I liked both Johnson and Jenkins coming out of college. I watched tons of tape on both. I rated Johnson higher than Jenkins... but Jenkins wasn't that too far behind. Both are kind of combo safeties (somewhere between FS and SS. And let's face it, Derwin may be made of glass, so you'll need a safety that is good enough to start at FS but play SS if [once] Derwin gets hurt again.

There are 2 advantages to re-signing Jenkins.
                1) He'll be cheaper. Jenkins has bounced back and forth between positions and started less time than JJ. He has less exposure... will cost less.
                2) He's already played with both Derwin and Adderly. You know what to expect. I think the 2-high safety scheme fits Rayshawn real well. I think his best football is ahead of him.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Sadly, it's all he knows at this point in time. People he doesn't have to train up!

:beer:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Sadly, it's all he knows at this point in time. People he doesn't have to train up!

:beer:
                    Gus has been living off the "Legion of Boom" for years...living in the past...have at it, and we'll see how well Chuckie likes losing all those games featuring the picket fence defense...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                      I liked both Johnson and Jenkins coming out of college. I watched tons of tape on both. I rated Johnson higher than Jenkins... but Jenkins wasn't that too far behind. Both are kind of combo safeties (somewhere between FS and SS. And let's face it, Derwin may be made of glass, so you'll need a safety that is good enough to start at FS but play SS if [once] Derwin gets hurt again.

1) He'll be cheaper. Jenkins has bounced back and forth between positions and started less time than JJ. He has less exposure... will cost less.
                      2) He's already played with both Derwin and Adderly. You know what to expect. I think the 2-high safety scheme fits Rayshawn real well. I think his best football is ahead of him.
                      In his mailbag Popper had some thoughts for how his offseason if he was running things:

1) he would trade the 13th pick for Orlando Brown Jr
                      --- me: I am not giving up the 13th pick for Brown, just drafting OT but if you do trade for Brown, you better sign him to a long term deal before the deal is done

2) he would give Hunter Henry like 4/50 range - Pop did mention NE as possibly going with a big offer to HH

3) he is only releasing Trai Turner, so keeping Harris, Hayward and Linval Joseph
                      --- me: I did ask mention to him about Hayward and using that 10m of cap space on a younger player; he mentioned maybe he has his contract re-done

4) Popper is bringing back both MDavis and Jenkins but he that John Johnson or Jenkins need to be signed (one of the two)

5) For OL - he has them signing Linsley if he's available and an OG like Warford. Plus bringing back Feeney, Lamp or Tevi to fill out the OL. HIs OL would be Brown, Feeney, Linsley, WArford and Bulaga

6) Doesn't think Watt is realistic
                      ---- me, Watt is only realistic if you move on from Linval Joseph and put JJ as an interior DT in the Staley scheme. So substituting one player for another on your cap

7) mentioned keeping Mike Williams on his 15.6

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I actually liked Jenkins from tape but not JJ III...and definitely remember that you liked JJ III.

Scheme fit is gonna be a factor.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Gus has been living off the "Legion of Boom" for years...living in the past...have at it, and we'll see how well Chuckie likes losing all those games featuring the picket fence defense...
                          Believe it or not Gus is an upgrade to Guenther. Though they have little pass rush going for them.

Ferril has been a bust imo. Two sacks in two seasons, both in the same game last season.

Comment

Working...
                          X