• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    An observation about Mike Williams - he seems to have a different speed when he has the ball in his hands. His 2017 Pro Day has him clocking a 4.54 40 time. Not particularly fast for a WR, and generally that shows as a route runner - he's not the guy who consistently creates separation, he's the guy who can come down with the ball despite being tightly covered. But, when he does get the ball in space, on his yards after the catch he suddenly has two or three extra gears. I've noticed it more this season because Herb has gotten him the ball deep more consistently than previous seasons. But it was really noticeable in the Pitt game on the game-winning TD. Once Mike had secured the ball, he was like a flash up the sideline. He obliterated the angle that Pitt's safety took on him with pure speed on his sprint to the end zone. There was a play yesterday where he took a relatively short pass from Herbert then raced up sideline, leaving the DBs behind him in his wake. He eventually got knocked out of bounds by a DB that was already in front of him (and it turned out he barely stepped out of bounds before that), but, again, the DBs behind him were not going to catch him. I've seen it before with WRs, they have speed nobody was expecting once they got the ball (Jerry Rice had it - I think he was only clocked at 4.6 coming out of college). Mike Williams does seem to have that ability.
    Yep...when Mike Will doesn't have to slow down to make a cut, and he's full steam ahead, those long strides kick him into that extra gear...kind of reminds me of Twill...
    Last edited by Topcat; 12-13-2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Cowboys, yep. Also the zero-effort against the Ravens.
      Zero effort on the east coast against a team you embarrassed in the playoffs, right before the bye, and after a tough win......no problem with that.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

ESPN projects Nasir Adderley at 92 tackles for the year. Could we have three 100 tackle players??
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I do
          Did you know Slater tested positive for covid and Pipkins is replacing him against the Chiefs?

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Did you know Slater tested positive for covid and Pipkins is replacing him against the Chiefs?
            1. Slater has not been ruled out for the game yet.

2. We don't know they are going to start Pipkins at LT if Slater indeed can't play.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

2. We don't know they are going to start Pipkins at LT if Slater indeed can't play.
              We all better hope like hell Slater plays (doubtful) otherwise Pips Waterloo.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

If you believe Popper has connections and some insight, we will play Pipkins at LT if Slater is out.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Its not all doom and gloom....rollouts, move the pocket, get pip some help....Herbert uses his legs...few Qb draws...then follow up with a fake draw and dump it over the heads of a frozen LB corp....Staley and company gotta draw up some good ones, and put the game on Herbie and the defense. I look forward to the test.
                  The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Its not all doom and gloom....rollouts, move the pocket, get pip some help....Herbert uses his legs...few Qb draws...then follow up with a fake draw and dump it over the heads of a frozen LB corp....Staley and company gotta draw up some good ones, and put the game on Herbie and the defense. I look forward to the test.
                    The problem is in the games we have struggled most is when teams can generate pressure with their front 4, take away the deep pass and make us dink our way down field. Dropped passes, penalties and a rushed Herbert have led to a lot of stalled drives. I fear we could see this again Thursday.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      Its not all doom and gloom
                      Thank you Lone, I grow weary of the extreme pessimism that can suddenly explode on this forum at the slightest whiff unfavorable developments.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Even with Slater out I can see us in it. Last score wins.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Even with Slater out I can see us in it. Last score wins.
                          Boom! I agree with this. Even if Slater can't go, I see this as a game that comes down the wire, and the the team that wins it may score just as the Double Zeroes show on the game clock in the 4th Q.

Comment

Working...
                          X