• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He can have Ingram. Rayshawn - TBD; The Chargers need to bring back Davis or sign a CB in the same age range as Davis. If not Davis, Darby from WFT, Crawley from the Saints. Griffin from Seattle are a few names the Chargers probably can afford.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders and Gus signed a couple guys off the Chargers - Perryman and Ingram at the top of the list
    Maybe Gus also signs Launchwhiffy...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Yep Gus can have Melvin but i dont think Melvin would want to play in Gus' defense again. Didnt sound like he was a fan of his no adjustments via Twitter and his comments from an interview.

Me thinks Mel is going to moving forward with his music career.
      Maybe Ingram can get together with Barksdale for a duo act...call the group, ahem...

"The Powdah Blues Bruthahs"...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Ingram can get together with Barksdale for a duo act...call the group, ahem...

"The Powdah Blues Bruthahs"...
        Trade the Raiders Hayward and Joseph for a future 7th round pick. Perryman, Ingram Joseph and Hayward - all for you Gus

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Two things: This is not the post I am referring to. Second, you are taking this Jenkins business way too personal and I am uncomfortable with all this. Top Cat is dead wrong in his assessment of Jenkins, and he needles you and I don't understand why.

I am not with Top Cat. He's wrong.

The last line of this article above, I find to be counter-point to everything else in the article. All things being the same, I regret posting a fucking thing in this thread.
          Personal? How’s that?

Simply stating my opinion of the two players and what they bring.

What is different than what you or anyone else does?

My wording?

I agree that kittykitty is wrong in the majority of his posts. They are his opinions or ways of getting attention. I feel the need to occasionally put his annoying nature in place.
          Don’t believe I’m alone in my assertion.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He can have Ingram. Rayshawn - TBD; The Chargers need to bring back Davis or sign a CB in the same age range as Davis. If not Davis, Darby from WFT, Crawley from the Saints. Griffin from Seattle are a few names the Chargers probably can afford.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders and Gus signed a couple guys off the Chargers - Perryman and Ingram at the top of the list
            If we let MDavis walk and keep both ShowCase and CHJR, I’ll have a hard time finding any valid justification in that thinking.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

If we let MDavis walk and keep both ShowCase and CHJR, I’ll have a hard time finding any valid justification in that thinking.
              sheeeeiiitt t- I am willing to let Casey and Linval go now if they can get better options
              Harris is one more year so am not beholden to him either - like the names above, all various pay levesl but I think all upgrades from the 2020 version of Hayward

if there is dead money there is dead money - its a sunk cost already. but there is potentially 18m of cap space for Joseph and Harris - and I keep with those two as they are on the last year of deals anyway - if you can get a guy who will be here a few years - do it this year. not a year too late

Davis has to be the priority - take the money for Casey and give it to MDavis43

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

No talk of Adderley these last few pages in the new safety scheme. He may be who we thought he was playing opposite Derwin now eh? If Jenkins wants to stay for a reasonable deal maybe we need no new safeties?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                  No talk of Adderley these last few pages in the new safety scheme. He may be who we thought he was playing opposite Derwin now eh? If Jenkins wants to stay for a reasonable deal maybe we need no new safeties?
                  I think Adderley will be improved especially in this new defense. He is going to have a big role imo so jo need to talk about him. He will be one of the two deep safeties. It's who will be the other is the debate. Some think it will be Johnson, some want to resign Jenkins.

If Johnson wants 10 mil or more, I'd look to see what Jenkins wants or look to the draft.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                    This is our best option in my opinion. Sign RJ and we have excellent talent and depth at safety. We can add in the draft, UDFA, or thru post draft FA.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

The mistake is thinking that you are going to pay top dollar to flawed players in FA and then get them to play up to those contracts. There is a reason that players are allowed to get to free agency.

Bulaga and Turner got paid a ton because the supply is so much shorter than the demand. Both players were good (not great) players, but neither has played at a high level in the last few years.

As far as spending a lot of draft picks on OL, that is one way to go. However, OL tend to take a couple of years to develop. When the expectations of the fan base is to play well now, then it is pretty hard to think that rookies can step in and play at a very high level right away. High picks can usually play at an acceptable level, but even then their best play will be a few years out.

The other problem is that we have multiple needs. Spending a bunch of picks on OL means we will be ignoring other areas of need. There is simply not enough quality draft picks to be able to fill all of our needs.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Makes so much more sense to go with two deep safety look...single high just puts too much pressure on that lone safety to cover too much turf...Adderley should be a lot more efficient...Gus was so clueless...just kept riding the coattails of the Legion of Boom for years, while failing to adjust to modern defensive schemes...
                        Gus is the Norv Turner of DCs.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think Adderley will be improved especially in this new defense. He is going to have a big role imo so jo need to talk about him. He will be one of the two deep safeties. It's who will be the other is the debate. Some think it will be Johnson, some want to resign Jenkins.

If Johnson wants 10 mil or more, I'd look to see what Jenkins wants or look to the draft.
                          Where is Derwin playing? Third safety? Hybrid all around cannibal berserker?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X