Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I think as long as Derwin (Kelce’s Kryptonite) is playing we should be in good shape. Would be nice if we get ASJ too with Campbell covering Hill.
    I don't know the coverage scheme the Chargers will employ, but I think Michael Davis will be on Hill. Davis is the fastest player on the Chargers' roster.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      How many feel the Chargers can beat Chiefs again with injuries and loss of momentum vs earlier in season?
      This Chiefs team is very fortunate (again) with injuries. Being able to play your front line players all the time is a huge fucking advantage.
      They still have a lot of the problems that exposed them earlier in the season.

Moving Jones to DT and bringing in Ingram helped a bunch.
      Melvin, being an older guy, will start to wear down soon...the Chiefs using him a lot because Clarke is a bum.
      The rest of the Dline is okay...not much. Given time, Williams, Allen,....should abuse their corners and back 7.

Their interior to the Oline has been given more time to gel, but their OTs are still not very good.
      They still have no reliable 3rd option, & now no Clyde Edwards Helaire to distract opponents (& fumble the ball).

Derwin James typically takes away Kelce, but DJ is banged up.....like in week 3.
      Bosa was banged up in week 3, and is perhaps healthier now. He still abused the KC OTs.
      Nwosu is coming on....did anyone notice on Bosa's sack that the Giants chipped Nwosu leaving Bosa single up on the OT?
      Tranquil and White are more comfortable playing together.

Who knows, we'll see! I think the Chief's are over rated.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

How many feel the Chargers can beat Chiefs again with injuries and loss of momentum vs earlier in season?
        I do
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This Chiefs team is very fortunate (again) with injuries. Being able to play your front line players all the time is a huge fucking advantage.
          They still have a lot of the problems that exposed them earlier in the season.

Moving Jones to DT and bringing in Ingram helped a bunch.
          Melvin, being an older guy, will start to wear down soon...the Chiefs using him a lot because Clarke is a bum.
          The rest of the Dline is okay...not much. Given time, Williams, Allen,....should abuse their corners and back 7.

Their interior to the Oline has been given more time to gel, but their OTs are still not very good.
          They still have no reliable 3rd option, & now no Clyde Edwards Helaire to distract opponents (& fumble the ball).

Derwin James typically takes away Kelce, but DJ is banged up.....like in week 3.
          Bosa was banged up in week 3, and is perhaps healthier now. He still abused the KC OTs.
          Nwosu is coming on....did anyone notice on Bosa's sack that the Giants chipped Nwosu leaving Bosa single up on the OT?
          Tranquil and White are more comfortable playing together.

Who knows, we'll see! I think the Chief's are over rated.
          It would be great if we skip the K9 edge experiment this week. I would hate to see him bail out KC on a 3rd and long situation.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

This is turning into a very good draft (2018):
            • Round 1 (17) DB Derwin James.
            • Round 2 (48) EDGE Uchenna Nwosu.
            • Round 3 (84) DT Justin Jones.
            • Round 4 (119) - LB Kyzir White.
            • Round 5 (155) - C Scott Quessenberry.
            • Round 6 (191) - WR Dylan Cantrell.
            • Round 7 (251) - RB Justin Jackson.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              This is turning into a very good draft (2018):
              • Round 1 (17) DB Derwin James.
              • Round 2 (48) EDGE Uchenna Nwosu.
              • Round 3 (84) DT Justin Jones.
              • Round 4 (119) - LB Kyzir White.
              • Round 5 (155) - C Scott Quessenberry.
              • Round 6 (191) - WR Dylan Cantrell.
              • Round 7 (251) - RB Justin Jackson.
              Too bad No. 6 turned out to be somewhat less than Alice (In Chains).

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I keep reading that KC is much better now than they were when we played them the first time. Given that, KC is favored. But we all know the Chargers are better now than they were in the first game. I look for a repeat of that game. Close, but the Chargers win.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Both teams have the potential to come out flat. But I don't expect either one to do it this game.

Another dogfight, last possession wins it.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Both teams have the potential to come out flat. But I don't expect either one to do it this game.

Another dogfight, last possession wins it.
                    Yeah, I predict this too - the last team to score wins.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

All good responses, would expect nothing less from respected board members, but when KC is on, probably Super Bowl favorites and boy are they on not to mention revenge factor for early season loss.

Vegas has KC 3 point favorites. See where betting line moves? Typically if things get ugly early and they take a commanding lead, there is no catching up, see Raiders game (many others as well). I personally think Chargers need to be 6 point dogs and come to play incentivized. Even @ Oregon, in Rose Bowl for example Herbert plays better as huge underdogs.

Yes I too believe the Chargers can win but only with the right mind set, because talent wise Kansas City has talent edge. Like most big, well followed franchises, Chief fans will outnumber Charger fans even @ home. Add stakes on the line, home field and division, this will be the Chargers Alamo!

:2cents:
                      So the players watch the betting line as motivation??? The need 6 points for an incentive??? I think all they need is to look at how far up the Raiders ass the Chiefs left their foot last Sunday. Kill or be killed.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Yeah serious playoff implications against a div. rival should be more than enough motivation to not go out on primetime and get Raidered.

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Book it.

Comment

Working...
                          X