Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

TT enjoyed dumpster diving for Scho so much the first time, he jumped back into the dumpster to dig him out AGAIN!!! TT and the Double Dumpster Dive...
    If you think Scho is so bad that he's a good reason to can TT, you must also want them to can our HC because he picked him to play ahead of the guys we already had on the team.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Maybe it is time to move on from GM Tom Telesco but haven’t heard any good alternatives?

John Schneider, Seahawks GM. Proven experience to balance Staley football acumen.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

If you think Scho is so bad that he's a good reason to can TT, you must also want them to can our HC because he picked him to play ahead of the guys we already had on the team.
        Scho is an average starting NFL OG.
        Members here demand only NFL All-Pros at every position including backups at the league minimum veteran salary.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

No we demand a GM to know how important O line and D lines are to winning games in thr NFL.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Scho is an average starting NFL OG.
            Members here demand only NFL All-Pros at every position including backups at the league minimum veteran salary.
            That's how I read it too. Many people have a panic button too nearby.

They see a guy miss one block and quickly say he should be cut, then others pile on and soon many are convinced the guy must be cut.

Scho won't be making the pro-bowl but he is average. Even Norton isn't quite as bad as our members make him out to be. His problem is he's been forced to become the starter and he's not quite suited for that, but we need to remember that he's a backup.

Now, the guy they brought in to play LG last week - that's a different story. He's definitely not ready to lay in the NFL.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

They see a guy miss one block and quickly say he should be cut, then others pile on and soon many are convinced the guy must be cut.

Scho won't be making the pro-bowl but he is average. Even Norton isn't quite as bad as our members make him out to be. His problem is he's been forced to become the starter and he's not quite suited for that, but we need to remember that he's a backup.

Now, the guy they brought in to play LG last week - that's a different story. He's definitely not ready to lay in the NFL.
              Indeed.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Maybe Staley was forced to start Scho over Jaimes, because he realized how poor our depth is...so this would be on TT more than Staley...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Staley was forced to start Scho over Jaimes, because he realized how poor our depth is...so this would be on TT more than Staley...
                  Obviously I am anti-Telesco. Don't get me wrong. I wanted that MoFo to be the best gawd damn GM the NFL ever had. I wanted McCoy to be good. I wanted Lynn to be good

And I am not saying STaley is above criticism. I think at times with this defense, pretty passive on third down for instance. I thought last week end, didn't rotate the Dline enough. Tillery is just not good enough to play that many snaps - maybe keep guys fresher and rotate as the drop off from Tillery to Fehoko - well, it is what it is

But my criticism of Telesco is over a 9 year period. Consistently poor Special Teams and OLine play to start with. And the record is the record.

But if Telesco is back - hope will continue to spring eternal

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Scho imo is below average. Kelemete is rusty on top of also being below average. Below Scho's average imo. Norton is average at best but it sure sux that Denvers third string LT did a good job against our starting edge rushers. We have to win more there.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Obviously I am anti-Telesco. Don't get me wrong. I wanted that MoFo to be the best gawd damn GM the NFL ever had. I wanted McCoy to be good. I wanted Lynn to be good

And I am not saying STaley is above criticism. I think at times with this defense, pretty passive on third down for instance. I thought last week end, didn't rotate the Dline enough. Tillery is just not good enough to play that many snaps - maybe keep guys fresher and rotate as the drop off from Tillery to Fehoko - well, it is what it is

But my criticism of Telesco is over a 9 year period. Consistently poor Special Teams and OLine play to start with. And the record is the record.

But if Telesco is back - hope will continue to spring eternal
                      Good points...especially on Tillery...he shows flashes, usually against losing teams, but yes, needs to be rotated out a LOT more...and we ARE too passive, especially on obvious passing downs...I'd like to see a LOT more of Derwin blitzing...or ANYONE blitzing for crying out loud...
                      Last edited by Topcat; 12-04-2021, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

12th right now. We need to help Herbert more.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X