This is turning into a very good draft (2018):
    • Round 1 (17) DB Derwin James.
    • Round 2 (48) EDGE Uchenna Nwosu.
    • Round 3 (84) DT Justin Jones.
    • Round 4 (119) - LB Kyzir White.
    • Round 5 (155) - C Scott Quessenberry.
    • Round 6 (191) - WR Dylan Cantrell.
    • Round 7 (251) - RB Justin Jackson.
    And the 2019 draft...not so hot...only real productive players are Lil' Nas and Tranq...

2019 draft.JPG

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And the 2019 draft...not so hot...only real productive players are Lil' Nas and Tranq...

2019 draft.JPG
      I tell ya - it's like the Titanic!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I tell ya - it's like the Titanic!
        If the 2019 Draft was the Titanic, 'Lil Nas and Tranq were the only ones to get into a lifeboat...

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

If the 2019 Draft was the Titanic, 'Lil Nas and Tranq were the only ones to get into a lifeboat...
          So who’s Rose and Jack?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

We have 3 starters from that 2019 draft though Tillery is a disapointment. Having no starters from a draft is a bad draft.

Looking back at those is a good thing as some people here expect instant results from rookies. Thats why they say give it three years. The only one we should expect any immediate resuts from is our first rounder. Nas missed his first year so this is really year 2 for him and he has made big strides.

Ill also add, Parsons is getting all these accolades which is deserved. But i see a list they made on NFL Network or ESPN of Rookie sack totals that he is on top of but noticed Merriman wasnt on it.

Merriman had 10 sacks as a rookie and he didnt start his first 4 games. He began starting in week 5.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

1st place in the division on the line. Best case scenario for this Thursday Night match up. Let’s Go!!!

Hope we get all of studs back for this game. Physical from the jump. We knew we’d have to go through the Chiefs to win the division. It’s right in front of us. Let’s take it and leave no doubt.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

An observation about Mike Williams - he seems to have a different speed when he has the ball in his hands. His 2017 Pro Day has him clocking a 4.54 40 time. Not particularly fast for a WR, and generally that shows as a route runner - he's not the guy who consistently creates separation, he's the guy who can come down with the ball despite being tightly covered. But, when he does get the ball in space, on his yards after the catch he suddenly has two or three extra gears. I've noticed it more this season because Herb has gotten him the ball deep more consistently than previous seasons. But it was really noticeable in the Pitt game on the game-winning TD. Once Mike had secured the ball, he was like a flash up the sideline. He obliterated the angle that Pitt's safety took on him with pure speed on his sprint to the end zone. There was a play yesterday where he took a relatively short pass from Herbert then raced up sideline, leaving the DBs behind him in his wake. He eventually got knocked out of bounds by a DB that was already in front of him (and it turned out he barely stepped out of bounds before that), but, again, the DBs behind him were not going to catch him. I've seen it before with WRs, they have speed nobody was expecting once they got the ball (Jerry Rice had it - I think he was only clocked at 4.6 coming out of college). Mike Williams does seem to have that ability.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                  1st place in the division on the line. Best case scenario for this Thursday Night match up. Let’s Go!!!

Hope we get all of studs back for this game. Physical from the jump. We knew we’d have to go through the Chiefs to win the division. It’s right in front of us. Let’s take it and leave no doubt.
                  And really this game would have the same, well, everything if our records were swapped. Division on the line, yes yes yes. Helluva season.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I’m still pissed about some of the bad losses we’ve had.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      I’m still pissed about some of the bad losses we’ve had.
                      Cowboys, yep. Also the zero-effort against the Ravens.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        An observation about Mike Williams - he seems to have a different speed when he has the ball in his hands. His 2017 Pro Day has him clocking a 4.54 40 time. Not particularly fast for a WR, and generally that shows as a route runner - he's not the guy who consistently creates separation, he's the guy who can come down with the ball despite being tightly covered. But, when he does get the ball in space, on his yards after the catch he suddenly has two or three extra gears. I've noticed it more this season because Herb has gotten him the ball deep more consistently than previous seasons. But it was really noticeable in the Pitt game on the game-winning TD. Once Mike had secured the ball, he was like a flash up the sideline. He obliterated the angle that Pitt's safety took on him with pure speed on his sprint to the end zone. There was a play yesterday where he took a relatively short pass from Herbert then raced up sideline, leaving the DBs behind him in his wake. He eventually got knocked out of bounds by a DB that was already in front of him (and it turned out he barely stepped out of bounds before that), but, again, the DBs behind him were not going to catch him. I've seen it before with WRs, they have speed nobody was expecting once they got the ball (Jerry Rice had it - I think he was only clocked at 4.6 coming out of college). Mike Williams does seem to have that ability.
                        Excellent observation. I was noticing the same thing, Velo. He is way faster with the ball in his hands. He is also a lot more physical after the catch this season. And unless it is a busted play or a dropped coverage he never seems to be very open and that’s how he was in college, too.

I do wish that the Chargers would just scrap the WR bubble screens and the little bunch pick slant they run on the goal line. Neither ever works. Oh and Parnham has a really slow wind up to get to speed so screens to him are pretty iffy.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

MW reminds me of Jerry Rice in that aspect (not comparing him as a receiver to Rice but just in speed) you put a stop watch on him and he is ordinary, you put a DB on him and he is very fast.

Comment

Working...
                          X