• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

One cannot stress the massive detriment that Stewart was as our ST coach so perhaps Badgley can do something with a real coach.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Colts rookie kicker was a UDFA. Kaeding a third.

Kickers are a roll of the dice. In hindsight we should of kept Koo, who was a UDFA.
      Aren’t they all? Haha
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

I wanted to draft Rodrigio Blankenship last year in a big way. I cannot believe we (nor the rest of the league) let him get to UDFA and lost him for the price of a 7th round draft pick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
          I wanted to draft Rodrigio Blankenship last year in a big way. I cannot believe we (nor the rest of the league) let him get to UDFA and lost him for the price of a 7th round draft pick.
          Badgely was then the Money Badger. I'd like to think Stewart fucked him up and he can be righted.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

The salary cap is a state of mind. The Rams reportedly entered Monday $37 million over the cap according to, well, Over the Cap. They still found room to bring back Leonard Floyd on a four-year, $64 million deal. The Titans weren't operating with much cap room, but they still found a way and are signing versatile lineman Denico Autry from the Colts and edge rusher Bud Dupree from the Steelers. Teams can always find a way.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Badgely was then the Money Badger. I'd like to think Stewart fucked him up and he can be righted.
              But what an "IF" he could have been. I loved him at Georgia

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

#schadenfreude

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Offensive linemen are not going to come at a discount. Former Patriot Joe Thuney is set to make nearly $50 million over the next three years from the Chiefs to fill their hole at left guard. (They have many more offensive line holes to fill.) The Panthers gave solid money to journeymen Pat Elflein and Cameron Erving. In short: Raise your children to be offensive linemen, not running backs.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Defensive linemen were paid more quickly than receivers. I did not expect Nelson Agholor to get the first big receiver contract, while Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller and JuJu Smith-Schuster still await their deals. So many pass rushers at the top and middle of the market found quick homes, including Shaquil Barrett, Yannick Ngakoue, Matt Judon, Romeo Okwara, Carl Lawson, Shelby Harris and Leonard Floyd.

Agholor helped to disrupt the receiver logjam late in the day, followed by Corey Davis flying off to the Jets. Still, more than 10 receivers on my top 101 remain available as of this writing.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Its all about the line play. Some things in football never change.

Draft and develop, draft and develop. Repeat.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          Defensive linemen were paid more quickly than receivers. I did not expect Nelson Agholor to get the first big receiver contract, while Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller and JuJu Smith-Schuster still await their deals. So many pass rushers at the top and middle of the market found quick homes, including Shaquil Barrett, Yannick Ngakoue, Matt Judon, Romeo Okwara, Carl Lawson, Shelby Harris and Leonard Floyd.

Agholor helped to disrupt the receiver logjam late in the day, followed by Corey Davis flying off to the Jets. Still, more than 10 receivers on my top 101 remain available as of this writing.
                          The WR market is just not there.

The Chargers have some leverage it would seem with Mike Williams if they want to extend him. They can show him the market and say "if we release you, you might be hard pressed to get $10-11m per year. But, if we extend you, here is a nice signing bonus, plus some for the future."

Comment

Working...
                          X