• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    As painful as it was, the Texans game turned into a mini bye for many of our starters and we should be healthy and well rested for SNF
    I think it was also a wake up call for the players and coaches. Sometimes stuff like this is a net positive, as nauseating as it is for us fans in the moment. We'll see. Chargers have no excuses now. They are more healthy than they have been (big if regarding Linsley, though, who is absolutely critical to the offense) and they know it is win or go home from here on out. No use holding anything back from a scheme, play call, or effort standpoint.

On the RPOs, Herbert has yet to keep the ball and run to the naked side of the field. He always hands it off or throws. Because of this tendency, the play is often wide open for him. I would like to see Lombardi green light that if he is telling Herbert not to do it. He can do it and still be safe and it will have an impact on the handoffs because it will have to be truly respected moving forward.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      With something like what Parham experienced, there is also the psychological aspect. He may be physically healthy to play again, but is he mentally ready? How does he feel about getting hit again? Laying out for a pass? Cracking heads blocking someone? Getting creamed over the middle? With all the CTE stuff, how is he thinking about that and long term effects.

I really don't think he plays this year, even in the playoffs. But everyone is different and every game is different. If Chargers go to the superbowl for instance, he may feel differently about that than a playoff game or last reg season game. Ronnie Lott had the doctors amputate part of his finger so he could go back in a game.

TG
      That's true. But I think the psychological part is there no matter what the injury. From personal experience, I tore my ACL on the field and even after successful surgery where I knew the knee was strong again, I was afraid to sprint and plant, because the fear of that "POP!" was always in the back of my head. I imagine most professional athletes can mentally get past it, but some can't and they're never the same. Parham is young so there's still that youthful invincibility. It gets harder the older you get. Lol!

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        #6 seed possible if Colts lose to the Jags, and the Chargers win. I can't find a scenario where the Chargers lose and still make the playoffs.
        I heard somewhere if they were to have a tie with the Raiders and Colts somehow loose to the Jags I believe, then the Chargers can still get in.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

I agree with another poster in that all teams are flawed, even more so this season. It’s as wide open as it has been in quite some time. Why not the Chargers? They certainly have some nice pieces to work with. I don’t remember a Chargers team more healthy either. I’m nervous and excited all at the same time!!

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

I agree with another poster in that all teams are flawed, even more so this season. It’s as wide open as it has been in quite some time. Why not the Chargers? They certainly have some nice pieces to work with. I don’t remember a Chargers team more healthy either. I’m nervous and excited all at the same time!!
            This, so much this.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

I heard somewhere if they were to have a tie with the Raiders and Colts somehow loose to the Jags I believe, then the Chargers can still get in.
              A tie, and the Chargers are in.
              It's why Staley gave that interview this week

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

A tie, and the Chargers are in.
                It's why Staley gave that interview this week
                That is what I had calculated. The Chargers have to win or tie to get in; the Raiders have to win to get in. This is assuming the Colts beat Jax, of course. Did Staley confirm this?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

The winners of LAC/LV are in no matter the Colts do.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Just a side note. The Colts have lost their last 5 or 6 meetings in Jax. Lost last year first game of the season with Rivers at QB for the Colts.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Just a side note. The Colts have lost their last 5 or 6 meetings in Jax. Lost last year first game of the season with Rivers at QB for the Colts.
                      I know, that's what makes the whole thing interesting. But Jax is really baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad right now. The Colts know they have to win to ensure getting into the playoffs. I expect them to play with motivation.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        That's meaningless.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That's meaningless.
                          Likely , but the Jags stunk last year too and beat em at home.

Comment

Working...
                          X