• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I ran a scenario that won't happen, but its possible to lose to the Chiefs and end 11-6 and still get the #1 seed, needing the Bills and Browns to win thier division.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~1~401326536~2

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      I ran a scenario that won't happen, but its possible to lose to the Chiefs and end 11-6 and still get the #1 seed, needing the Bills and Browns to win thier division.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~1~401326536~2

Anything can happen in the NFL. Anything.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Just need the defense to step it up this game if Pips has to play and forcing us to dink and dunk more.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

If we can’t win the division, this would be a nice consolation prize.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Comment

• Bolts318
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Anything can happen in the NFL. Anything.
              Yup, I guess the 2008 Chargers season is long forgotten by many. To me, that is what I'd call "anything."

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

I’ve been thinking about this a lot and I’d like to know how you guys feel about this hypothetical. If you absolutely had to choose one or the other and not both, what would choose, a playoff win or the division title?

I want a playoff win more but I can’t imagine what would mean more to both fans and charger players.
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Not even close for me
                    having our guys experience a playoff win is absolute psychological gold
                    VS losing 1, that can quickly get out of hand
                    Remember Lamar Jackson before he finally won a playoff game? There was a lot of mental pressure building up.
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Not even close for me
                      having our guys experience a playoff win is absolute psychological gold
                      VS losing 1, that can quickly get out of hand
                      Remember Lamar Jackson before he finally won a playoff game? There was a lot of mental pressure building up.
                      yep, I think a playoff win would be invaluable for the team’s development and nice carry over to next year knowing that they can compete at that level.

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts318 View Post
                        Yup, I guess the 2008 Chargers season is long forgotten by many. To me, that is what I'd call "anything."
                        Do you mean the year that DEN was 8-4 and SD 4-8 ?

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts318 View Post
                          The 2010 Green Bay Packers. After 14 games, they were 8-6, had lost two in a row and three of their last four. But they won their final two and snuck into the playoffs as the final wildcard, the lowest seed in the NFC. They had the best young QB in the league (also had a rookie 1st rd pick OT starting for them - Bryan Bulaga) the behind their QB they won three straight on the road to get to the SB, beating their arch rival, the division champ Bears, in Chicago in the NFC Championship game. Then they beat the Steelers in the SB, winning a total of four games in the playoffs.

The 2012 Baltimore Ravens. They needed a 4th and 29 miracle just to get into the playoffs. They lost four of their five games in December to close out the season, just good enough to win their division at 10-6. They went into the playoffs as the No. 4 seed, and everybody thought they were going to be an early exit. But once they were in, they got hot. They won three playoff games, two on the road, including the AFC Championship in New England. Then they beat the 49ers in the SB - four consecutive post-season wins.

The Chargers are a new and young team - new in that they have a totally new identity with Herbert at QB and a new coach/system - and they are dangerous, with the best young QB in the game. They will have had a full 17-game season to learn how to play in a new system, under new coaches. If they get into the playoffs, even as a wildcard, IMO they are primed to get hot and start reeling off wins.

Comment

Working...
                          X