• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I gave Cook the inaugural AJ Green award and I stand by it notwithstanding AK.
    I'm going ice fishing.
    Appreciate your passion for our Chargers, jamrock.

I remember thinking, in real time, and based upon the flow of the game.

We needed to come up with something steady and slow--no mistakes. That AP Pick 6 was so sickening.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He was no where near to getting to the first down marker. I imagine that was the design of his route, not to catch it five yards from the first down to be tackled by Phillips.

One thing Herbert did right was to get rid of it - there was a lot of heat coming from the right side (Norton or Schofield?).
      Ok. Let's do this. Let's dissect the shit some more.
      ​Philli
      Phillips was several yards off Cook. He's a good tackler, but I say if Cook had sat, neither breaking to the inside nor towards the flat, it would have set up a 4th and short yardage. Phillips caught the ball 7 yards from the line of scrimmage and a few yards short of the first down marker. Cook would have had at least some forward progress after catching the ball.

MDavis...hammy.
      ASJ...concussed.
      D gassed.
      We needed to chew up some clock.
      We didn't need a "chunk play" from Cook.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Cook's been around long enough to be prepared for a hot read, especially considering the constant pressure JH was facing.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher

But those aren't the facts. Cook was turned to receive the ball inside, not on the flat. He was moving to the soft opening, turning inside to his left, and thus looking back. In fact, had the ball been delivered based on Cooks read, it was a big chunk play, as Philips was playing the ball to go to the flat The photo shows Cook was turned before the interception.

This revisionism is strange. Someone misread it. I've said my thoughts on that. But the idea Cook pulled an AJ Green here simply isn't true. There is a lot I dislike about Cook's game, but this play isn't one.
          Why would Adrian Phillips be playing the flat? There was no receiver over there. He stopped mirroring Cook to go to the flat and get the interception.
          That is what gives you the false impression about the 'soft middle being open' .

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Wow, lotta posts, miscommunication happens.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

He is nowhere near either Peyton nor Brees on the mental game. I saw two games where he had the chance to show mental fortitude, find solutions, and a way to make it work. He didn't. In both, he posted some of the worst analytics of a QB this season. If he develops like Brees, then he figures it out elsewhere. Manning was basically audibiling and making lies changes from his first start. Stated in astronomical terms, if they were mentally processing on Jupiter, Herbert is still trying to figure out how to gas up his ship.

When this keeps going and the wheels really fall off, then you might realize i wasn't some kook after all. The data says its coming.
              Yeah TWO FUCKING games. If you were actually old enough to watch Peyton and Brees, you would see countless games when they were first starting where they didn’t have it together on the mental processing side. Peyton threw 28 interceptions as a rookie.

The data does not say it’s coming after only two games. Just like it doesn’t mean that he’ll be an elite QB after his rookie season alone.

But yes, you are a kook who thinks two game’s worth of data is enough to predict the future.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The bolded part is why no one can take you seriously. You don’t know that he won’t be. Heck at the rate he’s going, he is already ahead of both Brees and Peyton at this same point in their respective career.
                Agree, dude has zero credibility. I mean....Dilfer? If Herbet can be Trent Dilfer? Trent Dilfer was AWFUL. He has more INTs than TDs, never even had a 3000 yard season. The only reason he and Flacco won SBs is they had a #1 defense....with the same team. Hec compared to Dilfer, Flacco was Joe Montana and Herbert has already had a better season than both those guys ever had.

So Herbert IS a franchise QB until he shows he isnt and so far, winning OROY and setting rookie passing marks is a big start. IF he has a sopohomore slump, that isnt uncommon and it will be from learning a new offense. Not sure why Flyfish isnt impressed but saying that Tua is better tells me all i need to know. The kid has played 22 games, lol.....wtf. Trade him for Tyrod, im sure Houston would do it in a NY second.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-02-2021, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

I hate players that are overrated, dont earn it, and don't show mental fortitude. He has talent. But if I had two weeks to prep a big project...after I just failed on another a week earlier.. I would be fired coming if I failed to show any growth from my prior failure.

Again, I've said this over and over: he didn't just lay an egg two games in a row. His performances are Sam Darnold/David Mills territory for 2 games...by the way, their worst games. That isn't a franchise qb. That suggests he isnt preparing or isn't learning from his mistakes.

Also, last year means squat. He won a useless award. Teams have film and have planned for him now. His response to this point has been to wilt and play putrid. The OROY doesn't save him now in these games.
                  This makes little sense...so you are on fire again.

Why then do you advocate for the brittle rag armed Tua? Guy was the next coming of Christ coming out of Alabama..
                  He's what you get when your qb is not a running threat, nor has the arm to make many of the throws you want to see in an NFL qb.

To an extent, i can see your point. Many here were simultaneously praising Herbert while dumping on P.R.
                  Being a big P.R. fan, i have a tiny bit of schadenfreude over Herbert's struggles (although I'd prefer it didn't happen);
                  but you take it to dramatic extremes. Did he steal your girlfriend and spit in your face?

Now two bad games, after being on fire, and all this pent up bile comes out of your mouth.
                  When he puts together a couple good games, you'll bitch a bit and then recede back into the shadows, waiting and hoping for another bad Herbert outing.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yeah TWO FUCKING games. If you were actually old enough to watch Peyton and Brees, you would see countless games when they were first starting where they didn’t have it together on the mental processing side. Peyton threw 28 interceptions as a rookie.

The data does not say it’s coming after only two games. Just like it doesn’t mean that he’ll be an elite QB after his rookie season alone.

But yes, you are a kook who thinks two game’s worth of data is enough to predict the future.
                    Brees struggled so much in 2003 that we drafted Rivers

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

He is nowhere near either Peyton nor Brees on the mental game. I saw two games where he had the chance to show mental fortitude, find solutions, and a way to make it work. He didn't. In both, he posted some of the worst analytics of a QB this season. If he develops like Brees, then he figures it out elsewhere. Manning was basically audibiling and making lies changes from his first start. Stated in astronomical terms, if they were mentally processing on Jupiter, Herbert is still trying to figure out how to gas up his ship.

When this keeps going and the wheels really fall off, then you might realize i wasn't some kook after all. The data says its coming.
                      2003 Brees or 1998 Manning?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

AKFF is giving Alaskans a bad name in regards to football IQ.
                        Let it be known throughout the TPB lands that not all of us are so great at football analysis, play/game breakdowns, and player/prospect evaluations.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I hate players that are overrated, dont earn it, and don't show mental fortitude. He has talent. But if I had two weeks to prep a big project...after I just failed on another a week earlier.. I would be fired if I failed to show any growth from my prior failure.

Again, I've said this over and over: he didn't just lay an egg two games in a row. His performances are Sam Darnold/David Mills territory for 2 games...by the way, their worst games. That isn't a franchise qb. That suggests he isnt preparing or isn't learning from his mistakes.

Also, last year means squat. He won a useless award. Teams have film and have planned for him now. His response to this point has been to wilt and play putrid. The OROY doesn't save him now in these games.
                          I am interested in your takes on Josh Allen.
                          His second year, and where he stands now.

Comment

Working...
                          X