• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Sproles would have something to say about this! Sorry couldn't resist. LOL!

:shifty:
    Want to count how many backs extending at that age has worked out on a $/production basis? very small fraternity. The one benefit is he does not have lead back wear and tear.

As for Sproles, he got two franchise tags with us and they couldn't get an extension agreed to. he was well (and even overpaid for his services). I was a big fan of Sproles when he was drafted and throughout his amazing career even after he left.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Thus far in 4 games.

He didn't overproduce on it last season due to injury.

He's 26 years old right now he'll be 27 when that deal is done and 28 first year of new deal. I don't sign big money or long term extensions to backs at that age. I LOVE Ekeler, however I have a very strict meat grinder philosophy for running backs in the NFL.
      28 is not too old for an elite RB. 31 is too old to for a long term deal. They will work on a deal next year. He is a special talent, what they need to acquire an elite bell cow to pair with Eke for that next contract. Rountree is JAG, like all the JAGs before him. He can take some carries off Eke’s shoulders but he’s not elite and in that sense doesnt matter. JJacks is both JAG and brittle, really not worth investing the TC and PS reps on him to then have him available < 40% of games every year.

However, first they must solve RT and NT long term. RT protects the franchise, NT is a multiplier for the entire front 7. Not knowing the draft crop, I value NT at 1, RT at 2, then RB is one of several options at Rds 3-5.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
        Bosa also number 1 at speaking the truth about blind refs and de stigmatizing mental health
        You're not supposed to have heros that are younger than you but for Bosa I'll make an exception.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Bosa also number 1 at speaking the truth about blind refs and de stigmatizing mental health
          You're not supposed to have heros that are younger than you but for Bosa I'll make an exception.
          Hopefully the league doesn’t fine him for his ref comment.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I am surprised at the lack of media coverage that Bosa gets on his mental health admission. I thought he showed a lot of humility and could really help others. I hear about Waller being a drug addict and Crosby being an alcoholic almost every Raider game. That has got to be inspiring for those who are in similar space. Why not use a league superstar to promote mental health? Especially during a pandemic.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              I am surprised at the lack of media coverage that Bosa gets on his mental health admission. I thought he showed a lot of humility and could really help others. I hear about Waller being a drug addict and Crosby being an alcoholic almost every Raider game. That has got to be inspiring for those who are in similar space. Why not use a league superstar to promote mental health? Especially during a pandemic.

TG
              Because Joey didn't do bad things. Even though he was suffering a mental health crisis, he kept it together and didn't create drama or break the law.. A Waller, or Crosby, story is easier for the media to tell, because there is such a contrast and it is good drama.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Want to count how many backs extending at that age has worked out on a $/production basis? very small fraternity. The one benefit is he does not have lead back wear and tear.

As for Sproles, he got two franchise tags with us and they couldn't get an extension agreed to. he was well (and even overpaid for his services). I was a big fan of Sproles when he was drafted and throughout his amazing career even after he left.
                Although Eke has had injuries it seems like he has less wear and tear than usual.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Send PM

I am curious to see if Jared Kelley has gotten over his confidence issues that plagued him after his solid start last year. He might very well be that complimentary piece for Ekeler. I would much rather not see Ekeler carry too much of a load since his presence alone can create stress for defenses. Ekeler is such a smart RB also with not only having the ability to run the entire route tree it seems, but the ability to help block would be pass rushers and effectively run between the tackles.

I am still a Roundtree fan as well. I feel for Jackson with all of his injuries since joining the Chargers, but his inconsistent availability has to be wearing thin for both coaches and the front office too.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Jackson and Kelley are both replacement level players. Rountree may be a little better.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

For people asking how Staley is getting Bosa freed up, here's some stuff.

Bosa's double team rate has dropped from ~25% to ~19% (25% reduction). Pass rush win % has increased from ~25% to ~35% (40% increase)

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM