Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Bulaga. What a waste.

Stop going backwards, sign MWill.
    I said exactly the same thing on another thread. MWill is a beast. Doesn’t shy away from the spotlight.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

If anyone on here thinks that the Raiders were going to run out the clock for a tie is just delusional. They were locked in no matter what they did at that point.......so they have the ball in figgy range WITH one of the best kickers in football who is perfect at home and you think they weren't gonna kick it??? They. just as we would, take pleasure in knocking out a division opponent.

There is no way in hell they were going to let the clock run out. Comments to the contrary is just Carr having fun mind fucking the fanbase and in kind making Staley look bad. If I was Carr, i would do it too.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        If anyone on here thinks that the Raiders were going to run out the clock for a tie is just delusional. They were locked in no matter what they did at that point.......so they have the ball in figgy range WITH one of the best kickers in football who is perfect at home and you think they weren't gonna kick it??? They. just as we would, take pleasure in knocking out a division opponent.

There is no way in hell they were going to let the clock run out. Comments to the contrary is just Carr having fun mind fucking the fanbase and in kind making Staley look bad. If I was Carr, i would do it too.
        This.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

So a former NFL Head Coach questions the late TO? If NFL veterans are questioning it, maybe those of you who aren't....should?
          Yes because Rex Ryan never made coaching mistakes lol.
          That said I was surprised we took a TO.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The disorganization of the Charger defense, pre-snap, after the timeout was just as bad.

The coaching staff really shit in the bed last night....horrendous.

Some here (me) were unimpressed with last week against the decimated Broncos squad,
            and then there was the Texan's game debacle.

They staggered to the finish while healthy......that didn't happen under McLynn.
            Chargers lost 3 of their last 4 games. Staggered to the finish is right. Staley can talk all he wants about them being one of the best teams and deserving of the playoffs but losing 3 of the last 4 negates that. He failed

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

It's was a 57yd FG if they don't get the 10yd after the timeout.
              The kick he made from 47 would have been good from 57.

Staley said the timeout was to change personnel.
              To try defend them from as best as possible from getting closer. Then Adderely and White both messed up their run fits which would have stuff the play for 1yd gain. It went for 10 yards instead.

There was no way Raiders we're going to just let the clock go to zero. They were bringing out their kicker. Whether it was 57yd or 47yd. And that kick would have been good from 60. He nailed it.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

There is valid reason to believe they were just going to take a delay of game, do a kneel down, let the clock run out, and head to the playoffs.
                The field goal and running play had some risks....downing it had none.

The equally bad part was the disorganized run D Staley put out there after the time out.

Staley deserved that loss.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

There is valid reason to believe they were just going to take a delay of game, do a kneel down & let the clock run out, and head to the playoffs.
                  The field goal and running play had some risks....downing it had none.

The equally bad part was the disorganized run D Staley put out there after the time out.

If you believe that then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you......

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    It's was a 57yd FG if they don't get the 10yd after the timeout.
                    The kick he made from 47 would have been good from 57.

Staley said the timeout was to change personnel.
                    To try defend them from as best as possible from getting closer. Then Adderely and White both messed up their run fits which would have stuff the play for 1yd gain. It went for 10 yards instead.

There was no way Raiders we're going to just let the clock go to zero. They were bringing out their kicker. Whether it was 57yd or 47yd. And that kick would have been good from 60. He nailed it.
                    A 57 yard field goal requires a lower trajectory.....why chance it?

You don't need an analytics screwball to tell you the odds on that one.
                    A blocked field goal ran back means Bissacia will not be the head coach next year.
                    You bet he considered that angle.

Comment

• BoltGuyFromNY
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2022
                      • Send PM

Score more points than the other team and your in. Don't depend on the other team to get you into the playoffs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

If you believe that then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you......
                        The Raiders risked a fumble and then an anticipated long field goal, which had a greater risk of being blocked....
                        they weren't expecting to pick up 10 yards on that play.
                        The previous two plays were runs for little yardage.

Bissaccia's new contract was dangling in front of him....although a fumble/blocked field goal were unlikely, why risk it?

This dagger in the hearts of a division foe talk is fanspeak.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

A 57 yard field goal requires a lower trajectory.....why chance it?

You don't need an analytics screwball to tell you the odds on that one.
                          What are you talking about?
                          the Raiders we're going to keep running the ball to kill clock and to make the FG closer. Staley timeout had nothing to do with the Raiders strategy. I'm just saying if they didn't get another yard. They were still in FG range and that kick would have been good from 60. The Raiders we're not going to run the clock and kick it from 57 unless Chargers stuff their next run play. Which is why Staley called timeout to try and stuff the next run. It didn't happen.

If he does not call timeout, they still run it again anyway. And then kick. And nobody knows how many yards that run gets. It's likely the same either way.

The bigger issue for Chargers last night were 10 penalties and Norton. If they do that vs any team, winning, which is already difficult in the NFL become even more difficult.

The Staley criticism should be about his overly aggressive 4th down call inside his own 20yd line. But that's who this guy is. And the call made would have worked but Fieler got beat at the snap by Philon who blew up the play. It's too much risk there, IMO. But it sure isn't the trying not to lose old school coaching. It's an all in it to win it style. Staley may want to reconsider how aggressive he is on his side of the field when it not even late 4th quarter yet. Other than that, I was fine with how Staley called this game.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X