• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats why I keep saying I want more mid-range free agents. Casey Hayward signed for 16m for three years. Those are the kinds of guys I want the Chargers to target. I remember Godfrey, Goff and Foley. Dirtworker types. Not pro bowlers. Just good solid NFL players.

Thats why I am looking at Feiler, Austin Blythe, Good, Feliciano on the OL -
    CBs like Darby or Troy Hill instead of Hayward and than drafting
    Not sure about Watt - he might get paid because of the name

Chargers have the stars - they just need good role players
    I was just thinking about this.
    Good played well, did some serious bulldozing for LVR in '20 @ OLG & ORT if I'm not mistaken. He's a perfect fit in that way along with Feiler.

It is easy to picture gusD convincing Gruden/Mayock that he needs Rayshawn and MDavis.

There's the "swap."
    DBs for OL.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Thats why I keep saying I want more mid-range free agents. Casey Hayward signed for 16m for three years. Those are the kinds of guys I want the Chargers to target. I remember Godfrey, Goff and Foley. Dirtworker types. Not pro bowlers. Just good solid NFL players.

Thats why I am looking at Feiler, Austin Blythe, Good, Feliciano on the OL -
      CBs like Darby or Troy Hill instead of Hayward and than drafting
      Not sure about Watt - he might get paid because of the name

Chargers have the stars - they just need good role players
      Agree...we don't need to sign any overpriced FA's who end up slacking...like Turner, Franklin, etc.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Good played well, did some serious bulldozing for LVR in '20 @ OLG & ORT if I'm not mistaken. He's a perfect fit in that way along with Feiler.

It is easy to picture gusD convincing Gruden/Mayock that he needs Rayshawn and MDavis.

There's the "swap."
        DBs for OL.
        An additional bonus is that Mr. Elite and MDavis already know how to run Bradley's Picket Fence defense which was so effective...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

There's the "swap."
          DBs for OL.
          I forgot the guys name on Twitter but he thought that Gus Bradley would bring some players from the Chargers to his defense. He mentioned Ingram, Perryman and maybe Jenkins.

I never thought of MDavis to the Raiders. But some of the other guys might make sense like Jenkins or Perryman

Again, really other than Davis and Henry, the Chargers can let the cap and market dictate. Hell I want hte Chargers to upgrade from Jenkins to JJIII as it is

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I forgot the guys name on Twitter but he thought that Gus Bradley would bring some players from the Chargers to his defense. He mentioned Ingram, Perryman and maybe Jenkins.

I never thought of MDavis to the Raiders. But some of the other guys might make sense like Jenkins or Perryman

Again, really other than Davis and Henry, the Chargers can let the cap and market dictate. Hell I want hte Chargers to upgrade from Jenkins to JJIII as it is
            Agreed.
            I do not wish to lose good players.
            But central to my off season thinking is getting an elite Olineman. $$$$
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Wouldn’t consider this an upgrade.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Wouldn’t consider this an upgrade.
                He seems to be the one name connected to the Chargers because of the Staley connection and how he might be an upgrade over Jenkins for Staleys defense. He was the one calling plays last year for the Rams defense. Now dollars might be a factor.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Agreed.
                  Love that Trencher Talk...if we can sign someone like Thuney, lessens the pressure to draft O-line at #13, and opens up for BPA at #13...banging the table right now:

Thuney
                  Thuney
                  Thuney

Come on, TT...PAY DA MAN!!!
                  Last edited by Topcat; 02-16-2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

He seems to be the one name connected to the Chargers because of the Staley connection and how he might be an upgrade over Jenkins for Staleys defense. He was the one calling plays last year for the Rams defense. Now dollars might be a factor.
                    Think JJIII is going to be the leader of our secondary?
                    Derwin will disagree.
                    DJ33 will communicate the secondary calls. K9 will call our D.

JJIII is a more consistent tackler than Rayshawn.
                    Rayshawn has better ballskills, athleticism, speed, agility, and is a more physical player.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Agreed.
                      Whatever it takes. Just get better on the OL. Heck, I don't even need a top 10 Oline - just maybe 12 to 15 range

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

There's the "swap."
                        DBs for OL.
                        Dont be surprised if Gus wants Sherman. The Raiders dont have a great cap situation. Depending on which site is correct, they are 2 to 10 mil in the hole. OTC has them at 10 mil in the hole.
                        Id like to keep Davis and possibly Rayshawn but if he goes elsewhere, ok. You have to wonder if some defensive players that have played in Gus' system want to continue to do so. There have been some complaints.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Think JJIII is going to be the leader of our secondary?
                          Derwin will disagree.
                          DJ33 will communicate the secondary calls. K9 will call our D.

JJIII is a more consistent tackler than Rayshawn.
                          Rayshawn has better ballskills, athleticism, speed, agility, and is a more physical player.
                          Agree.

Like Derwin wont be able to do that? I dont think calling the defensive calls is a big deal.
                          Derwin when healthy is three times the player Johnson is and he will be on the field every down. If we sign Johnson and let Rayshawn go, thats fine but Rayshawn is bigger and has a good role when not filling in for Derwin. Adderley will have a hard time beating him out IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X