• Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Johnson had zero issues with last year's offense and was a huge contributor. Part of coaching is maximizing the talent of your players. It is up to the coach to find away to use the player's speed. This is bad coaching. Lynn did better with Johnson and that is saying something. I have said it before and I will say it again--teams do not get better by getting worse.

Palmer has done nothing so far---absolutely nothing. He is less talented than either Guyton or Johnson or Allen or Williams. The team has doubled down on stupidity when it comes to Palmer and the WRs. First, they drafted the clown way too early and then they kept him at the expense of a good WR in Johnson.

Palmer gets no separation. A player can run a route perfectly and be covered. The two concepts have nothing to do with each other. His lack of separation is likely to result in picks as the offense continues to tempt fate by throwing to him.

It is laughable that you are attempting to call Palmer a stud. He is a player with literally zero elite traits.
    Maybe Johnson was cut for no covid vaccination? I dunno just spitballing

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

1) the roster was not constructed by looking at each position in a vacuum. There is a big focus on positional versatility as well as special team coverage units and death for those units. Personally, I also believe Johnson is a better wide receiver than Hill, but he'll has a roll as of right now returning punts and kickoffs. T Billy as zero value to special teams. I don't think Hill will be on our roster all season. I think it is a position that will be upgraded, but I think it will also include a player that can provide both receiving and return duties.
      2) simplifying the offense for one player goes directly against their entire philosophy on offense they installed of multiple position groups and multiple formations. They have a plan for offense, which is different from the offensive philosophy last year, and perhaps "hey you just run straight and fast" isn't part of it.

3) I use the word IF.... As in even IF he had those numbers you would still bitch about it. Nowhere was I implying that that was my projections for his production. This guy can have a stellar career and you're never going to like him likely because you wanted someone else on draft day.

4) come clean.... Your T-Billy's agent aren't you?
      1. It is almost as if Staley and company have never seen the Chiefs play with Hill and Hardman and have never seen the pressure that those two players on the field at the same time can put on opposing defenses. Using both of those two players worked last year. Johnson is probably a better route runner than Guyton. It is Staley's and Lombardi's fault if they cannot figure out how to use the talented Johnson properly. And Hill also has zero value to special teams, unless you consider having a crappy PR occupying a WR slot to be a good thing.

2. The point being made was that just that limited input would make Johnson better than Hill.

3. Palmer does not get separation, which means increased INTs because he is not a bigger WR or dominant in the air. Throwing near defenders is not a good idea.

4. I do not need to be a player's agent to realize that the player was good for us last year. I know that Johnson is good the same way I know that Pipkins is bad. What I see is half a dozen really bad roster decisions, which is an awful lot.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Maybe Johnson was cut for no covid vaccination? I dunno just spitballing
        He's been cut at least 5 times already. Maybe there's a reason he keeps getting cut?

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Palmer has a job. Johnson does not. That is all.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Barnwell from ESPN had a tweet - before he called himself the Money Badger - over 90%
            after that trademark or whatever - in the 70% range
            I didn't have much confidence in him and my guess many on the team didn't either
            HIs kickoffs were shot which only added to the woes as the special teams were so terrible

He was lucky he made it this far...

Vizcaino is the teams 9th kicker since 2017. Should have kept Lambo but somebody didn't like him in the locker room
            Probably due to Laughing Lambo smiling with Seabass after the Bolts lost to the Raiders...

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

1. It is almost as if Staley and company have never seen the Chiefs play with Hill and Hardman and have never seen the pressure that those two players on the field at the same time can put on opposing defenses. Using both of those two players worked last year. Johnson is probably a better route runner than Guyton. It is Staley's and Lombardi's fault if they cannot figure out how to use the talented Johnson properly. And Hill also has zero value to special teams, unless you consider having a crappy PR occupying a WR slot to be a good thing.

2. The point being made was that just that limited input would make Johnson better than Hill.

3. Palmer does not get separation, which means increased INTs because he is not a bigger WR or dominant in the air. Throwing near defenders is not a good idea.

4. I do not need to be a player's agent to realize that the player was good for us last year. I know that Johnson is good the same way I know that Pipkins is bad. What I see is half a dozen really bad roster decisions, which is an awful lot.
              If Johnson could field punts, he would likely be on the damn team! For now Hill, has a job based on this Factor alone, until they have someone better for it.

Last year was last year and he was okay. You're acting like they need to design their offense around Johnson. If he doesn't fit what they need him to do, within the offensive scheme they are going to run then they get someone else that does. He's a fringe NFL player thus far in his career, and he's has been cut by five different teams. If he actually possessed the game-changing abilities of someone like Hill he sure as hell wouldn't be bouncing around the League like pogo stick.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

He's been cut at least 5 times already. Maybe there's a reason he keeps getting cut?
                Pretty sure an AFC west team picks him up for a game against us. Bad things happen to us when 4.36 WRs run past our secondary.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I looked it up and u r right...didn't realize this...T-Billy has been cut 5 times for a reason...

johnson 2.JPG†https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyron_Johnson

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

I understand we all love a good underdog story but c'mon man.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Maybe they felt they couldn't have a roster without a Forrest on it. I think he's going to be a cross between Jamal Williams and Aaron Donald.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Pretty sure an AFC west team picks him up for a game against us. Bad things happen to us when 4.36 WRs run past our secondary.
                        Yep...imagine trying to defend both Hill AND Johnson...ugh...

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Maybe they felt they couldn't have a roster without a Forrest on it. I think he's going to be a cross between Jamal Williams and Aaron Donald.
                          He’s this years Johnson, design the D around him!

(j/k, I like him a lot too)

Comment

Working...
                          X