• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

All the Chargers team, players & coaches made mistakes. We lost. End of season, period.

What I took from 2021 & especially the raiders game: Herbert is the gold standard. An Elite young QB.
    Can't wait to see the '22 campaign.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      All the Chargers team, players & coaches made mistakes. We lost. End of season, period.

What I took from 2021 & especially the raiders game: Herbert is the gold standard. An Elite young QB.
      damn straight.

just think about this for a second: we could be the Colts, with Wentz to look forward to....

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

So you took from 2021 the same thing you took from 2020? Isn’t the fact that there was nothing else to take at least somewhat concerning?
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

did all that to lose in the end

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

So you took from 2021 the same thing you took from 2020? Isn’t the fact that there was nothing else to take at least somewhat concerning?
            I didn't see anything in his post that said there's nothing else. I just read it as a complement to our QB.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

did all that to lose in the end

I feel this too. That is why I'm really disappointed in the defense. Herbert was epic bringing the team back to tie at the end of regulation. When the Raiders scored a FG in overtime, Herbert again drove the offense down the field to put Hopkins in position to tie it. Then all the defense had to do was make a stop, they knew the Raiders were going to run the ball, all the defense had to do was not get beat by the run. But the defense failed, and all of Herbert's heroics and hard work was for nothing. I feel badly for the kid this morning.

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I was at the game with three friends. One of my friends (who is a Cowboys fan but was pulling for us) kept looking at me on the final drive and asking (almost challenging me), "Do you believe they're gonna do it?!? Is Herbert gonna do it?!?"

I kept saying yes. But the more I said yes, the more I believed it.

I love Philip Rivers. I hope to be in Canton when he's inducted. For a decade and a half, Rivers was our guy. But I knew he had his flaws. After last night (and frankly even before last night), I believe in Justin Herbert more than I ever did Philip Rivers. And that's not any sort of indictment on Rivers. I will always have a special place in my heart for that guy.

It was a painful loss...probably the worst loss since losing at home to the Jets in January 2010 after a 13-3 season. But the future is bright. We've got Herbert, and I genuinely believe that he is going to get even better.

I believe.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  r

Belichick once went for it on his own 28 yard line against Indy and failed near the end of a game.....they lost.

He never repeated that mistake.

Staley keeps on blabbing about analytics driven decisions......he'll never learn with that mindset.
                  Coming up with exact percentages on the success and winning percentage of any given play in the 3rd quarter is absurd...monumentally absurd.
                  Success leaves you with the ball on the 20 yard line...
                  what's been gained with success?

He needs to rethink that aspect of his coaching.
                  Yep...one of my biggest disappointments with Staley...if he can't correct these bonehead blunders, after next season he should be fired...and I'll start up the poll...

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Justin Herbert 38TDs 15Ints
                    6-0 when he had 0int
                    3-4 when he had 1int
                    0-4 when he had 2int

Teams needs some upgrades on defense and right side of O-line. But 15ints is a bit too high 27th in the league. Herbert needs to find a way to keep his total interceptions at 10 or less. He is very capable of getting that done next year.

Front office needs to add a CB1 and RT.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      6-0 when he had 0int
                      3-4 when he had 1int
                      0-4 when he had 2int

Teams needs some upgrades on defense and right side of O-line. But 15ints is a bit too high 27th in the league. Herbert needs to find a way to keep his total interceptions at 10 or less. He is very capable of getting that done next year.

The 15 interceptions are kind of skewed by the number of pass attempts. If you look at the percentage of passes intercepted, he is 15th at 2.2%. Someone posted an article a few weeks ago where he had the lowest turnover worthy number of passes in the league, IIRC.

In 2 seasons, he has passed for 9350 yards with 69 TDs and 25 interceptions to go along with 8 rushing TDs. I don't think we could possibly expect anything better from a second year QB - and he will only get better!

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The 15 interceptions are kind of skewed by the number of pass attempts. If you look at the percentage of passes intercepted, he is 15th at 2.2%. Someone posted an article a few weeks ago where he had the lowest turnover worthy number of passes in the league, IIRC.

In 2 seasons, he has passed for 9350 yards with 69 TDs and 25 interceptions to go along with 8 rushing TDs. I don't think we could possibly expect anything better from a second year QB - and he will only get better!
                        I agree. He's been amazing.
                        I still think he needs to find a way. Meaning watch all 15 interception. Talk to teammates and coaches and say how do we eliminate some of these which I think he is likely to do. I think he is fully capable of making it happen.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          6-0 when he had 0int
                          3-4 when he had 1int
                          0-4 when he had 2int

Those are the top two needs on my list. Should be doable.

Comment

Working...
                          X